- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Comparison on Influencing Factors on Consciousness of Biomedical Ethics in Nursing Students and General Students
간호대학생과 일반대학생의 생명의료윤리의식 영향요인 비교
- Lee, Keum Jae (Dept. of Nursing, Gachon University) ;
- Lee, Eliza (Dept. of Nursing, Seoil University) ;
- Park, Yeon-Suk (Dept. of Nursing, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2016.11.01
- Accepted : 2016.12.20
- Published : 2016.12.28
This study was done to compare consciousness of biomedical ethics in nursing and general students. Participants were 382 nursing and general students at a college in S city. Mean score of consciousness of biomedical ethics(range:1~4) in nursing students was 3.04 and general students, 3.12. Thus, mean score of consciousness of biomedical ethics of two group were above the average and general students significantly higher than nursing students. Life-respect consciousness, perceived ethical values in nursing students were shown as significant predictors on consciousness of biomedical ethics and life-respect consciousness, sexual attitude, value regarding child rearing in general students. The most influential predictor of two groups was life-respect consciousness. To establish desirable biomedical ethics of nursing students, it is necessary that subjects related to biomedical ethics should be mandatory, and it is necessary to raise the proportion of credit for the curriculum.
Supported by : 가천대학교
- K. H. Hahm, and I. Lee, "Biomedical ethics policy in Korea: characteristics and historical development." Journal of Korean Medical Sciences, Vol. 27, pp. S76-S81, 2012. https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2012.27.S.S76
- S. Gorovitz, "Bioethics and social responsibility." The Monist, Vol. 60, No. 1, pp. 3-15, 1977. https://doi.org/10.5840/monist197760128
- S. Y. Hong, "Bioethics and anthropology." The Korean Society for Medical Ethics, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 217-231, 2004.
- Y. S. Ko, "Category and solution plan of bioethics facing in medical field." The Korean Journal of Medicine, Vol. 79, S509, 2010.
- B. H. Kong, "Biomedical ethics and Nursing." The chung-Ang Journal of Nursing, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 79-88, 2001.
- J. H. Park, Y. S. Kim, & W. O. Kim, "The present status and future directions of nursing ethics education." The Korean Society for Medical Ethics, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 251-260, 2009.
- A. Akabayashi and B. T. Slingsby, "Biomedical ethics in Japan: the second stage." Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 261-264, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0963180103123079
- R. S. Gorgulu and L. Dinc, "Ethics in Turkish nursing education programs." Nursing Ethics, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 741-752, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1177/0969733007082114
- Y. Kwon, "Factors affecting the consciousness of biomedical ethics of the nursing students." Journal of Korean Academy of Public Health Nursing, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 262-272, 2009.
- H. S. Jeon, "Consciousness of biomedical ethics in nursing students and non-nursing students." Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 401-410, 2011.
- M. K. Cho, "A comparative study on the consciousness of bio-medical ethics of nursing and non-nursing students." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 311-320, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.311
- H. Y. Ahn, B. S. Cho, S. H. Choi, W. Choi, & Y. M. Go, "Bioethical perception between nursing students of medical students." The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 98-107, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2008.14.1.098
- Wha Young Choi, "Awareness of biomedical ethics and attitudes regarding human tissue donation and transplantation of nursing students." master's thesis, p.1-27 Kyungpook National University, 2012.
- M. Lim, C. Park, "Factors affecting the consciousness of biomedical ethics of nursing students." Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 15, No. 7, pp. 4423-4431, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.7.4423
- G. S. Jeong, "The effect of gender, ethical values and characteristics of biomedical ethics on the consciousness of biomedical ethics on nursing students in one nursing college." Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 11, pp. 5672-5681, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.11.5672
- S. H. Lee, Y. Y. Kim, S. H. Ha, S. K. Oh, J. I. Lee, "A study on the life-respect consciousness of adolescent." Samsung Life Public Welfare Foundation Social Mental Health Institute. pp. 1-134, 2004.
- Soon Gi Shin, "Sexual knowledge, life protection consciousness and bioethical consciousness of adolescents." master's thesis, p.1-40, Ajou University, 2006.
- Gyu Sook Lee, "A comparative study on the consciousness of bio-medical ethics of health care professionals and non health care professionals." master's thesis, p.1-62, KyungHee University, 2002.
- Min Sun Nam, "The effects of suicide preventive program for adolescent of their life-esteem, attitude toward suicide and suicidal risk." master's thesis, p.1-56, Ewha Womans University, 2011.
- H. J. Jong, H. J. Moon, "A study of ethical sense of value and discord of the clinical nurse." Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 349-371, 1995.
- Bo Ram Choi, "A study on the biomedical ethics consciousness of the paramedic students." master's thesis, p.1-71, Kongju National University, 2010.
- Seol-Hee Kim, "A study on the primary school teachers' attitude and behavior about the sex education - Tae Jeon Area -". master's thesis, p.1-74, Chungnam National University, 1991.
- Ji-Won Moon, "A study on the level of sexual knowledge among various university groups for sex education program." master's thesis, p.1-59, Ewha Womans University, 1999.
- Sunmin Ho, "Sexual knowledge, attitude, and sexual behavior of the university students." master's thesis, p.1-46, Hanyang University, 2009.
- Eun Ju Heo, "A study on relationship between psychological - social maturity variables and sexual attitude, knowledge in college students." Ph.D. dissertation, p. 1-140, Inha University, 2004.
- Woo Hyun Park, "The study on the influencing factors of birth will." master's thesis, p.1-111, Chosun University, 2011.
- S. Park, E. J. Oh, K. N. Park, H. A. Mun, "A study on policy tasks to deal with low fertility and aging society issues : A Study on future generation youth's family and employment culture", Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs(cooperative study 2006-01-4). Seoul, Korea, 2006.
- M. Moon, A. Jaung, "Correlation between the nursing practice and consciousness of biomedical ethics of nursing students." The Korean Bioethics Association, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 49-62, 2012.
- S. H. Lee, S. Y. Kim, J. A. Kim, "Ethical value of nursing students." The Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 145-155, 2007.
- M. S. Yoo, K. C. Shon, "Effects of nursing ethics education on biomedical ethics awareness, moral sensitivity and moral judgment of nursing students." Journal of the Korean Bioethics Association, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 61-76, 2011.
- J. S. Lee, G. E. Lee, "Knowledge, attitudes, experiences in sex and needs for sex education of nursing students and non-nursing students." The Journal of the Korean Society of School Health, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 45-55, 2003.
- J. S. Park, B. M. Kim, Y. E. Gwan, "Influence of psycho-social maturity and self-efficacy for contraceptive on sexual assertiveness of male university students." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 9, pp. 461-470, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.461
- M. Y. Kim, Y. Song, "University students' values on marriage, gender role, and children." The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 303-311. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.2.303
- Comparative Study of Nursing Students Consciousness of Biomedical Ethics and Attitudes toward Human Tissue Donation and Transplantation According to Participation in Anatomy Camp Program vol.30, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.11637/kjpa.2017.30.3.99