- Volume 24 Issue 1
This paper reviews and summarizes overall fatigue substantiation method of aircraft. The fatigue substantiation method has been studied using the related regulation and examples of industry application. And the comparisons of fatigue substantiation procedure between safe-life and damage tolerance design have been performed. Fatigue substantiation methods have wide variability depend on design methodology and type of aircraft such as fixed wing and rotorcraft. In this study, fatigue substantiation methodologies have been reviewed using analysis and test methods.
Grant : 주요사업
Supported by : 한국항공우주연구원
- Schijve, J., "Fatigue damage in aircraft structures, not wanted, but tolerated?", International Journal of Fatigue, Vol. 31, pp. 998-1011, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfatigue.2008.05.016
- 송지호, "변동하중하의 피로파괴,"대한기계공학회지, 제 30권, 제2호, 1990
- FAR Part-25, Airworthiness standards: Transport category airplanes
- AC 25.571, Damage tolerance and fatigue evaluation of structure
- MIL-STD-1530A, Aircraft structural integrity program, Airplanes requirements
- Hoffman M. E, 2000, Hoffman P. C., "Corrosion and fatigue research - structural issues and relevance to naval aviation," International Journal of Fatigue, Vol. 23, pp. 1-10, 2001.
- AC 23-13A, Fatigue, fail-safe, and damage tolerance evaluation of metallic structure for part 23 airplanes
- MIL_A-8866, Airplane Strength and Rigidity Ground Test
- MMPDS-04, Metallic Material Design Data Acceptable to Government Procuring or Certification Agencies
- Ralphi, I. S., Ali, F., Robert, R. S. and Henry, O. F. "Metal Fatigue in Engineering,' John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2001.
- DEF STAN 00-970, Part 1 Section 3, Leaflet 35, Fatigue, Safe-life substantiation
- 이무형, 박일경, 김성준, 안석민, "소형 항공기 엔진 마운트 구조물의 피로 건전성 평가," 한국항공운항학회지, 제 19권 제 4호, pp. 58-66, 2011.
- Walker, E. K., "The effect of stress ratio during crack propagation and fatigue for 2024-T3 and 7075-T6", ASTM-STP, pp. 462, 1970.
- Willenborg, J., Engle, R. M. and Woof, H. A., "A crack growth retardation model using an effective stress concept," AFFDL-TM-71-1-FBR, 1971.
- AC 20-107B, Composite aircraft structure
- MIL-HDBK-17, Composite materials handbook
- FAR Part-27, Airworthiness standards: Normal category rotorcraft
- FAR Part-29, Airworthiness standards: Transport category rotorcraft
- AC-27-1B, Certification of normal category rotorcraft
- AC-29-2C, Certification of transport category rotorcraft
- Kee, Y. J., Kim, S. H., Lee, H. C., Han, J. H. and Jeoung, J. K.,"Application of Flaw Tolerance Methodologies to Helicopter Rotor Blade Fatigue Life Evaluation," KSAS Spring Conference, pp. 169-174, 2011.
- Helicopter fatigue design guide, Advisory group for aerospace research and development, NATO, AGARDograph AGARD-AG-292, November 1983.