- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Anti-Islanding Schemes using Frequency Drift in Distributed Generation System
분산전원 시스템의 주파수 변동을 통한 단독운전 방지기법 분석
- Jo, Yeong-Min (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Cho, Sang-Yoon (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Song, Seung-Ho (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Choy, Ick (School of Robotics, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Choi, Ju-Yeop (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Lee, Young-Kwoun (Keumbee Electronics)
- Received : 2015.01.30
- Accepted : 2015.04.16
- Published : 2015.06.20
Unintentional islanding results in safety hazards, power quality degradation, and many other issues. Thus, islanding detection of grid-connected distributed generation system is a key function for standards compliance. Many anti-islanding schemes are currently being studied; however, existing anti-islanding schemes used in inverters have power quality degradation and non-detection zone issues. Therefore, this paper analyzes existing anti-islanding schemes by using frequency drift in accordance with both islanding detection performance and power quality. This paper also proposes a new anti-islanding scheme by using frequency drift. Both simulation and experimental results show that the proposed scheme has negligible power quality degradation and no non-detection zones compared with other existing schemes.
Supported by : 중소기업청
- K. O. Lee, "Output power analysis for active frequency drift method," Journal of the Korea Solar Energy Society, Vol. 29, No. 6, pp. 75-80, Dec. 2009.
- Z. Ye, A. Kolwalkar, Y. Zhang, P. Du, R. Walling, "Evaluation of anti-islanding schemes based on non-dectection zone concept," Sustainable Energy Technologies, 2008. ICSET 2008. IEEE International Conference on Digital Object Identifier, pp. 1171-1176, 2004.
- Z. Ye, "A new family of active anti-islanding schemes based on DQ implementation for grid-connected inverters," Power Electronics Specialists Conference, 2004. PESC 04. 2004 IEEE 35th Annual, Vol. 1, 2004.
- Y. S. Jung, "Analysis of active islanding detection methods for a single-phase photovoltaic power conditioning systems," Journal of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, pp. 1477-1479, Jul. 2004.