- Volume 40 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Wheel Wear Analysis of Railway Vehicle on a Curved Section
곡선 구간에서 철도 차량 휠의 마모 특성 해석
- Kang, Juseok (Dept. of Railway Vehicle System Engineering, Korea Nat'l Univ. of Transportation)
- 강주석 (한국교통대학교 철도차량시스템공학과)
- Received : 2015.09.14
- Accepted : 2016.04.14
- Published : 2016.06.01
The wheel wear of a railway vehicle is mainly generated when maneuvering on a curved track. The change in the wheel profile affects the dynamic stability of the vehicle. In this analysis, the wheel wear volume was calculated while changing the velocity and radius of the curve to analyze the wear characteristics of a wheel at a curved section. The wear index was calculated from a vehicle dynamic analysis based on a multibody dynamics analysis and wear volume from a wear model by British Rail Research. The wear volume at a radius of 300 m is dominant compared with other radii. The wear volume was calculated by assigning different coefficients of friction to the tread and flange of the wheel to investigate the effect of lubrication on the wear characteristics. The effect of the improvement by lubrication is calculated by varying the radius of the track, and is assessed on an actual urban railway section.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Pearce, T. G. and Sherratt, N. D., 1991, "Prediction of Wheel Profile Wear," Wear, Vol. 144, pp. 343-351. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1648(91)90025-P
- Braghin, F., Lewis, R., Dwyer-Joyce, R. S. and Bruni, R. S., 2006, "A Mathematical Model to Predict Railway Wheel Profile Evolution Due to Wear," Wear Vol. 261, pp. 1253-1264. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2006.03.025
- Pombo, J., Ambrosio, J., Pereira, M., Lewis, R., Dwyer-Joyce, R., Ariaudo, C. and Kuka, N., 2010, "A study on Wear Evaluation of Railway Wheels Based on Multi-body Dynamics and Wear Computation," Multibody System Dynamics, Vol. 24, pp. 347-366. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11044-010-9217-8
- Malvezzi, M., Meli, E. and Rindi, A., 2012, "Development and Validation of a Wear Model for the Analysis of the Wheel Profile Evolution in Railway Vehicles," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 50, No. 11, pp. 1707 -1734. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423114.2012.695021
- Ignesti, M., Malvezzi, M., Marini, L., Meli, E. and Rindia, A., 2012, "Development of a Wear Model for the Prediction of Wheel and Rail Profile Evolution in Railway Systems," Wear, pp. 284-285 .
- Pombo, J., Ambrosio, J., Pereira, M., Lewis, R., Dwyer-Joyce, R., Ariaudo, C. and Kuka, N., 2011, "Development of a Wear Prediction Tool for Steel Railway Wheels Using Three Alternative Wear Functions," Wear, Vol. 271, pp. 238-245. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2010.10.072
- Polach, O., 1999, "A Fast Wheel-rail Forces Calculation Computer Code," Vehicle System Dynamics Suppl. Vol. 33, pp. 728-739.
- Koo, J. S. and Oh, H. S., 2013, "Study of Influence of Wheel Unloading on Derailment Coefficient of Rolling Stock", Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 37, No. 2, pp. 177-185. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.2.177
- Simon, I., 2006, Handbook of Railway Vehicle Dynamics, CRC Press, New York.
- Richard, C. D., 2003, CRC Handbook of Engineering Tables, CRC Press, New York.
- Hong, D. K, Ahn, C. W, Han, G. J. and Gang, H. U, 2011, "Analysis of Curve Squeal Noise for Busan Metro Line 3", J. of the Korean Society for Precision Eng., Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 427-435.
- Simulation and measurement study of metro wheel wear based on the Archard model pp.0036-8792, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1108/ILT-01-2018-0045