- Volume 15 Issue 3
This paper proposes a new image enhancement method for an infrared thermal image. The proposed method uses both Laplacian and Prewitt edge detectors. Without a visible light, it uses an infrared image for the edge detection. The method subtracts contour images from the infrared thermal image. It results black contours of objects in the infrared thermal image. That makes the objects in the infrared thermal image distinguished clearly. The proposed method is implemented using C language in an embedded Linux system for a high-speed real-time image processing. Experiments were conducted by using various infrared thermal images. The results show that the proposed method is successful for image enhancement of an infrared thermal image.
Supported by : 상명대학교
- Ultimate Infrared Handbook for R&D Professionals, FLIR Systems, (2016).
- Joo-Hyun Baek, "Advanced image processing technology for thermal imaging cameras," The Magazine of the Society of Air-Conditioning and Refrigerating Engineers of Korea, Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 64-67, (2016).
- Choong Ho Shin, "The Study of Edge Extract Methods Using Improved Detect Mask," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 191-199, (2009).
- Chang-Young Lee, Nam-Ho Kim, "A Study on the Edge Detection using Region Segmentation of the Mask," The Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 718-723, (2013). https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2013.17.3.718
- Kazuhide Okada, "Image Improvement using Prewitt and Dynamic Laplacian," International Technical Conference on Circuits Systems, Computers and Communications, pp. 1470-1473, (2009).
- Sung-Hwan Jeong, Joon-Whoan Lee, "Measurement of the Traffic Congestion using Difference of Images in Intersection," The Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea: 2008 Fall Conference, pp. 801-802, (2008).
- Minchul Jung, "Infrared Image Enhancement using a Histogram Partition Stretching and Shrinking Method," Journal of the Semiconductor & Display Technology, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 50-55, (2015).