- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Investigation of Electromagnetic Force for Magnetic Contactor of Railway Vehicles
철도차량용 전자접촉기 전자코일의 전자기력 특성 연구
- Jung, Jooyoung (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Hanbat National University) ;
- Park, Ji-Won (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Hanbat National University) ;
- Choi, Jinnil (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Hanbat National University)
- Received : 2015.10.14
- Accepted : 2016.06.15
- Published : 2016.06.30
A magnetic contactor is a switching device widely used for electric circuits. For the operation of magnetic contactors, magnetic coils are essential; these coils create and interrupt the electric circuit. In this paper, the finite element analysis model was developed to reflect the experimental data, and was verified through alteration of the applied voltages and the numbers of turns. Effects of electromagnetic force on the geometrical variations of the facing poles for fixed and moving cores of two magnet coils were investigated. In addition, effects of slope and air gap size between two facing poles on the electromagnetic force were explored through the distribution of the magnetic flux density in the magnetic coils of a push-type solenoid. Through this analysis, the characteristics of the electromagnetic force against the facing poles were explored.
- I.S. Oh, J.S. Kim (2015) Development of automatic assembly system for a energy saving magnetic contactor, The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers Spring Conference 2015, Samcheok, pp. 151-152.
- D.K. Shin, J.S. Kang, K.J. Kwon, B.S. Baek (2013) Analysis of electromagnetic and thermal characteristics of an actuator for a magnetic contactor, 2013 The Korea Institute of Electrical Engineers Spring Conference, Ulsan, pp. 29-31.
- S.H. Lee, H.S. Yoon, C.S. Koh (2011) Design of dc solenoid actuator applied in electric vehicle relay, 2011 The Korea Institute of Electrical Engineers Summer Conference, Pyeongchang, pp. 1029-1030.
- H.J. Bak, J.S. Ro, T.K. Chung, H.K. Jung (2013) Characteristics analysis and design of a novel magnetic contactor for a 220V/85A, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 49(11), pp. 5498-5506. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2013.2268054
- S. Fang, H. Lin, S.L. Ho (2009) Magnetic field analysis and dynamic characteristic prediction of ac permanent-magnet contactor, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 45(7), pp. 2990-2995. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2009.2015053
- B.P. Lequesne (1988) Finite-element analysis of a constant-force solenoid for fluid flow control, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 24(4), pp. 574-581. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.6107
- S.N. Yun, D.W. Yun (2009) Performance improvement strategy of solenoid valve and magnetic material technique, Journal of Drive and Control, 6(3), pp. 28-34.
- Q. Liu, H. Bo, B. Qin (2010) Experimental study and numerical analysis on electromagnetic force of direct action solenoid valve, Journal of Nuclear Engineering and Design, 240, pp. 4031-4036. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2010.09.028
- B.J. Sung (2009) A design of on/off type solenoid actuator for valve operation, Journal of Drive and Control, 6(4), pp. 83-91.
- S.H. Kim, H.J. Park, J.S. Ro, H.K. Jung (2014) Design and analysis of DC magnetic contactor using permanent magnet, 2014 The Korea Institute of Electrical Engineers Spring Conference, Suncheon, pp. 68-71.
- H.S. Yoon, I.S. Hwang, D.S. Kim, S.N. Yun, C.S. Koh (2006) Shape optimization of DC solenoid valve to minimize the time of action using response surface method, The Transaction of The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers B, 55B(9), pp. 449-458.
- www.wjem.co.kr (Accessed 1 October 2015).