- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Game Application System Development for improving the Symmetry of the Left/Right Brain Activity
좌/우뇌 활성도 대칭 향상을 위한 게임 활용 시스템 개발연구
- Ahn, So-Young (Dept. of Computer Engineering, Sejong University) ;
- Shin, Dong-Kyoo (Dept. of Computer Engineering, Sejong University) ;
- Shin, Dong-Il (Dept. of Computer Engineering, Sejong University)
- Received : 2015.03.10
- Accepted : 2015.04.03
- Published : 2015.04.20
In this paper, we present the research result related to a game application system which improves the symmetry of the left and right brain activity for alleviating the emotional disorders such as anxiety and depression. Since the characteristics of patients with affective disorders are less willing to therapy. obvious motivation is needed in general. To provide a strong incentive for these patients, we propose a customized game system through game-oriented content of enjoyment. After the experiments conducted for 5 days, it was found that the symmetry of left and right brain activity is enhanced. The proposed functional game system can be applied to a wide range of applications such as healthcare or education.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- Soo-Young Lee, "National neuroscience research trends", The Institute of Elecrtinics and Information Engineers, Vol. 27, No. 7, pp35-42, 2000.
- Dae-Sick Kim and Jang-Wook Choi, "Electroencephalogram", Korea Medical, pp4-5, 2001.
- Wan-Hee Park and Young-Jin Kim, "The effects of Korean language learning program based on academic achievement brain preferences", The Korean Association for Thinking Development, pp199-214, 2002
- Mark, F. B, "Neuroscience: Exploring The Brain Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilking", 2001.
- Ki-ja Bak, "A Study on the effects of one's blood type on brain function and corelation character of middle.high school", Korea Aerospace Industries, Vol. 11, No. 11, pp1673-1679, 2009.
- Ki-Ja Bak, Pyung-Woon Park, and Sang-Kyun Ahn, "A Study on the effects of prefrontal lobe neurofeedback training on the corelation of children by timeseries linear analysis", Korea Aerospace Industries, Vol. 10, No. 7, pp1673-1679, 2009.
- Galaburda, Albert M, LeMay, Marjorie, Kemper, Thomas L, Geschwind, and Norman, "Right-left asymmetrics in the brain", Science, Vol. 199, No. 4331, pp852-856, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.341314
- Eun-Jin Cheon, "Electroencephalographic Changes in Depression",J Korean Soc Biol Ther Psychiatry, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp93-100, 2013.
- Sheline, and Yvette I, "Neuroimaging studies of mood disorder effects on the brain", Biological psychiatry, Vol. 54, No. 3, pp338-352, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0006-3223(03)00347-0
- Brody AL, Barsom MW, Bota RG, and Saxena S, "Prefrontal-subcortical and limbic circuit mediation of major depressive disorder", Seminars in clinical neuropsychiatry, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp102-112, 2001.
- Seung-Hwan Kim, "Medical-IT Fusion Technology Trends and Forecasts", The Institute of Elecrtinics and Information Engineers, Vol. 37, No. 6, pp49-59, 2010.
- Yoon-Gi Jung, Tae-Hun Lee and Sung-Pil Kim, "Brain-Computer Interface Technology Research Status for Healthcare-IT Fusion", The Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers, Vol. 29, No.4, pp10-18, 2011.
- Yun-Sick Sung, Kyung-Eun Cho and Ky-Hyun Um, "A Normalization Method to Utilize Brain Waves as Brain Computer Interface Game Control", Journal of Korea Game Society, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp115-124, 2010.
- Dong-Goo Kim, Hyung-Bae Park, and Young-Woo Ahn, "Neurofeedback: Principles and Clinical Application.", The Korean Society of Stress Medicine, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp93-98, 2005.
- Hyung-Bae Park, and Hyung-Mo Sung, "The Introduction and Clinical Application of Neurofeedback", Korean Psychosomatic Society, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp8-17, 2006.
- Sun-Hee Cho, "EEG Analysis of Brain Respiration Training Students and Regular Students during Learning Activity", Master's Thesis, Seoul UNIV. graduate school, 2001.
- Chang-Jo Lee, "Development of the Game for Increasing Intensive Power using EEG Signal", Journal of Korea Game Society, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp23-28, 2009.
- Jun-Young Sim, "Effects on Students Attention and Fontal EEG Activity By a Brain Training Program", International Brain Education Association Seminar, pp25-45, 2009.
- Young-Ja Lim, "Comparison of Concentration Levels and Brainwave Activation between HSP Trainees and Non-HSP Trainees", University of Brain Education, 2009.
- Yoo-Bin Koh, Min-Kyu Ahn, Woong-Bin Kim, and Sung-Chan Jun, "Study of quantifying concentration index using electroencephalography(EEG)", HCI, pp23-25, 2012
- Davidson, R.J, "Cerebral asymmetry and emotion: Methodological conundrums", Cognition and Emotion, Vol. 7, pp115-138, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1080/02699939308409180