- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
STUDY ON GREEN WATER BEHAVIOR ON RECTANGULAR SHAPED STRUCTURE
사각형 단면 구조물에 대한 그린워터의 생성 특성 연구
- Lee, K.N. (Dept. of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Pusan National Univ.) ;
- Jung, K.H. (Dept. of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Pusan National Univ.) ;
- Chae, Y.J. (Dept. of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Pusan National Univ.) ;
- Park, I.R. (Dept. of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Dong-Eui Univ.) ;
- Suh, S.B. (Dept. of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Dong-Eui Univ.)
- 이강남 (부산대학교 조선해양공학과) ;
- 정광효 (부산대학교 조선해양공학과) ;
- 채영준 (부산대학교 조선해양공학과) ;
- 박일룡 (동의대학교 조선해양공학과) ;
- 서성부 (동의대학교 조선해양공학과)
- Received : 2015.06.03
- Accepted : 2015.06.22
- Published : 2015.06.30
In this study, the green water phenomena on rectangular shaped structure is numerically simulated by STAR-CCM+ to investigate the flow pattern including the velocity profiles in bubbly water flow. 5 phases of the formation of green water in front of and over the rectangular shaped structure is simulated at the design condition which is scaled down by 1:125 from FPSO operating in GOM. All numerical results are compared with the experimental results performed in a two dimensional wave flume. The water deformation due to the green water are obtained by the high speed CCD camera with employing the shadow graphy technique, which is allowed to take the bubbly water flow into images. A series of image taken by shadow graphy technique is analyzed with MQD method to calculate the velocity in bubbly water flow.
Grant : 에너지·자원개발용조선해양플랜트미래기술인력양성사업단
- 2000, Ersdal, G. and Kvitrud, A., "Green Water Incidents on Norwegian Production Ships," Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Offshore and Polar Engineering (ISOPE 2000), Vol.1, pp.211-218.
- 2000, Buchner, B. and Voogt, A., "The Effect of Bow Flare Angle on FPSO Green Water Loading," Procedings of ETCE/OMAE 2000 Joint conference energy for the new millenium February, pp.14-17.
- 2005, Greco, M., Faltinsen, O.M. and Landrini, M., "Shipping of Water on a Two-dimensional Structure," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 525, pp.309-332. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112004002691
- 1999, Fekken, G., Veldman, A.E.P. and Buchner, B., "Simulation of Green Water Flow Using the Navier-Stokes Equation," Seventh International Conference on Numerical Ship Hydromechanics, Nantes.
- 2004, Nielsen, K.B. and Mayer, S., "Numerical Prediction of Green Water Incidents," Ocean Engineering, Vol.31, pp.363-399. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2003.06.001
- 2005, Shibata, K. and Koshizuka, S., "Numerical Analysis of Shipping Water Impact on a Deck Using a Particle Method," Ocean Engineering, Vol.34, pp.585-593.
- 2007, Interim Guidance on Hurricane Conditions in the Gulf of Mexico, API(American Petroleum Institute).
- 2015, Jung, K.H., Lee, K.N. and Chae, Y.J., "An Experimental Study of Phase Behavior of Green Water on a Rectangular Offshore Structure," 2015 KAOSTS joint conference.
- 2000, Gui, L. and Merzkirch, W., "A Comparative Study of The MQD Method and Several Correlation-based PIV Evaluation Algorithms," Experiments in Fluids, Vol.28, pp.36-44. https://doi.org/10.1007/s003480050005
- 1999, Muzaferija, S. and Peric, M., "Computation of Free Surface Flows Using Interface-Tracking and Interface - Capturing Methods," Chapter 2 in Mahrenholtz, O. and Markewicz, M., Nonlinear Water Wave Interaction, Computational Mechanics Publications.
- Experimental Study on Behavior of Green Water for Rectangular Structure vol.30, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2016.30.1.044