- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Performance Assessment of High-Speed Transponder System for Rail Transport on High-Speed Line
철도교통용 고속 트랜스폰더시스템 고속선 실차 성능평가
- Park, Sungsoo (Signalling & Communication Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Jae-Ho (Signalling & Communication Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Seong Jin (Signalling & Communication Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2016.03.18
- Accepted : 2016.05.24
- Published : 2016.06.30
It is necessary to receive telegrams transmitted by transponder tags installed along the track in order to detect the exact position of a high-speed train. In a high-speed railway environment, telegrams can be corrupted by the electromagnetic interference that comes from onboard electric train power equipment or wayside devices. In this study, we verified the railway environment compatibility of a high-speed transponder system developed as a train position detection system. We installed transponder tags on the Honam high-speed line and measured the number of error-free telegrams received from the transponder tag while the HEMU-430X was running at 268km/h~334km/h. Based on the measurement, we estimated the length of the contact zone formed between the transponder reader and tag. Field test results allow us to estimate how many error-free telegrams can be received when HEMU-430X is at speeds up to 400km/h.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- I. Choi (2014) Current status and perspective of high-speed railroad inspection system, Railway Journal 17(1), pp.31-35.
- Korea Railroad Research Institute (2012) Research planning for technology development of railway location system, Korea Institute of Construction & Transportation Technology Evaluation and Planning.
- J. Lee, S. Park, H. Kim (2013) Study on high-speed and high-precision train position detection, Proceedings of the 2013 Autumn Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Daegu, Korea, pp.1361-1365.
- K. Kim, S. Seol, S. Kong (2015) High-speed train navigation system based on multi-sensor data fusion and map matching algorithm, International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems 13(3) pp.1-10. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12555-014-0576-4
- S. Park, S. Kim, J. Lee, I. Yu, et al. (2014) Testbed implementation for performance evaluation of train positioning system, Proceedings of the 2014 Autumn Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Jeju, Korea, pp.973-977.
- H. Kim, S. Park, Y. Yang, S. Lee, et al. (2015) Study on environmental resistance of railway transponder tag for wayside installation, The Transaction of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, 64(6), pp.948-953. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2015.64.6.948
- S. Park, J. Lee, S. Kim, H. Kim, et al. (2015) Test result of railway transponder system with HEMU-430X, Proceedings of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering 2015 Spring Conference, Jeju, Korea, pp.1188-1188.
- S. Park, S. Kim, J. Lee (2016) Field test of high-speed transponder system for rail transport, The Transaction of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, 65(1), pp.208-213. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2016.65.1.208
- K. Kim, S. Seol, S. Kong (2015) High-speed train navigation system based on multi-sensor data fusion and map matching algorithm, International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, 13(3), pp.503-512. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12555-014-0251-9
- European Railway Agency (2012) FFFIS for Eurobalise v3.0.0, SUBSET-036.