- Volume 16 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Influence of Ego states, Self Esteem, and Empathies on Interpersonal Relationship of Nursing Students
간호대학생의 자아상태, 자존감, 공감정도가 대인관계에 미치는 영향
- Jung, Min (Department of Nursing, Cheju Halla University)
- 정민 (제주한라대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2015.03.25
- Accepted : 2015.07.16
- Published : 2015.07.31
The purpose of this study is to examine the effects that nursing students' ego-states, self esteem, and empathies have on their interpersonal relationships. The subjects of this study were 210 nursing students who enrolled in interpersonal relationship & communication classes at A university in J city. Collected data were analysed with descriptive analysis, t-test, Pearson correlation coefficients, and multiple regression. The results showed self esteem took 37 as a significant predictors of interpersonal relationship, followed by FC (Free Child, 26), and AC (Accepted Child, -18). The model explained 42% of the variables. Based on the findings, I suggest educational interventions should consider these factors to enhance nursing students' interpersonal relationships.
- K. Y. Kim, "Erikson's psychosocial developmental theory", Dictionary on Terminology of Psychology, Korean Psychological Association, 2014.
- Schaller, M., Cialdini, R. B., "Happiness, sadness and helping: A motivational integration" In E. T. Higgins & R. M. Sorrentino (Eds.), Handbook of motivation and cognition, pp. 265-296, New York: Guilford, 1990.
- S. H. Kim, J. W. Kim, "Relationships among psychological separation, interpersonal relation disposition and social adjustment", Korean Educational Psychology, 18(2), pp. 83-97, 2004.
- Y. J. Cho, "The effects of undergraduate students' attachment, automatic thoughts, social support on interpersonal competence", Unpublished master's theses, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, 2014.
- Y. J. Chang, "The effects of adult attachments on university students' ego-identities and adaptations to the campus lives", Unpublished master's theses, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul, 2007.
- E. Y. Yeum, H. O, Jeon, "Relations of burnout, interpersonal relations, professional self-concept and depression in clinical nurse", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 14(6), pp. 2869-2879, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.6.2869 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.6.2869
- S. L. Lee, "Interpersonal relationship, social support and burnout in hospital nurses", Unpublished master's theses, Kwangju Women's University, Kwangju, 2012.
- S. J. Lee, "Emotional intelligence, interpersonal relationship and nursing performance among clinical nurses", Unpublished master's theses, Ajou University, Suwon, 2013.
- S. J. Hwang, "Cognitive constructions of narcissistic personality: applying constructivist's repertory grid technique", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Catholic University, Seoul, 2014.
- Smith, A., "Cognitive empathy and emotional empathy in human behavior and evolution", Psychological Record, 56(1), pp. 3-21, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03395534
- M. J. Bae, H. I. Cho, "The relationship between covert narcissism, self-esteem, cognitive/affective empathy and interpersonal competence", Korean Journal of Counseling, 15(6), pp. 2417-2435, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15703/kjc.15.6.201412.2417 https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.15.6.201412.2417
- J. S. Ju, "The effects of the communication training program for university students' communication and human relationship", Unpublished master's theses, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, 2006.
- S. J. Kim, H. H. Kim, "Impact of communication competence and empathy abilities on interpersonal relationship abilities among dental hygiene students", The Korean Society of Dental Hygiene Science, 13(3), pp. 304-313, 2013.
- T. W. Lee, et al., "Introduction to nursing", Seoul: HN science, pp. 38-39, 2013.
- Brockner, J., "The effects of self-esteem, success-failure, and self-consciousness on task performance", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 37, pp.235-24, 1979. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2062
- M. H. Kim, "A study on family system, self-esteem and interpersonal relationship of college students", Unpublished master's theses, Hoseo university, Asan, 2004.
- H. I. Lee, "Self-esteem, interpersonal relationship and depression in nursing students", Stress Research, 18(2), pp. 109-118, 2010.
- M. S. Lee, P. K. Chae, "The mediating effects of emotion regulation strategies on the relationship between self-esteem and interpersonal relationship abilities", Cognitive Behavior Therapy in Korea, 12(1), pp. 63-75, 2012.
- J. H. Kim, "A study on the development of egogram scale of transactional analysis theory", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Daegu University, Daegu, 2009.
- S. J. Lee, "The effects of the program of inquiring character type in group counseling on the self-perception and personal relations of college student", Unpublished master's theses, Dong-A University, Busan, 2006.
- A. S. Chyung, T. J. Kim, "A study on transactional analysis group affecting self-state and the self-esteem of the poor child - focus on stroke theory", Transactional Analysis & Psychosocial Therapy, 5(1), pp. 55-80, 2008.
- B. K. Cho, "The development of a group-counselling program based in transactional analysis for enhancing self-esteem and interpersonal relationship of high school students", Unpublished master's theses, Korea National University, Seoul, 2008.
- J. W. Han, "The construction and effects of a self-esteem improving program based on transactional analysis theory for early childhood teachers" Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chung-Ang University, Seoul, 2011.
- J. H. Kim, "Introduction of egogram personality test: K-KSEG test and interpretation", p. 119, Daegu: Korea Ego Gram Institute, 2010.
- Rosenberg, M., "Society and adolescent self-image". Prinston. NJ: Prinston University Press, 1965.
- Y. H. Lee, "Relations between attributional style, life events, event attribution, hopelessness and depression", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul, 1993.
- B. S. Jeon, "The relationship between empathy and altruistic behavior", Unpublished master's theses, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, 2003.
- H. D. Lee, S. M. Moon, "The effect of group counseling program for interpersonal relationship training", Gyeongsang National University Research, 19, pp. 195-203, 1980.
- E. J. Jeong, K. E. Chung, "A study on sociality.career plan.volunteer activity satisfaction according to ego states in undergraduate volunteers", Youth Culture Publishes Forum, 41, pp. 160-182, 2014.
- M. Y. Hyun, E. O. Park, "The effect of interpersonal relationships and communication curriculum", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 14(1), 5-11, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2008.14.1.005 https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2008.14.1.005
- The Influence of Ego State and Interpersonal Skill among Nursing Students vol.13, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.12.269