- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Influence on Health Promotion Behavior among Government-funded Research Institute's Employee according to Perceptive Health Status and Social Support
정부출연 연구기관 종사자의 지각된 건강상태와 사회적 지지가 건강증진행위 실천에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Ji Hyun (Department of Nursing, Cheju Halla University) ;
- Park, Sook Kyoung (Department of Nursing, Wonkwang University)
- Received : 2015.04.14
- Accepted : 2015.11.10
- Published : 2015.11.30
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship among perceived health status and social support to identify the influencing factors of health promotion behavior in government-funded research institute's employee. Methods: The participants were 222 employees in three government-funded research institute. Questionnaires were used to measure the levels of the perceived health status, social support and health promotion behavior. The data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation, multiple regression, and the IBM SPSS/WIN 19.0 program. Results: The predicting factors for health promotion behavior were age, smoking, perceived health status and social support. The variables explained the health promotion behavior by 34.3%. Conclusion: A survey of the various influencing factors of health promotion behavior will be required and social support system for government-funded research institute's employee is needed.
- Burke, K. E., Schnittger, R., O'Dea, B., Buckley, V., Wherton, J. P., & Lawlor, B. A (2012). Factors associated with perceived health in older adult Irish population. Aging & Mental Health, 16(3), 288-295. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13607863.2011.628976 https://doi.org/10.1080/13607863.2011.628976
- Byun, H. J., & Park, J. I (2010). A review on chemical exposure and related health risks in laboratory workers. Journal of Environmental Health Science, 36(6), 441-455. http://dx.doi.org/10.5668/jehs.2010.36.6.441 https://doi.org/10.5668/jehs.2010.36.6.441
- Choi, J. M., Kim, J. H., & Kim, S. Y (1999). Work stress and social support according to type of personality a study of clerical workers. The Seoul Journal of Nursing, 13(2), 149-163.
- Choi, J. Y., & Park, Y. M (2013). Factors influencing health promoting behavior according to the type A/B personality of white collar workers. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 22(4), 305-313. http://dx.doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2013.22.4.305 https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2013.22.4.305
- Choi, M. K., & Lee, Y. H (2010). Depression, powerlessness, social support, and socioeconomic status in middle aged community residents. Journal of Korean Academic Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 19(2), 196-204. http://dx.doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2010.19.2.196 https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2010.19.2.196
- Eom, H. J., & Lee, H. J (2009). Predictors of quality of life aming workers in public health corporations. Journal of Academic Fundament Nursing, 16(2), 153-161.
- Government-funded Institute for nearly 40% of the total non-regular researchers(2014, July 10). Ohmynews, www.ohmynews.com/NWS_Web/View/at_pg.aspx?CNTN_CD=A0002011509
- Ha, Y. M., & Choi, H. K (2014). Relationships among self efficacy, social support, and health promoting behaviors in correctional officers. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 23(3), 163-170. http://dx.doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2014.23.3.163 https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2014.23.3.163
- Kim, E. J., & Park. J. S (2009). Comparison of health problems, conditions, & health promoting behavior and risky environment among various industrial workers. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 18(1), 71-83.
- Kim, E. K., Kim, B. G., Park, J. T., Kim, H. R., & Koo, J. W (2007). Factors affecting the health promotion activities of workers. Korean Journal of Environment Medicine, 19(1), 56-64.
- Kim, Y. S (1978). Evaluation of the effectiveness of health questionnaire: The case for industrial workers by medical data index. Journal of the Korean Biometric Association, 4(1), 7-20.
- Kim, S. J., & Jung, E. Y (2015). A Relevance on health perception, health knowledge and health promotion behavior of the university students. Journal of the Korean Academiaindustrial cooperation Society, 16(8), 5394-5403. http//dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS. 2015.16.8.5394 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.8.5394
- Koh, S. B., Son, M. A., Kong, J. O., Lee, C. G., Chang, S. J., & Cha, B. S (2003). Job Characterist ics and Psycho-social Distress of Atypical Workers. Korean Journal Occupation Environment Medicine, 16(1), 103-113.
- Kweon, Y. R., & Jeon, H. O (2013). Effects of perceived health status, self-esteem and family function on expectations regarding aging among middle-aged women. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 43(2), 176-184. http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.2.176 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.2.176
- Lee, M. H., Ahn, D. H., Jung, M. A., Lee, H. J., Koh, Y. J., & Byun, Y. J (2012). Redesigning new role and management system of government supported research institutes(2012-02). Seoul: Science and Technology Policy Institute.
- Lim, E. J., Noh, J. H., & Kim, S. E (2013). The factors that affect the health promoting behaviors of middle-aged workers between type D and non-type D personality. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 22(1), 47-56. http://dx.doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2013.22.1.47 https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2013.22.1.47
- Oh, M. S (2011). A study on the influence of work stress on job satisfaction. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Park, E. O (2011). A study on social support and depression by gender among adults Korean. Journal of Women Health Nursing, 17(2), 169-177. http://dx.doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2011.17.2.169. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2011.17.2.169
- Park, S. M (2013). Relationship between job stress and health practice behaviors among male research workers in an automobile company. Unpublished master's thesis, Korea University, Seoul.
- Pender, N. J., Murdaugh, C., & Parsons, M. A (2011). Health promotion in nursing practice(6th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Ryu, M. J (2010). The relationship among the dysfunctional belief, the social support and the level of job stress. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Ryoo, J. W., & Choi, M. Y (2013). Economic status of science and engineering researchers in government-funded research institutes. Journal of Employment and Skills Development, 16(2), 29-52.
- Segrin, S., & Domschke, T (2011). Social support, loneliness, recuperative processes, and their direct and indirect effects on health. Health Communication, 26, 221-232. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10410236.2010.546771 https://doi.org/10.1080/10410236.2010.546771
- Seo, J. Y (2012). Laboratory safety management policy options for the safety of people and the environment, facilities. Science and Technology Policy Institute Insight, 97, 1-30.
- Seo, S. Y., & Lee, J. S (2012). Influence of knowledge and sunjective health status on health promoting behavior about osteoporosis in industrial workers. Journal of Muscle Joint Health, 19(3), 340-349. http://dx.doi.org/10.5953/JMJH.2012.19.3.340 https://doi.org/10.5953/JMJH.2012.19.3.340
- Seo, H. M (2000). Construction of health promoting behaviors model in elderly. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Seo, M. H., & Oh, G. S (1993). A study of well-being in caregivers caring for chronically ill family members. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 23, 467-486.
- Statistic Korea (2014). Survey of research and development in Korea(1988-2012 data). retrieved June 19, 2014, from: http://kostat.go.kr
- Weinert, C., & Brandt, P. A (1981). The PRO-A social support measure. Nursing Research, 30, 277-280.
- Yoo, M. S., & Cho, W. S (2011). A review and analysis of research on job stress: Current challenges and new directions. Journal of Korean Academy of Management, 2011(1), 521-553.
- Association of Job Stress with Health-promoting Behaviors and Health Status in Clinical Nurses vol.25, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2016.25.4.311