- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
TFT-LCD Defect Blob Detection based on Sequential Defect Detection Method
순차적 결함 검출 방법에 기반한 TFT-LCD 결함 영역 검출
- Received : 2014.11.27
- Accepted : 2015.04.03
- Published : 2015.04.30
This paper proposes a TFT-LCD defect blob detection algorithm using the sequential defect detection method. First, for every pixel, a defect possibility is determined by the intensity difference and the defect candidates are detected according to the sequential defect detection method. For detected candidate pixels, the defect probability that indicates a potential included in the defect according to the each step. By applying the morphological operation, blobs are comprised of the detected candidates and the defect blobs are detected using the defect possibility of blobs. The validity of the proposed method was demonstrated a simulated image and also then it was tested a real TFT-LCD image. By the experimental results, the proposed method is very effective in TFT-LCD detect detection.
본 논문에서는 순차적 결함 검출 방법을 이용하여 TFT-LCD의 결함 영역(Blob)을 효과적으로 검출하는 알고리즘을 제안한다. 먼저 결함과 배경 간의 휘도 차를 이용하여 영상의 각 화소들에 대한 결함 확률을 판단하고, 결함 확률에 따른 순차적 결함 검출 방법을 이용하여 결함 후보 화소를 검출한다. 여기서 결함 확률이란 결함 후보 화소가 검출된 단계에 따라 결함 영역에 포함될 가능성을 나타내다. 형태학 연산을 적용함으로써 검출된 후보 화소들을 후보 결함 영역으로 형성하고, 각 후보 결함 영역에 대한 결함 가능성을 계산하여 결함 영역을 검출한다. 모의 TFT-LCD 영상을 생성하여 제안 방법의 타당성을 검증하고, 실제 TFT-LCD 영상에 적용함으로서 제안 알고리즘의 우수한 결함 검출 성능을 확인하였다.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- J. Jang, S. K. Lim and M. H. Oh, "Technology Development and Production of Flat Panel Displays in Korea," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 90, No. 4, pp. 501-513, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2002.1002522
- L. E. Tannas. Jr., "Evolution of Flat Panel Displays," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 82, No. 4, pp. 499-509, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/5.282228
- Y. C. Cho, B. J. Choi, and J. O. Yoon, "A Study on the Development of Backlight Surface Defect Inspection System using Computer Vision," Journal of the Korea Industrial Systems Research, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 116-123, 2007.
- Y. Ishii, "The World of Liquid-Crystal Display TVs-Past, Present and Future," Journal of Display Technology, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 351-360, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/JDT.2007.909381
- L. Y. Pan, S. C. Chang, M. Y. Liao and Y. T. Lin, "The Future Development of Global LCD TV Industry", Management of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5-9, pp. 1818-1821, 2007.
- C. B. Moon, Y. H. Ahn, H. Y. Lee, B. M. Kim, and D. W. Oh, "Implementation of Automatic Detection System for CCFL's Defects based on Combined Lighting," Journal of the Korea Industrial Systems Research, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 69-80, 2010.
- J. H. Oh and K. H. Park, "TFT-LCD Defect Enhancement using Frequency Sensitivity of HVS," Journal of The Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea, Vol. 44-SP, No. 5, pp. 20-27, 2007.
- H. Wang, S. Z. Li and Y. Wang, "Face Recognition under Varying Lighting Conditions using Self Quotient Image," Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition(FGR'04), pp. 819-824, 2004.
- J. H. Oh, B. J. Yun, S. Y. Kim and K. H. Park, "A Development of the TFT-LCD Image Defect Inspection Method Based on Human Visual System," IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Science, Vol. E91, No. 6, pp. 1400-1407, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1093/ietfec/e91-a.6.1400
- J. H. Oh, W. S. Kim, C. H. Han and K. H. Park, "Defect Detection of TFT-LCD Image using Adapted Contrast Sensitivity Function and Wavelet Transform," IEICE Transactions on Electronics, Vol. E90-C, No. 11, pp. 2131-2135, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1093/ietele/e90-c.11.2131
- J. H. Oh, D. M. Kwak, K, B, Lee, Y. C. Song, D. H. Choi and K. H. Park, "Line Defect Detection in TFT-LCD using Directional Filter Bank and Adaptive Multilevel Thresholding," Key Engineering Materials, Vol. 270-273, pp. 233-238, 2004. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.270-273.233
- W. S. Kim, D. M. Kwak, Y. C. Song, D. H. Choi and K. H. Park, "Detection of Spot-Type Defects on Liquid Crystal Display Modules," Key Engineering Materials, Vol. 270-273, pp. 808-813, 2004. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.270-273.808
- S. M. Lee, T. H. Kim and K. H. Park, "Sequential Defect Detection according to Defect Possibility in TFT-LCD Panel Image," Journal of The Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea, Vol. 51, No. 4, pp. 799-806, 2014.
- E. H. Gu and K. H. Park, "A TFT-LCD Defect Detection Method based on Defect Possibility using the Size of Blob and Gray Difference," Journal of the Korea Industrial Information Systems Research, Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 43-51, 2014. https://doi.org/10.9723/JKSIIS.2014.19.6.043
- S. G. Sun and H. W. Park, "Segmentation of forward-looking infrared image using fuzzy thresholding and edge detection," Optical Engineering, Vol. 40, No. 11, pp. 2638-2645, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1117/1.1409563