- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Noise Contribution Analysis of Pantograph Using Real Train Experiment
실차시험을 이용한 팬터그래프의 소음기여도 분석
- Oh, Hyuck Keun (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Noh, Hee-Min (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Jun-Kon (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Park, Choonsoo (Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2016.01.13
- Accepted : 2016.05.24
- Published : 2016.06.30
Pantograph aerodynamic noise is a major cause of noise that occurs when a train is traveling at high speeds. In this study, in order to analyze the contribution of pantograph aerodynamic noise, real train tests using HEMU-430X were carried out. In order to analyze the frequency characteristic of the noise of the pantograph in an actual vehicle, a sound field visualization has been carried out using a 144-channel microphone array at train speeds of 350 and 400km/h. As a result, it was confirmed that the low frequency noise in the 250~400Hz bandwidth provides the main contribution to the pantograph noise. And, in order to estimate the noise contribution of the pantograph, the noise level difference between cases in which the pantograph is ascending and those in which it is descending were compared in single microphone experiments. The frequency analysis in the single microphone tests showed that the bands of 315~400Hz and 1000~1250Hz are the main frequency characteristics of pantograph noise. These results show quite good agreement with those of previous studies and with results of sound field visualization.
Grant : 고속열차 성능 및 효율 향상 핵심기술 개발, 고속열차용 저소음/저저항 팬터그래프 공력설계 기술 및 풀 스케일 팬터그래프 형상 개발
Supported by : 국토교통부
- F. Poisson, P.E. Gautier, F. Letorneaux (2008) Noise Sources for High Speed Trains : a Review of results in the TGV case, Noise and Vibration Mitigation for Rail Transportation Systems, Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics and Multidisciplinary Design, 99, pp. 71-77. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-74893-9_10
- H. Noh, S. Choi, H. Koh, S. Hong (2012) Aerodynamic Noise Characteristics of High-speed Trains by the Beamforming Method, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 15(3), pp. 231-236. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.3.231
- H. Noh, J. Cho, S. Choi, S. Hong (2012) Noise Sources Localization on High Speed Trains by using a Microphone Array, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 15(1), pp. 23-28. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.1.023
- C. Mellet, F. Letourmeaux, F. Poisson, C. Talotte (2006) High speed train noise emission : Latest investigation of the aerodynamic/rolling noise contribution, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 293, pp. 535-546. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2005.08.069
- H. K. Oh, M. Kwak, H-b Kwon, S-s. Kim, S. Kim (2015) A Study on the Contribution of Exterior Devices to Running Resistance in High-Speed Trains, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 18(4), pp. 309-316. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2015.18.4.309
- Y. Lee, J. Rho, M. Kwak, J. Lee (2010) Experimental studies on aerodynamic characteristics of various types of pantograph for high speed train, The 8th Euromech Fluid Mechanics Conference(EFMC8), Bad Reichenhall, Germany.
- J. Rho, Y. Lee, K. Kim, D. Lee (2010) Experimental Investigations on Aerodynamic Characteristics of scaled Pantograph System with various Panhead Shape for High Speed Train, 6th IUTAM Symposium on Bluff Body Wakes and Vortex Induced Vibrations, Capri Island, Italy.