- Volume 21 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Improved Wheelset Speed Implementation of a Brake HILS System for a Railway Vehicle
철도차량 제동 HILS 시스템의 개선된 윤축속력 구현
- Lee, Dong-chan (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Konkuk University) ;
- Kang, Chul-Goo (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Konkuk University)
- Received : 2015.03.14
- Accepted : 2015.08.03
- Published : 2015.09.01
The hardware-in-the-loop simulation (HILS) of a railway vehicle is crucial for overcoming the limitation of field tests of a railway vehicle. A brake HILS system for a railway vehicle was previously not able to test the performance of a speed-sensing system of a railway vehicle, since wheelset speeds were generated only by computer simulations. In this paper, we present a novel wheelset speed implementation of a brake HILS system for a railway vehicle. Four wheelset speeds of a brake HILS system for a car of a railway vehicle are implemented using four small-sized servomotors, whereas the speed sensors and pole wheels used in the brake HILS system are the actual ones of the railway vehicle. According to the simulated speeds of four wheelsets in the dynamic equations of motion, four servomotors generate wheel speeds in real time, and then the measured wheelset speeds are fed back to the computer simulation model. Moreover, in this paper, we improve the performance of wheelset speed measurement via the T method instead of the M method presently used in the field. The performances of wheelset speed implementation and speed-sensor operation are demonstrated by experimental works using a HILS system.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- C. F. Bonnet, Practical Railway Engineering, 2nd Ed., Imperial College Press, 2005.
- L. Pugi, M. Malvezzi, A. Tarasconi, A. Palazzolo, G. Cocci, and M. Violani, "HIL simulation of WSP systems on MI-6 test rig," Vehicle System Dynamics: International Journal of Vehicle Mechanics and Mobility, vol. 44, pp. 843-852, 2007.
- E. Meli, M. Malvezzi, S. Papini, L. Pugi, M. Rinchi, and A. Rindi, "A railway vehicle multibody model for real-time applications," Vehicle System Dynamics: International Journal of Vehicle Mechanics and Mobility, vol. 46, no. 12, pp. 1083-1105, 2008.
- H. Zhang, Y. Zhang, and L. Chen, "Hardware-in-the-loop simulation of pneumatic antilock braking system based on Modelica," International Journal of CAD/CAM, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 29-37, 2010.
- W. J. Hwang and C. G. Kang, "HILS of the braking system of a high speed train," Journal of Control, Automation and Systems Engineering (in Korean), vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 432-438, 2001.
- N. J. Lee and C. G. Kang, "Brake force simulation of a high speed train using a dynamic model," Journal of Control, Automation and Systems Engineering (in Korean), vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 46-53, 2002.
- J. B. Jung and C. G. Kang, "Brake characteristic analysis of the Korean high-speed train," Journal of Control, Automation and Systems Engineering (in Korean), vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 232-238, 2004. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2004.10.3.232
- C. G. Kang, "Analysis of the braking system of the Korean high-speed train using real-time simulation," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 1048-1057, 2007.
- C. G. Kang, H. Y. Kim, M. S. Kim, and B. C. Goo, "Simulations on creep forces acting on the wheel of a rolling stock," Proc. of International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems, pp. 7-12, Seoul, Korea, 2008.
- International Union of Railways, "Brakes - Wheel slide protection device (WSP)," UIC CODE 541-05, 2nd edition, Nov. 2005.
- J. R. Ryoo and T. Y. Doh, "Static friction compensation for enhancing motor control precision," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, vol. 20, no 2, pp. 180-185, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.13.1974
- G. H. Lee and S. K. Hahm, "A study on auto code generation for high performance motor control using the Simulink," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 1125-1131, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.13.1942
- R. J. Hill, "Fail-safe speed sensor for London transport automatic trains," Proc. of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, vol. 128, no. 6, pp. 277-284, Nov. 1981.
- D. C. Lee and C. G. Kang, "Wheelset velocity realization of a HILS system for a railway vehicle using a pole wheel and a speed sensor," Proc. of ICROS Annual Conference 2014 (in Korean), Daegoo, Korea, pp. 41-44, May 2014.
- D. Manli, W. Gang, S. Chun, and L. Xiaoguang, "High accuracy speed measurement for rotary motor based on DSP," Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 205-209, 2014.
- H. Arabaci and O. Bilgin, "A novel motor speed calculation method using square wave speed sensor signals via fast Fourier transform," Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, vol. 20, no. Sup. 1, pp. 1090-1099, 2012.
- J. H. Park and B. C. Goo, "Dynamic modeling of a railway vehicle under braking," Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 431-437, 2007.
- O. Polach, "Creep forces in simulations of traction vehicles running on adhesion limit," Wear, vol. 258, pp. 992-1000, 2005.