- Volume 16 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Brain-Computer Interface Based Human-Robot Interaction Platform
Brain-Computer Interface 기반 인간-로봇상호작용 플랫폼
- Yoon, Joongsun (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National University)
- 윤중선 (부산대학교 기계공학부)
- Received : 2015.10.05
- Accepted : 2015.11.06
- Published : 2015.11.30
We propose a brain-machine interface(BMI) based human-robot interaction(HRI) platform which operates machines by interfacing intentions by capturing brain waves. Platform consists of capture, processing/mapping, and action parts. A noninvasive brain wave sensor, PC, and robot-avatar/LED/motor are selected as capture, processing/mapping, and action part(s), respectively. Various investigations to ensure the relations between intentions and brainwave sensing have been explored. Case studies-an interactive game, on-off controls of LED(s), and motor control(s) are presented to show the design and implementation process of new BMI based HRI platform.
- J. Yoon, "A Motion Capture and Mimic System for Intelligent Interactions", Journal of Control, Automation and Systems Engineering, pp.585-592, July 1999.
- Yoon J. BCI based HRI Platform. Capstone Design, Pusan National University, 2013.
- Yoon J. Mom(Korperlichkeit) and Interactive Technology. ASTA Project 1, Gallery Fusion, Mar., 9, 2000.
- Margolis M. Arduino Cookbook, 2nd ed. O'Reilly, 2012.
- Reas C, Fry B. Getting Started with Processing. O'Reilly, 2010.
- CNN Video. Man in exoskeleton kicks off World Cup, Available From: edition.cnn.com/videos/sports/2014/06/13/pkg-gupta-world-cup-exoskeleton.cnn. (accessed Jun. 12, 2014)
- Wikipedia. Brain-computer interface, Available From: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain%E2%80%93computer_interface.(accessed Dec., 1, 2011)
- Wikipedia. HRI, Available From: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_robot_interaction. (accessed Dec., 1, 2011)
- Wikipedia. Computing Platform en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computing_platform. (accessed Dec., 1, 2011)
- Wikipedia. Electroencephalography, Available From:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroencephalography. (accessed Jun., 17, 2015)
- Neurosky. Mindwave, Available From: www.neurosky.com/. (accessed Jan., 7, 2013)
- Tan Le. A Headset that reads Your brain Wave, TED, Available From:www.ted.com/talks/tan_le_a_ headset_that reads_your_brainwaves.html. (accessed Oct., 15, 2010)
- Emotiv. EPOC/EEG, Available From: www.emotiv.com/. (accessed Jan., 7, 2013)
- Stanley Yang. Global Leaders Forum, Neurosky, Available From: http://www.tvchosun.com/tvchosunforum/. (accessed Nov. 20, 2014)