- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effect of High-speed Railway Station Facilities and Train Related Services on Customer Satisfaction: Based on KTX User Experience
고속철도 역사시설 및 열차서비스 경험이 고객만족에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Kang-duck (Korea Management Association Registration) ;
- Hwang, Eun-Ju (Korea Management Association Registration) ;
- Yeom, Sun-Ho (Korea Management Association Registration) ;
- Kim, Min-Ho (Korea Management Association Registration) ;
- Jo, Hye-Jung (Global Service Management, Sogang University)
- Received : 2016.01.27
- Accepted : 2016.04.20
- Published : 2016.06.30
The purpose of this study is to investigate service factors and relationships affecting customer satisfaction by measuring indexes of the entire set of high-speed railway station facilities and train services. In this study, we collected data from 202 KTX passengers and analyzed the data using the structural equation model (SEM) method. Through exploratory factor analysis (EFA), we found five major service factors, including parking related service (PRS), station convenient facilities related service (SCS), ticketing services (TIS), service within the train (SWT), and inner environments (INE). As result of a hypothesis test, it was found that PRS does not influence SWT, whereas SCS and TIS positively affect train related service. Also, SWT and INE significantly affect the overall service satisfaction of customers. Thus, our findings provide that station facilities and train service experience are important factors that can enhance customer satisfaction.
Grant : 철도역사 서비스 표준화 및 안전관리 자동화 기술 개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- J.H. Lee, J. Lee, W.Y. Seo (2014) A study on passenger-oriented level of service for railway, The Korea Transport Institute, Policy Research Report.
- J.H. Son (1997) Status and issues of railway transport service, Korean National Railroad, 357(34), pp. 41-55.
- OECD, Eurostat, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (2010) Illustrated glossary for transport statistics 4th edition, OECD Publishing, pp. 1-183.
- E.W. Anderdon, C. Fornell, D.R. Lehmann (1994) Customer satisfaction, market share, and profitability: Findings from sweden, The Journal of Marketing, 58(3), pp. 53-66. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252310
- H.S. Lee (2006) A study on the service quality of korea train express, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 9(1), pp. 81-88.
- A. Parasuraman, V.A. Zeithaml, L.L. Berry (1985) A conceptual model of service quality and its implications for future research, The Journal of Marketing, 49(4), pp. 41-50. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251430
- J.W. Kim, S.K. Ku, M.H. Shin, Y.G. Bae, et al. (2013) Comparison on the characteristics of railway use behavior by IPA, 2013 Spring Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Pyeongchang, Gangwon, pp. 324-329.
- N.T. Heo, Y.G..Ahn (2014) The effects of service quality and customer satisfaction on KTX reuse intentions, Journal of Daegu Gyeongbuk Studie, 13(1), pp. 159-175.
- J. Bake, D. Grewal, A. Parasuraman (1994) The influences of store environment on quality inferences and store image, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 24(4), pp. 328-339. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070396244004
- M.J. Bitner, (1992) Servicescapes: The impact of physical surrounding on customers and employees, Journal of Marketing, 56(2), pp. 57-71. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252042
- J.J. Cronin Jr., S.A. Taylor (1992) Measuring service quality: A reexamination and extension, Journal of Marketing, 56(3), pp. 55-68. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252296
- K.L. Wakefield, J.G. Blodegelt (1996) The effect of the servicescape on customers' behavioral intentions in leisure service setting, Journal of Services Marketing, 10(6), pp. 45-61. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876049610148594
- M.J. Noh, G.J. Kwon (2005) An empirical study on service qualities of the korea train express (KTX), Korea Industrial Economics Association, 18(4), pp. 1693-1718.
- J. Nunnally (1978) Psychometric theory, McGraw-Hill, NY, pp. 1-701.