- Volume 22 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Impact of Job Stress on Turnover Intention among Emergency Room Nurses
응급실 간호사의 직무 스트레스가 이직의도에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Yu-Lim (Chungnam National University Hospital) ;
- Ahn, Sukhee (College of Nursing, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2015.01.14
- Accepted : 2015.03.04
- Published : 2015.04.30
Purpose: This study was to identify the level of job stress and turnover intention and to explore the impact of job stress on turnover intention among emergency room (ER) nurses. Methods: With a correlational survey design, 155 emergency room nurses were recruited in D metropolitan city. Data were collected using a structured questionnaire including ER-related job stress, turnover intention, and subjects' characteristics from March 18 to March 26, 2013. Results: Overall mean score of job stress was
- Baek, M. H. (2010). Job stress, job satisfaction, and turnover intention of new nurses at emergency department. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Cho, H. N., & Kim, S. J. (2014). Relationship of job stress, hardiness, and burnout among emergency room nurses. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 23(1), 11-19. http://dx.doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2014.23.1.11 https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2014.23.1.11
- Cho, J. Y., Lee, Y. W., Kim, H-S., & Kim, S-H. (2011). Relationships among response for violence experience, hardiness, and job satisfaction of nurses working in emergency department. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 23(5), 494-502.
- Coomber, B., & Barriball, K. L. (2007). Impact of job satisfaction components on intent to leave and turnover for hospitalbased nurses: A review of the research literature. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 44(2), 297-314. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2006.02.004 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2006.02.004
- Han, J. W., & Lee, B. S. (2013). Relationship between post-traumatic stress, job stress and turnover intention among emergency department nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 19(3), 340-350. http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.3.340 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.3.340
- Jo, S. Y., & Sung, M. H. (2012). Factors influencing turnover intention in emergency department nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 19(4), 503-510. http://dx.doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.4.503 https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.4.503
- Kim, B. J., Lee, E. N., Kang, K. H., Kim, S. S., Kim, S. A., Sung, Y. H., et al. (2006). A study of job analysis of the emergency room nurse. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 12(1), 81-95.
- Kim, I. S. (2009). The role of self-efficacy and social support in the relationship between emotional labor and burn out, turn over intention among Hospital Nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 15(4), 515-526.
- Kim, J. H. (2012). Study on factors affecting turnover intention of emergency room nurses. Unpublished master's thesis, Inje University, Busan.
- Kim, J. K., & Kim M. J. (2011). A review of research on hospital nurses' turnover intention. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 17(4), 538-550. http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.4.538 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.4.538
- Korea Hospital Nurses Association. (2012). Survey on the current nurse deployment. A report of hospital nurses association 2012 (pp. 99-109). Seoul: Hospital Nurses Association.
- Kwon, H. J., Kim, H. S., Choe, K. S., Lee, K. S., & Sung, Y. H. (2007). A study on verbal abuse experienced at medical centers. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 13(2), 113-124.
- Lee, E. H., Chang, S. J., Kim H. O., Roh, J. H., Park, E. J., & Won, J. U. (2007). Relationship between job stress and turnover of registered nurses in a university hospital. Annals of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 19(2), 93-104.
- Lee, J. S., Yoon, J. Y., Jeon, H. J., Son, S. Y., & Park, Y. U. (2012). Study on model development of turnover paradigm and reasons for turnover in hospital nurses who quit their jobs through in-depth interview. Hospital Nurses Association. Retrieved March 1, 2013, from http://khna.or.kr/web/information/resource.php
- Lee, J. U. (2012). Joys and sorrows of the emergency room nurses. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- Lee, M. S. (2012). Study of nurses in emergency department on the stress and job satisfaction related to nursing of emergency pediatric patients. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- Lee, Y. H. (2012). A study on phenomenological research of change job experiences of nurses in emergency room. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- Nunnally, J. C., & Bernstein, I. H. (1994). Psychometric theory (3rd ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Oh, M. O., Sung, M. H., & Kim, Y. W. (2011). Job stress, fatigue, job satisfaction and commitment to organization in emergency department nurses. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 17(2), 215-227.
- Park, H. S. (2002). Relationship between perceived nursing care role orientation, job characteristics, and turnover among nurses. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Sung, M. H., & Cho, S. Y. (2010). The relationship between job characteristics and organizational commitment, and turnover intention in emergency department nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 17(4), 566-574.
- Sung, M. H., & Choi, E. Y. (2012). The relationships between professional self-concept, nursing performance and retention intention of emergency department nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 19(2), 244-252. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.2.244
- Yang, J. H., & Jung, H. Y. (2009). Relationships between violence response, coping, and burnout among emergency department nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 16(1), 103-111. http://dx.doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.2.244
- Yoon, K. S. (2003). Study on the job stress and coping of emergency nurses. Unpublished master's thesis, Chung-Ang University, Seoul.
- Yoon, S. G., Park, J. Y., Kim, G. H., & Han, C. Y. (2010). Evaluation on the performance of nursing in according to the nursing grade of hospitals. Korean Journal of Hospital Management, 15(3), 1-16.
- Yun, C. G., & Lee, H. N. (2003). A study on the job stress of nurses in hospital. Journal of the Korean Society of Health Statistics, 28, 95-109.
- An Ethnography on Daily Lives of Nurses in Emergency Departments vol.23, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2016.23.4.448
- Effects of Emotional Labor and Organizational Justice on Organizational Socialization of Emergency Room Nurses vol.23, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2017.23.4.397
- Influence of Experiencing Verbal Abuse, Job Stress and Burnout on Nurses' Turnover Intention in Hemodialysis Units vol.22, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2016.22.2.189
- Work pressure and burnout effects on emergency room operations: a system dynamics simulation approach pp.1862-8508, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11628-018-00390-1