- Volume 22 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Development of Levitation Control for High Accuracy Magnetic Levitation Transport System
초정밀 자기부상 이송장치의 부상제어기 개발
- Ha, Chang-Wan (Department of Magnetic Levitation and Linear Drive, Korea Institute of Machinery & Material) ;
- Kim, Chang-Hyun (Department of Magnetic Levitation and Linear Drive, Korea Institute of Machinery & Material) ;
- Lim, Jaewon (Department of Magnetic Levitation and Linear Drive, Korea Institute of Machinery & Material)
- Received : 2016.04.26
- Accepted : 2016.06.09
- Published : 2016.07.01
Recently, in the manufacturing process of flat panel displays, mass production methods of inline system has been emerged. In particular the next generation OLED display manufacturing process, horizontal inline evaporation process has been tried. It is important for the success of OLED inline evaporation process to develop a magnetic levitation transport system capable of transferring a carrier equipped with a mother glass with high accuracy without any physical contact along the rail under vacuum condition. In the case of existing wheel-based transfer system, it is not suitable for OLED evaporation process requiring high cleanliness. On the other hand, the magnetic levitation transport system has an advantage that it does not generate any dust and it is possible to achieve high-precision control because there are not non-linear factors such as friction force. In this paper, we introduce the high-precision magnetic levitation transport system, which is currently under development, for OLED evaporation process.
Grant : 기계시스템의 안전 신뢰성 향상기술 개발
Supported by : 한국기계연구원
- H.-S. Han and D.-S. Kim, Magnetic Levitation: Maglev Technology and Applications, Springer, New York, USA, 2016.
- C.-W. Ha, C.-H. Kim, J. Lim, J.-M. Lee, and D.-Y. Park, "Development of high accuracy magnetic levitation transport system," Prof. of the 31st ICROS Annual Conference (in Korean), Seoul, pp. 41-42, 2016.
- C.-H. Kim, J.-M. Lee, and H.-S. Han, "Development of a Maglev LCD glass conveyor," Transactions of the KSME A, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 581-587, 2011.
- C.-H. Kim, K.-J. Kim, Y.-H. Lee, H.-S. Han, and D.-Y. Park, "Dynamic simulation of discontinuously arranged electromagnets for passive tray levitation," Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 10, no. 57, pp. 341-344, 2013.
- J.-W. Park, C.-H. Kim, D.-Y. Park, and C.-S. Ahn, "Controller design with high fidelity model for a passive maglev tray system," International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 1521-1528, 2011.
- S.-H. Kim, DC, AC, BLDC Motor Control, Bogdoo, Korea, 1993.
- Y. Peng, D. Vrancic, and R. Hanus, "Anti-windup, bumpless, and conditioned transfer techniques for PID controllers," IEEE Control System Magazine, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 45-57, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/37.537208
- K.-C. Lee, "Section control of the elctromagnetic levitation conveyor (EMLC) for a FPD glass carrying robot," Ph.D. Dissertation, Pusan Univ., 2014.
- C.-W. Ha, D. Lee, B. Yoon, K.-H. Rew, and K.-S. Kim, "Embedded input shaper: difference between trapezoidal profile and S-curve profile," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, vol. 20, no. 11, pp. 1125-1130, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.14.8018
- S. H. Moon, K. C. Lee, J. W. Kim, B. H. Park, and M. C. Lee, "Performance evaluation of sliding control using the exponential reaching raw for a magnetic levitation system," vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 395-401, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.13.1968
- Development of Algorithm to Estimate Sensor Offset in Maglev Tray System vol.19, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-018-0042-y