- Volume 8 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Attitude of Death, Perception on Hospice and Attitudes of DNR by Nursing Students in an Area
일개 대학 간호대학생의 죽음태도, 호스피스 인식 및 심폐소생술금지(DNR) 태도의 관계분석
- Kim, Young-Sun (Department of Nursing, College of Nursing, Catholic University of Pusan)
- 김영선 (부산가톨릭대학교 간호대학)
- Received : 2014.07.15
- Accepted : 2014.08.21
- Published : 2014.09.30
The purpose of this study was to provide a basic data for the establishment of attitude on death, perception on hospice and attitude of DNR by nursing students. The survey was performed with 214 nursing students in Busan. The data was collected by questionnaires and were analyzed using SPSS/win 21.0 program. The period of data collection was from June 1, 2013 to June 15, 2013. The mean scores of attitude on death, perception on hospice and attitude of DNR were 2.63, 3.30 and 3.83 point. The attitude of DNR of the nursing students was significantly different according to the grade and satisfaction of major. The attitude of DNR showed the significant positive relationship with attitude on death and perception on hospice. Attitude on death and perception on hospice accounted for 16.8% of variance in attitude of DNR. Finding of this study is necessary to develop nursing understanding for the attitude of DNR by considering attitude on death and perception on hospice.
Supported by : 부산가톨릭대학교
- W. Lamers(2012), Herman Feifel, The Meaning of Death, Mortality-Abingdon, Vol.17(1);64-78.
- Statistics Korea, http://kostat.go.kr/portal/index/statistics.action.
- D.M. Wilson(1996), Highlighting the Role of Policy in Nursing Practice Through a Comparison of DNR policy Influences and NO CPR Decision Influences. Nursing Outlook, Vol.44(6);272-279. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-6554(96)80083-2
- M.S. Son(1998), Ethical and Legal Aspect of Termination of Hospital Care, Journal of the Korean Medical Association, Vol.4(7);707-711.
- S.O. Jang(2000), Experience of family with DNR and change of care after DNR decision-making in intensive care units, Unpublished master dissertation, Kyeongsang National University of Korea, pp.52-54.
- J.B. Lee, H.S. Kim(2007), Studies on hospice service through case management practice: focusing on the case study of S-hospice, Korean Journal of Care Work, Vol.8;159-184.
- Y.B. Lee(2007), Nurse' and Doctors' Perceptions, Experiences, and Ethical Attitudes on DNR, Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, Vol.13(2);73-85.
- M.H. Lee, H.S. Kang(2007), The Relationship among Attitude toward DNR Orders, Depression and Self-esteem in the Elderly, Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, Vol.27(2);323-334.
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. Lang, A. Buchner(2007), G*power 3: a flexible statistical power analysis program for social, behavioral and biomedical sciences, Behavior Research Methods, Vol.39(2);175-191. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- J.A. Thorson, F.C. Powell(1988), Elements of Death Anxiety and Meaning of Death, Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol.44(5);691-701. https://doi.org/10.1002/1097-4679(198809)44:5<691::AID-JCLP2270440505>3.0.CO;2-D
- S.C. Park(1992), A Study on the Death Orientation of Hospice Volunteers, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol.22(1);68-80.
- J.H. Kim(2007), Relationship between spiritual well-being and attitudes toward death in volunteers for hospice care, Unpublished master dissertation, Kosin University of Korea, p.53.
- J.H. Kim(1990), Study about the perception of the medical regarding death and hospice, Unpublished master dissertation, Hanyang University of Korea, pp.8-13.
- E.J. Lee(1998), A study of spot-survey towards the Attitude of Hospice, Wonkwang University of Korea, pp.21-25.
- M.S. Kim, C.S. Lee, H.C. Kim(2007), The Effects of Hospice Volunteer Education Program on Perceptions about Hospice and the Meaning of Life, Asian Oncology Nursing, Vol.7(2);131-139.
- S.H. Kim, D.H. Kim(2011), Nursing Students' Attitude to Death, Death-related Education Experience and Educational Needs, The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, Vol.17(3);407-415. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.3.405
- Y.E. Lee, H.S. Park, S.K. Son(2007), The Relationship between Spiritual Welling-Being and Attitude toward Death in Nursing Students, Faith & Scholarship, Vol.12(3);195-232.
- Y.S. Kim(2013), The Differences of Attitude to Death and Perception on Hospice- Palliative Care between Nursing and Medical Students in an Area, The Korean Society of Health Service Management, Vol.7(2);37-52. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2013.7.2.037
- B.D. Hwang(2011), Attitudes of Hospice Volunteers towards Death with Dignity, The Korean Society of Health Service Management, Vol.5(2);1-14. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2011.5.2.001
- Factors Influencing Self Determination for Withdrawing Life-Sustaining Treatment of the Community Dwelling Elderly vol.28, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2016.28.3.334
- A Study on Ethical Attitude to DNR and Terminal Care Performance of Hospital Nurse vol.3, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.15205/kschs.2015.3.2.361
- Development of an Electronic Document for DNR Informed Consent based on the Electronic Medical Record System vol.10, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2016.10.3.099