- Volume 16 Issue 3
Development of the Reliability Index for Improving the Reliability of the Manufacturing Equipment
제조업 장비의 신뢰성 향상을 위한 신뢰성지수 개발
- Yu, Sangwoo (Korea Testing Laboratory) ;
- Park, Jungwon (Korea Testing Laboratory) ;
- Kim, Min (Korea Testing Laboratory) ;
- Hong, Jungpyo (Korea Testing Laboratory) ;
- Oh, Geuntae (University of Suwon) ;
- Na, Yoonkyoon (University of Suwon)
- Received : 2016.08.31
- Accepted : 2016.09.26
- Published : 2016.09.25
Purpose: The purpose of this study is to measure the reliability of complex equipment. Reliability of product is one of the most important factor to achieve competitiveness in the market. While there were many researches for assessing the reliability on components and modules, research on quantitative assessment tool for equipment with many component was little because of equipment's complexity. Methods: In this article, we developed index to assess reliability management system by using IEC 60300 and Reliability Management Tool-kit. With MIR and BARS, we developed reliability index clauses relevant to reliability activities and found weight factor for each clause by survey on experts. Results: The results of this study were as follows; reliability index that can assess both management side and technology side of the company was developed. Conclusion: Using this index, we assessed the reliability of a manufacturing equipment and found out the current reliability level of the manufacturing equipment, and derived improvement points.
- SEMI (2014). "SEMI 2015 year-end equipment forecast by market region".
- Brombacher, A. C. (1999). "Maturity index on reliability: covering non-technical aspects of IEC 61508 reliability certification". Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Vol. 66, No. 2, pp. 109-120. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0951-8320(99)00027-7
- Sander, P. C. and Brombacher, A. C. (1999). "MIR: The use of reliability information flows as a maturity index for quality management". Quality and Reliability Engineering International, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 439-447. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1638(199911/12)15:6<439::AID-QRE292>3.0.CO;2-5
- Schwab, D. P., Heneman, H. G. and DeCotiis, T. A. (1975). "Behaviorally anchored rating scales: a review of the literature". Personnel Psychology, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 549-562. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.1975.tb01392.x
- Park. J. W. and Ham, J. K. (2006). "Development of reliability index for comparison of components' Reliability". 2006 Spring Conference Proceedings of the Korean Reliability Society, pp. 140-148.
- Perera, U. D. (2006). "Reliability Index-A Method to Predict Failure Rate And Monitor Maturity of Mobile Phones". Proceedings of IEEE Reliability & Maintainability Symposium, pp. 234-238.
- Korea Management Association consulting (2003). "2003 Research results of Korean Product Quality Index". Korea Management Association.
- SEMATECH (1992). "Guidelines for equipment reliability".
- Yu, S. W., Kim, M., Yang, I. Y. and Park, J. W. (2015). "Development of the reliability index for assessing the logical property of the reliability management program". 3rd International Conference on Materials and Reliability, pp. 23-25.