- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of the Seismic Performance for Domestic URM Buildings Using Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis
비선형 동적해석을 통한 국내 비보강 조적조 건축물의 내진성능 평가
- Received : 2016.01.18
- Accepted : 2016.04.04
- Published : 2016.05.01
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the seismic performance of domestic unreinforced masonry(URM) buildings using nonlinear dynamic analysis. For that, the nonlinear hysteresis models suggested in the previous research were validated for the dynamic analysis. The results of the shaking table test were compared with the dynamic analysis results using the suggested nonlinear hysteresis models. As a result, the nonlinear hysteresis models were expected to be applicable to the dynamic analysis of URM buildings. Based on the models, the dynamic analysis of domestic URM buildings varying the number of stories and opening ratio was carried out. The analysis results showed that most of the domestic URM buildings were very vulnerable to design earthquake in Korea.
Supported by : 부산대학교
- Architectural Institute of Korea (2009), Korean Building Code and Commentary, Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (in Korean).
- Baek, E. L., Kim, J. H., Lee, S. H., Oh, S. H. (2014), Nonlinear Analysis Model Considering Failure Mode of Unreinforced Masonry Wall, Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 18(4), 33-40 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2014.18.4.033
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (1997), NEHRP Guidelines for the Seismic Rehabilitation of Buildings, Washington, D.C..
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (2000), Prestandard and Commentary for the Seismic Rehabilitation of Buildings, American Society of Civil Engineers(ASCE).
- Heo, J. S., Lee, S. H. (2009), Analytical Study on the Seismic Capccity for Existing Masonry Building in Korea, Journal of The Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 13(6), 75-87 (in Korean).
- Lee, Y. J., Lee, J. H., Oh, S. H., Lee, S. H. (2011), Shaking Table Test of a 2-Story Masonry Building for Evaluation the Seismic Performance, Proceedings of Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, Asan 2, 46-46 (in Korean).
- Li, K. (2009), CANNY Manual.
- National Disaster Management Institute (2008), Development of the Seismic Fragility Function for Unreinforced Masonry Buildings, National Disaster Management Institute, Seoul (in Korean).
- National Disaster Management Institute (2009), Study on Seismic Retrofitting Techniques for Unreinforced Masonry Buildings, National Disaster Management Institute, Seoul (in Korean).
- Yi, W. H., Lee, J. H., Oh, S. H., Yang, W. J., Kang, D. E. (2005), A Study on Evaluation of Shear Capacity of Unreinforced Masonry Wall, Journal of the Architectural institute of Korea Structure & Construction, 21(10), 3-10(in Korean).