- Volume 18 Issue 1
The focus of regional innovation policies is shifting from a central government to local governments. No one denies the fact that the innovation will lead regional development and shall be created in such a way that it will be appropriate for regional circumstances. However, the central government and local governments have not arrived yet at a conclusion on what innovation policies are appropriate for regional circumstances. This leads to a consequence that is inefficient not only at a national level, but also at a regional level. This research, given this problem, aims to find out the characteristics and differences in innovation types among the regions in Korea and suggests appropriate policy implications by classifying such characteristics and differences. This research, given these objectives, classified regions in consideration of the various indicators that comprise the innovation suggested by existing related researches and illustrated policies based on such characteristics and differences. In this research clustering analysis based on multiple factor analysis was applied. Supplementary researches on dynamically analyzing stability in regional innovation types, establishing systematic indicators based on the regional innovation theory, and developing additional indicators are necessary in the future.
Supported by : 한국과학기술기획평가원
- 과학기술부 (2005), "국가 연구개발 사업 등의 성과평가 및 성과관리에 관한 법률", 서울.
- 국회 건설교통위원회 (1995), "국정감사 결과 시정 및 처리사항 : 건설교통부", 서울: 국회사무처.
- 김성수 (2005), "연구개발 분야에서 성과관리 제도의 도입현황 분석", 기술혁신학회지, 8(1): 237-260.
- 나주몽 (2003), "지역혁신조사(CIS)데이터를 이용한 지역혁신활동의 특성과 공간적 패턴", 국토계획, 대한국토.도시계획학회, 38(7): 7-24.
- 윤정원 (2014), "중국 지역간 기술혁신역량 격차에 관한 연구", 국제지역연구, 17(4): 231-258.
- 이훈영 (2010), "이훈영 교수의 통계학", 서울: 청람.
- 中山慶一郎 (2014), 多因子分析による探索的多変量データ分析, 関西学院大学 研究ノート.
- Ajmone, M. G. and Maguire, K. (2011), "Categorisation of OECD Regions Using Innovation- Related Variables", OECD Regional Development Working Papers, 2011/03, OECD Publishing. http://dx.doi.org/10.1787/5kg8bf42qv7k-en
- Aumayr, C. M. (2007), "European Region Types in EU-25", The European Journal of Comparative Economics. 4(2): 109-147.
- ESPON (2013), "KIT : Knowledge, Innovation, Territory", Final Scientific Report.
- Francisco, G. F., Yesenia, S. T. and Alberto, M. V. (2013), "Aanlysis of Regional Innovation Capability in MEXICO", In Marquez, B., Cervantes, L., Ochoa, A. and Castillo, N. (eds.), Competitivness' Key Factor S: The Organization's Internal Resources, Its Heterogeneous Distribution and its Difficulty to imitate them, Produccion en Estados Unidos de Norteamerica, 163-177.
- Hollanders, H., James, D., Robert, T. and Stefano, T. (2012), Lorena Rivera Leon, "Regional Innovation Scoreboard 2012 Methodology report", http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/policies/innovation/files/ris-2012-methodology-report_en.pdf
- Husson, F., Agrocampus, J. and Josse, A. (2010), Principal component methods - hierarchical clustering - partitional clustering: why would we need to choose for visualizing data?, Agro Campus Technical Report.
- Husson, F., Sebastien, L. and Jerome, P. (2011), Exploratory Multivariate Analysis by Example Using R, CRC Press.
- Hvidsten, T. R. and Komorowski, J. (2009), "Clustring: Hierarchical and K-means", The Linnaeus centre for bioifomatics. http://xray.bmc.uu.se/kurs/BioinfX3/Clustering.pdf
- Izsak, K. (2012), Regionalisation of research and innovation policies in Europe , Technopolis Group Belgium. http://www.forskningsradet.no
- Josse, J., Sebastien L. and Jeremy, M. P. (2014), "FactoMineR': Multivariate Exploratory Data Analysis and Data Mining with R, August 28, 2014", http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/FactoMineR/FactoMineR.pdf
- Liu M. C., Wang J. C. and Wu M. T. (2014), "Typology and Knowledge Productivity of Regional Innovation System: Evidence from China", Journal of Business and Economics, January 2014, 5(1): 49-60.
- Navarro, M., Juan, J. G., Ricardo, A. and Benat, B. (2008), "Patterns of innovation in the EU-25 regions: a typology and policy recommendations", Orkestra Working Paper Series in Territorial Competitiveness. Number 2008-047.
- Navarro, M. and Gibaja, J. J. (2009), Typologies of Innovation based on Statistical Analysis for European and Spanish Regions, Working Papers INNOVATION 2009-4.
- OECD (1999), Managing National Innovation System, Paris.
- Pages, J. (2004), "Multiple Factor Analysis: Main Features and Application to Sensory Data", Revista Colombiana de Estadistica, 27(1): 1-26.
- Petruchenya, A. (2013), Regional Innovation Systems in Russia: Towards a Typology of Regions and Policy Recommendations, Lund University.
- Pons, X. A. and Martins, J. J. G. (2012), Titulo de la Comunicacon: Mapping the Effiency of Regional Innovation Systems: A Typology for Spanish Regions, http://www.aecr.org/web/congresos/2012/Bilbao2012/htdocs/pdf/p548.pdf.
- Pons, X. A. (2014), "The Role of Intermediaries in Solving System Problems in Regional Innovation Systems", Dissertation University of Deusto.
- Siller, M., Hauser, C., Walde, J. and Tappeiner, G. (2014), The multiple facets of regional innovation, Working Papers in Economics and Statistics 2014-19.
- Wintjes, R. and Hollanders, H. (2010), "The regional impact of technological change in 2020", http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/sources/docgener/studies/pdf/2010_technological_change.pdf.