- Volume 20 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The Relationship Between the Perception of Stress for care and the Elderly Abuse
- Kim, Kyung-Woo (Dept. of Addiction Rehabilitation Social Welfare, Eulji University)
- Received : 2015.10.13
- Accepted : 2015.11.14
- Published : 2015.11.30
The study is to clarify the relationship among the positive and negative recognition of stress and physical and psychological abuse and neglect aiming at getting the material. They are to prevent elder abuse at the main care worker for frail and dementia elderly. The degree of fitness to the data where positive and negative recognition of main care worker was located as dependent variable. The casual model in which main care worker was located as independent variable. The degree of fitness of casual model was GFI=0.772, CFI=0.795, RESEA=0.067. Among path coefficient included in the previous model, three of figures going toward three of abuse to the elder were statistically significant.
- Araki Chineko, "Elder Abuse in Domestic Setting Survey," Human Welfare Review, Vol.16.1, No.1, pp.67-88, 2011.
- C. A.Cohen, D.P. Shulman,"Positive aspects in caregiving An overlooked variable in research," Canadian Journal on Aging, Vol.13, No.4, pp. 370-388, 2013.
- S. S. Herr, & G.Weber, "Aging, rights, and quality of life," Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co. pp.118-206, 2012.
- M. P. Lawton, M.Moss, & M.H.Kleben, "Measuring caregiving appraisal," Journal of Gerontology, Vol.44, pp.60-75, 2010.
- R. A. Pruchno, "The effect of help pattern on the mental health of spouse caregivers," Research on Aging, Vol.12, pp.470-485, 2010.
- K. Pillerner, & R. Bachman-Prehn, "Helping and Hunting," Research on Aging Vol.13, No.1, pp.75-87, 2010.
- A. J. Gerfein,, & W. R. Herzog, "Robust aging among the young-old, old-old and oldest old," Journal of Gerontology, Vol.52, No.7, pp. 77-86, 2012.
- S. Orbell, Hopkins N. & B.J Gillies. "Measuring the Impact of Informal Caring," Journal of Community and Applied Social Psychology, Vol.16, No3, pp.150-170, 2013.
- J. Humpreys, "Research in Sheltered Battered Women," Issues in Mental Health Nursing, Vol.24, pp.163-174, 2013.
- T. J. Owens, "Self and identity, Handbook of social psychology," NY: Kluwer Academic/ Plemum Publishers. pp. 215-231, 2012.
- K. O. Rhee, & M.J. Lee, "A study on caregiving burden among family caregivers of impaired elderly," Journal of Korea Gerontological Society, Vol.20, No2, pp.215-231, 2012.
- Lazarus and R. S. Lazarus & S. Folkman, Stress, coping, and adaptation. New York: Springer, pp.34-42, 2007.