- Volume 65 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study of Medication Adherence Using Textile Proximity Sensor
섬유 근접센서를 이용한 복약 여부 평가에 관한 연구
- Ho, Jong Gab (Dept. of Medical IT Engineering, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Wang, Changwon (Dept. of Medical IT Engineering, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Min, Se Dong (Dept. of Medical IT Engineering, Soonchunhyang University)
- Received : 2016.06.08
- Accepted : 2016.06.28
- Published : 2016.07.01
The purpose of this study is to evaluate whether to take a medicine based on a measuring data using textile proximity sensor. We developed a proximity sensor of ring type using conductive textile, and acquired a data in accordance with the quantity of each pills. To evaluate our approach, we designed an experimental protocol that is counting pills subtracting the one which contains range of 0 T(Tablet, 4,100mg) from 20 T. And, The experiments were performed a nine times in the same way. In order to remove a noise and smoothen data, data preprocessing were performed using resampling method and moving average filter which has ten points. Then, we calculated a linear trend line equation, and analyzed a correlation between pill quantity and trend line equation. As a results, correlation coefficient was shown at 0.833 through using a Spearman's correlation method and we could be determined that data was continuos decreases when take a medicine.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Statistics Korea, http://www.index.go.kr/potal/main/EachDtlPageDetail.do?idx_cd=2927
- Kyung Hyun Suh. Health and quality of Life for Korean people in ageing society. THE KOREAN JOURNAL OF CULTURE AND SOCIAL ISSUES, 12(5), 133-147.
- Chang, Wen-Wei, et al. "A smart medication system using wireless sensor network technologies." Sensors and Actuators A: Physical 172.1 (2011): 315-321. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sna.2011.03.022
- Kim, Beom-Joon. "Developing a smart pillbox to improve the medication adherence of the patients requiring a long-term administration." The Journal of the Korea institute of electronic communication sciences 8.4 (2013): 611-617. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2013.8.4.611
- Abbey, Brianna, et al. "A remotely programmable smart pillbox for enhancing medication adherence." Computer-Based Medical Systems (CBMS), 2012 25th International Symposium on. IEEE, 2012.
- Salgia, Aakash Sunil, K. Ganesan, and Ashwin Raghunath. "Smart Pill Box." Indian Journal of Science and Technology 8.S2 (2015): 189-194.
- Morales, Suarez-Varela MT. "Study on the use of a smart pillbox to improve treatment compliance]." Atencion Primaria/Sociedad Espanola de Medicina de Familia y Comunitaria 41.4 (2009): 185-191. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aprim.2008.07.003
- Lee, Matthew L., and Anind K. Dey. "Reflecting on pills and phone use: supporting awareness of functional abilities for older adults." Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. ACM, 2011.
- Meyer, Jan, Paul Lukowicz, and Gerhard Troster. "Textile pressure sensor for muscle activity and motion detection." Wearable Computers, 10th IEEE International Symposium on, 2006.
- Holleczek, Thomas, et al. "Textile pressure sensors for sports applications." Sensors IEEE, 2010.
- Enokibori, Yu, and Kenji Mase. "Human joint angle estimation with an e-textile sensor." Proceedings of the 2014 ACM International Symposium on Wearable Computers. ACM, 2014.
- Shu, Lin, et al. "In-shoe plantar pressure measurement and analysis system based on fabric pressure sensing array." IEEE Transactions on information technology in biomedicine 14.3 (2010): 767-775. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITB.2009.2038904
- Se-Dong Min, Young-Hyun Yun, Chung-Keun Lee, Hang-Sik Shin, Ha-Kyung Cho, Seon-Cheol Hwang, Myoung-Ho Lee. "Respiration Measurement System using Textile Capacitive Pressure Sensor." THE TRANSACTION OF THE KOREAN INSTITUTE OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS P, 59.1 (2010.3): 58-63.
- Jia, Ning. "ADI Capacitance-to-Digital Converter Technology in Healthcare Applications." Analog Dialogue 46.2 (2012).
- Eren, Halit, and Lucas D. Sandor. "Fringe-effect capacitive proximity sensors for tamper proof enclosures." Sensors for Industry Conference IEEE, 2005.