- Volume 13 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Phenomenological Study on Convergence Horticulture Activity Experience of Mother of Child with Disability
장애부모의 융복합 원예활동 경험에 대한 현상학적 연구
- Kang, Soo-Jung (Dept. of Special Education, Dankook University) ;
- Jeong, Yeon-Soo (Dept. of Graduate School of Special Education, Dankook University)
- Received : 2015.08.12
- Accepted : 2015.10.20
- Published : 2015.10.28
This study aimed to explore process of convergence life experience by horticulture activity of mother of child with disability through qualitative research. The data collection consisted of interview data of two meetings with four participants and transcribed interview data. The collected data analyzed by coding process of conceptualization-subtopic theme-core theme. The result through the phenomenological research of this study appeared as start of connection, care and empathy, understanding about living things, healing, sharing, In conclusion, this study could search the process of relationship building with herself and the world behind her, even though the process of convergence life experience of mother of child with disability started with little connection, as they became to understand the meaning of relationship through care and empathy and sharing.
- H. I. Jeon, "The effects of a parent-to-parent program on parenting stress, parental efficacy, and family empowerment in mothers of children with disabilities". PhD. Diss. Ewha Womans University, 2006.
- K. Y. Kim, Y. S. Lee, S. S. Kim, "A Path Analysis of Influence of Mothers' Home Environment, Parenting Stress and Parenting Core Competency on the Life Quality of Mother Raising Chid with Disabilities", Korean Journal of Special Education, Vol. 46, No. 3, pp.191-219, 2011.
- A. K. Choi, " A Study on the Perception of Parents of Young Children with Disabilities upon Parenting Support Program for Parent Empowerment", Journal of Future Early Childhood Education, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp.263-281, 2012.
- J. S. Park, B. S. Seo, E. R. Kim, "The Study on Parental Competence of Mothers of Children with Disabilities", Special Education Research, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp.179-202, 2013. https://doi.org/10.18541/ser.2013.10.12.3.179
- S. E. Wisebern, " Parents' reactions after the birth of a develop mentally disabled child", American Journal of Mental Deficiency. 84(4):345-351, 1980,
- J. Sempik, Green care mental health: Gardening and farming as health and social care. Mental Health and Social Inclusion. pp. 15-18, 2010.
- R. Kaplan, "The restorative environment: nature and human experience", Environment and Behavior January, 23(1) pp.3-26, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1177/0013916591231001
- D. Relf, "The Role of horticulture in human well-being and social development", Timber press, Ore. USA, 1992.
- E. H. Lee, H. R. Gwak, H. S. Kim, "Theory and Practice of horticultural theraphy", Seoul: Seoul woman University press, 2002.
- G. C. Son, S. S. Park, H. M. Boo, G. Y. Bae, G. Y. Baek, S. H. Lee, M. G. Heo, "Horticultural theraphy", Seoul: Seowon press, 1997.
- D. Relf, "Volunteers:Implementtion therapeutic horticulture or supporting horticultural therapy", Horticutural therapthy international symposium text, pp.23-44, 2006.
- J. G. Yoo, "Ecological view of the world and bioethics through buddhistic thinking", Research of Life, 4, pp.300-321, 2001.
- E. W. Eisner, "The enlightened eye: Qualitatitive inquiry and the enhance-ment of educational practice", New York: Macmillan, 1991.
- J. E. Yang, "A Study of Expressing Relationship in a Book by Using Holes as an Interactive Communication Tool", Master. Diss, Ewha Womans University, 2012.
- B. J. Park, "Empathy and Philosophical Counselling", Philosophy Includes, 36, pp.9-40, 2014.
- B. R. Park, "A Study of pictorial expression of eastern view of nature", Master. Diss, Sookmyung Womans University, 2013.
- E. W. Jang, "Life Expression by Empathy with Nature", Master. Diss, Dondeog Womans University, 2005.
- M. D. Son, "The meaning of [Cheonrokjib] from view of point of Healing", Language and literature of Korean, Vol, 65, pp. 669-705, 2013.
- D. H. Lim, "Effects of Healing Dance on the Frail Elderly CVA Patients", Master. Diss, Ewha Womans University, 2008.
- S. B. Lee, S. Y. Ryu, W. G. Song, "A Relation between Travel Experience and Psychological Healing". Tourism Research, 38(1), pp.77-97, 2013.
- B. J. Park, "Sympathy and Philosophical Counseling in the light of Max Scheler's Concept of Sympathy", Seogang Journal of Philosophy, 36, pp.9-40, 2014. https://doi.org/10.17325/sgjp.2014.36..9
- M. N. Jang, "Action Research on the Sharing Program as Moral Education for the Elementary Students", Mas Diss. Chinju University, 2006.
- J. M, Pyo, "I and You", Seoul: Munye Press, 1996.