- Volume 24 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of Non-precision Approach Procedures Checklist
비정밀접근절차 체크리스트 개발연구
- 길호성 (한국항공대학교 대학원 항공운항관리학과) ;
- 전제형 (한국항공대학교 대학원 항공운항관리학과) ;
- 김현수 (초당대학교 항공운항학과) ;
- 송병흠 (한국항공대학교 대학원 항공운항관리학과)
- Received : 2016.04.12
- Accepted : 2016.09.28
- Published : 2016.09.30
After a thorough investigation of aviation accidents involving Korean national carriers both inside and outside of Korea and also after reviewing catastrophic events involving foreign carriers in Korea, we found numerous accidents that caused fatalities and serious personal injuries. Although the aircrafts involved were found to have no specific defects, many of the accidents were caused by the pilot's misjudgement according to previous studies. Our research is to find an new procedure to help the prevention of similar accidents by focusing particularly on CFIT accidents during the procedural operations of Non Precision Approach, Circling Approach and Visual Approach. Therefore, we emphasize the significance of this research on the development of the new checklist that will help achieve a safe and effective procedural operation for non precision approaches.
- Maeng-Sun Kim . (2005). A Study on the Systemic Improvement of Civil Aviation Safety. Journal of Aviation Development of Korea, (2), 75-103.
- ICAO, (2015). Safety Report, Appendix 1, 21-24
- Ho-Seong Gil, Je-Hyung Jeon, Byung-Heum Song.(2015). Non Precision Approach Procedures Accident Case Studies. Fall Conference of the Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics , 257-260.
- ICAO, Annex (10). Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPS).
- Ministry of Transportation, (2015). Flight procedures based on business, Chapter 1, Section 2.2
- FAA, (2015). Instrument Procedures Handbook. 8083-16A. chapter 4, 57-75
- Ministry of Transportation, (2015). Flight procedures based on business. 2, Section 5.1.
- ICAO, Annex(6). International General Aviation
- FAA(2016). FAR/AIM2016, p7
- ICAO, (2006) Aircraft Operation, Doc 8168 ops/611 Volume1.
- Ja-Young Kang, YM Kim. (2004). Application of GNSS Non-Precision and Precision Approaches to a Circle-to-Land Approach Airport. Journal of the Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics, 12(3), 83
- Han-Mo Yang, Hyon-Sam Shin. (2006). An Empirical case Study on the Improvement of Surveillance Systems in performing Circling Approach at the airport. Journal of the Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics, 14(4), 111.
- IATA, (2015). Safety Fact Sheet-Result as, of 31 December, 1-9, 25-26.
- IATA, (2014). Annual-Reviewr, 20.
- Soon-Cheol Byeon, Byung-Heum Song, Se-Hoon Lim, (2008). A Study on Prevention as result of Controlled-Flight-Into-Terrain Accident - Focusing on Guam accident, Mokpo accident, Gimhae accident. ournal of the Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics, 16(1), 24
- ICAO, (1984). 9422-AN/923. Accident Prevention Manual.
- ICAO, (2012). Doc 9859 Safety Management Manual.
- Mateou, C. A., & Michaelides-Mateou, S. (2012). Flying in the Face of Criminalization: The Safety Implications of Prosecuting Aviation Professionals for Accidents, Ashgate Publishing, Ltd..
- Ministry of Transportation(1993). Report of Asiana Airlines B737 aircraft accident investigation
- NTSB, (2000). Aircraft Accident Report, AAR-00/01 PB00-910401.
- Seoul Administrative Court(2002). Guhab 530
- Aviation Accident Investigation Board, (2005). Aircraft Accident Investigation Final Report, KAIB/AAR F0201
- JTSB, (2008). Aircraft Serious Investigation Report: korea Air Lines Co. Ltd, Tokyo, Japan, AI2008-1.
- NTSB, (2013). Aircraft Accident Report, AAR-14/01 PB2014-105984.
- Saaty, L. (1983). Priority setting in complex problems. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 30(3), 140-145.