- Volume 23 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Method to Analyze the Structure of Interpersonal Trust Network in SNS
SNS 구성원 간 신뢰망 구조 분석방법
- Song, Hee Seok (Department of Global IT Business in Hannam University)
- Received : 2016.05.25
- Accepted : 2016.06.23
- Published : 2016.06.30
Many studies have pointed out that trust is the most important component of social capital. Although there have been lots of attempts to measure level of trust between members of community, it is hard to find studies which examine trust from the standpoint of structural aspects. Because of the recent rapid growth of SNS and openness trend on members and their friendship information, it became possible to understand the structure of trust relationships among users in SNS. This study aims to facilitate interpersonal trust by comparing the structure of the trust network among social network users. For this purpose, it proposes a method to explore the structure of trust network and strategies to evolve toward more open structure. In experiments to distinguish structure of trust network with three social network communities, it is discovered that ADVOGATO has characteristics of open and collective network together whereas EPINION and FILMTRUST have collective and open characteristics respectively.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- Blondel, V. D., Guillaume, J-L., Lambiotte, R., and Lefebvre, E., "Fast unfolding of communities in large networks", Journal of Statistical Mechanics : Theory and Experiment, Vol. 10, 2008.
- Brandes, U., "A Faster Algorithm for Betweenness Centrality", Journal of Mathematical Sociology, Vol. 25, No. 2, 2001, pp. 163-177. https://doi.org/10.1080/0022250X.2001.9990249
- Clauset, A., Newman, M. E. J., and Moore, C., "Finding community structure in very large networks", Physical Review, Vol. E70, 2004.
- Fruchterman, T. M. J. and Reingold, E. M., "Graph drawing by force-directed placement", Software Practice and Experience, Vol. 21, No. 11, 1991, pp. 1129-1164. https://doi.org/10.1002/spe.4380211102
- Fukuyama, F., Trust : The social virtues and the creation of prosperity, The Free Press, 1995.
- Granovetter, M., Getting a job : A study of contacts and careers, Harvard University Press, 1974.
- Latapy, M., "Main-memory Triangle Computations for Very Large(Sparse(Power-Law)) Graphs", Theoretical Computer Science(TCS), Vol. 407, No. 1-3, 2008, pp. 458-473. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tcs.2008.07.017
- Martin, S., Brown, W., Klavans, R., and Boyack, K. W., "OpenOrd : an open-source toolbox for large graph layout", The International Society For Optical Engineering, 2011.
- Newman, M. E. J., "Analysis of weighted networks", Physical Review, Vol. E70, 2004.
- Newman, M. E. J. and Girvan, M., "Finding and evaluating community structure in networks", Physical Review, Vol. E69, 2004.
- Pons, P. and Latapy, M., "Computing Communities in Large Networks Using Random Walks", Journal of Graph Algorithms and Applications, Vol. 10, 2006, pp. 191-218. https://doi.org/10.7155/jgaa.00124
- Putnam, R. D., The prosperous community :Social capital and public affairs, The American Prospect, 1993, pp. 35-42.
- Radicchi, F., Castellano, C., Cecconi, F., Loreto, V., and Parisi, D., "Defining and identifying communities in networks", Proc. of Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, Vol. 101, No. 9, 2004, pp. 2658-2663. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0400054101
- Tarjan, R., "Depth-First Search and Linear Graph Algorithms", SIAM Journal on Computing, Vol. 1, No. 2, 1972, pp. 146-160. https://doi.org/10.1137/0201010
- Wu, F. and Huberman, B. A., "Finding communities in linear time : a physics approach", The European Physical Journal B-Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Vol. 38, No. 2, 2004, pp. 331-338. https://doi.org/10.1140/epjb/e2004-00125-x
- Yamagishi, T., Cook, K. S., and Watabe, M., "Uncertainty, trust and commitment formation in the United States and Japan", American Journal of Sociology, Vol. 104, No. 1, 1998, pp. 165-194. https://doi.org/10.1086/210005
- Yamagishi, T. and Komiyama, H., "Significance and the structure of trust : Theoretical and empirical research on trust and commitment relations", INSS Journal, Vol. 2, 1995, pp. 1-59.