- Volume 13 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study of the Effects of Job Burnout on Organizational Effectiveness and Turnover Intention
직무소진이 조직유효성과 이직의도에 미치는 영향에 대한 연구
- Kwon, Yong-Man (Dept. of Business Administration, Namseoul University)
- 권용만 (남서울대학교 경영학과)
- Received : 2015.08.10
- Accepted : 2015.10.20
- Published : 2015.10.28
This study attempted to investigate an efficient human resources management plan by enhancing organizational performance and reducing the factors which influence turnover intention after analyzing the effects of job burnout on organizational effectiveness and turnover intention. To test a research model, after explaining the purpose of the study to them at work, data were obtained through a standardized questionnaire survey. To figure out the effects of job burnout on organizational effectiveness and turnover intention, causality was analyzed using the Structural Equation Model (SEM). According to hypothesis testing, a total of five hypotheses were chosen, and the following results were obtained: Job burnout had a significant effect on organizational commitment (-0.456), job satisfaction (-0.488) and turnover intention (0.501). In terms of relations between organizational effectiveness and turnover intention, organizational commitment (-0.350) and job satisfaction (-0.199) decreased turnover intention. Therefore, it is important to discover and analyze these obstacles which hinder employees from being absorbed in their work with attachment.
Supported by : 남서울대학교
- Maslach, C. & Jackson, S., "The measurement of experienced burnout", Journal of Occupation Behavior, Vol. 2:, pp.91-113. 1981.
- Beehr, R. A. & R. S. hagat, "Human Stress and Cognition in Organizations", New York : John Wiley & Sons, p. 109. 1985.
- Maslach, C. & Jackson, S., "The role of sex and family variables in burnout", Sex Roles, Vol. 12, pp.837-851. 1985. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00287876
- Mowday, R. T., Steers, R. M. & Porters, L. W., "The Measurement of Organizational Commitment", Journal of Vacational Behavior, Vol. 14, pp.224-247. 1979. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8791(79)90072-1
- Ivancevich J, Matteson M., "Organizational behavior and management", Irwin ; 3: pp.244-260. 1993.
- Chung, J. G. & et al, "A Study on the Relationship between Job Characteristics and Job Satisfaction by Employment Types". Journal of Digital Convergence, v.8, no.4, pp.83-95, 2010.
- Meyer. J. P. & Allen N. J., "Affective and continuance commitment to the organization : Evaluation of measures and analysis of concurrent and time-lagged relations", Journal of Applied Psychology, vol.88. 1990.
- Meyer. J. P. & N. J. Allen. & C. A. Smith., "The Commitment to Organization and Occupations". Journal of Applied Psychology. 78(4), pp.538-551.(1991). https://doi.org/10.1037//0021-9010.78.4.538
- Jones, E., Chonko, L., Rangarajan, D., Roberts, J. "The role of overload on job attitudes, turnover intentions, and salesperson performance". Journal of Business Research, 60(7), pp.663-671. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2007.02.014
- House, J. S. & Rizzo, A., "Work Stress and social support". Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA. 1981.
- Angel, H. I & Perry, J. L, "An empirical assessment of organizational commitment and organizational effectiveness", Administrative Science Quaterly, pp.1-14. 1981.
- Lee, H. Y., Research Methodology, Chungram, 2012.
- Lee, H. Y., Yearbook of labor statistics. 2013,
- Kwon Y. M., "The Study of Effects on Compensation Type in Incentives on Organizational Effectiveness on Comparison on Korea Firms, Chinese Firmss with Japanese Firms", Journal of CEO and Management Studies, Vol. 16, pp.83-101. 2013.
- Kwon Y. M. & Kim J. S., "Effect of the Communication Skill of Organizational on Their Job Performance", The Korea Society of Digital Policy and Management, vol. 7, no. 4, 2009.