- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Establishing the Methodology of Economic Analysis to Take into Account Opportunistic Valuation for a Radio Communication & Train Control System
철도무선신호제어시스템 실용화의 기회가치성을 고려한 경제성분석 체계 정립 -일반 및 고속철도용 무선 및 제어시스템 실용화 사례를 중심으로-
- Cho, Shin-hyung (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Seo, Young-hyun (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Kho, Seung-young (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Rhee, Sung-mo (Institute of Construction and Environmental Engineering, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2016.04.07
- Accepted : 2016.04.28
- Published : 2016.06.30
Development of a train wireless signal control system using LTE-R technology is expected to have a great ripple effect to the existing signal control market. To make inroads into the international market, it is an urgent issue to practicalize the train wireless signal control system. Because it will require a huge budget to commercialize the wireless signal control system, it is necessary to analyze the feasibility beforehand, with a consideration of the domestic and foreign marketability and the impact on related industries. This study investigated the effect of the practicalization of train control system on future railway and national industrial sectors. We suggested the establishment of a framework for economic feasibility analysis, one that can provide criteria for opportunistic valuation. We also verified this framework through case analysis.
Grant : 일반 및 고속철도용 무선통신 및 제어시스템 실용화 연구
Supported by : 국토교통부
- S. Rhee, C. Park, S. Kho and K. Jang, et al. (2010) Detailed research planning for railway signaling system, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Construction & Transportation R&D Report.
- Y. Kim, Y. Yoon, S. Oh and M. Kim, et al. (2014) A study of the national wireless network control system and performance evaluation for subway, Korea Railroad Research Institute, Infrastructure R&D Report.
- S. Song, S. Kim, H. Lee and S. Choi, et al. (2012) National integrated wireless network system and effect analysis for railway, Korea Information Society Development Institute.
- J. Kim (2011) 2009 Input-Output Tables, The Bank of Korea.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2011) The second national rail network deployment plans, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport.
- Y. Lee, S. Ahn, I. Choi and H. Kim (2011) The study of standard guidelines for Research and development feasibility sector, Korea Institute of Science & Technology Evaluation and Planning, Preliminary feasibility study report 2011.
- Y. Kim, Y. Song, K. Kim and S. Chang, et al. (2014) A study of the national wireless network system for railway, Korea Railroad Research Institute, Future urban railway technology development project.
- M. Leenen and A. Wolf (2012) The Worldwide Market for Railway Technology 2012, SCI/Verkehr.
- K. Kim, J. Woo, S. Lee and J. Kim, et al. (2008) The complementary studies of project guidelines for pre-feasibility study of the standard instructions of the road and rail sector projects (fifth edition), Korea Development Institute, Preliminary feasibility study report 2008.
- J. Kim, S. Lee, J. Kim and J. Song, et al. (2001) The study of project guidelines for pre-feasibility study of the railway sector. (third edition), Korea Development Institute, Preliminary feasibility study report 2001.