- Volume 28 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Effect of the Difference Between Natural Protein and Whey Protein Intake During the 12 weeks of Resistance Training Exercise on Changes in Solt Lean Mass and Body Composltion
12주저항트레이닝 운동시 천연단백질과 분리유청단백질 섭취의 차이가 근육량 및 신체구성에 미치는 영향
- PARK, Won-Deok (Pukyong National University)
- 박원덕 (부경대학교)
- Received : 2016.06.13
- Accepted : 2016.07.22
- Published : 2016.10.31
The purpose of this study is to investigate the effect of 20s university student bodybuilders' protein intake differences with resistant exercise(weight training) by 12 weeks on solt lean mass and body composltion. Natural protein(Chicken breast meat) intake group and Whey protein isolates(WPI) intake group are the experimental groups. Conventional meal intake group is the control group. This study proposes a efficient protein diet for weight training. The results were as follows. In the experimental group(natural protein intake), muscle mass and lean body mass was significantly increased, but body fat percentage was significantly decreased. In the experimental group(WPI intake), muscle mass and lean body mass was significantly increased, but body fat percentage was significantly decreased. In the control group(conventional meal intake), muscle mass and lean body mass was insignificantly increased, but body fat percentage was insignificantly decreased. In addition, there was not a significant difference among intake groups, and also not a differentiated effect between natural protein and WPI intake. In conclusion, natural protein and WPI made muscle mass and lean body mass rise, body fat percentage reduced effectively. Only WPI intake(without natural protein intake) was the efficient mean to increase muscle mass and lean body mass, and to decrease body fat percentage.
- Aagaard, P.(2004). Making muscles stronger: Exercise, nutirition, drugs. Journal of Musculoskeletal Neuron Interact, 4(2), 165-174.
- Bae, Ji-Hyeon.Choe, Mi-Soon.Kim, Yu.Lee, Man-kyu.Park, Hyun(2009). Effects of supplementation of soybean extract and exercise training on body composition and blood Lipid profiles. Journal of the Korea Physical Education, 48(6), 657-668.
- Byun, Jung-Yeol(2005). Effect of Lactobacillus spp. and whey protein isolates on Intracellular glutathione and Antioxidative activities. Chung-Ang University doctoral thesis, 9, 12-13.
- Chae, Chang-Hoon.Kim, Hyun-Tae(2005). Effect of HMB supplementation on body composition, lactate dehydrogenase, and isokinetic maximal muscle power and muscle endurance during resistance exercise. Journal of the Korea Physical Education, 44(2), 317-324.
- Cheon Sung-Yong(2004). Body composition in adult patients with chronic low back pain, lumbar and knee joint study on isokinetic strength and oblique. Dankook University Graduate Thesis, 8.
- Fox, E. L. Bowers, R. W. & Foss, M. L.(1989). The physiological basis for exercise and sport. Iowa ; Wm. C. Brown Communications, 327, 359.
- Go, Ha-Yeong.Yoo, Ik-Jong(1997). Nutritional analysis of chicken parts. Journal of the Korea Nutrition, 1(1), 83-90..
- Hwang, Myung-Hak(2005). A Comparative Variation of Physical Fitness and Body Composition According to Man's University Students Training Program Types. Myongji University Graduate Thesis, 18.
- Hyun, Ah-Hyun(2007). Effect of 16-week Aquarobics Exercise Program on Body Composition, Physical Fitness, and Blood Lipids of Aged Women. Korea National Sport University master's thesis Physical Society, 8.
- Kim, Chan-Hee(2006). A Study on the preparation and qualitative pharacteristics of functional sponge cake wsing of whey protein isolate(WPI). Sungshin Womens University Graduate School of doctoral thesis, 21, 22
- Kim, Jae-Wook(2012). Effects of sports supplements with weight training on muscle anabolism, mass, strenght and body composition. Chung-Ang University doctoral thesis, 8.
- Kim, Sung-Beom(2006). Effects of muscular resistance exercise and protein intake on body composition and blood lipid. Yongin University, Master's Thesis, 31-33.
- Kim, Yang-Sik(2000). The Effect of Protein on Muscular Strenght & Circumference During Weight Training. Keimyung University School of Sports Industry thesis, 1, 9, 20-22.
- Kim, Young-Sub(2003). Effects of 12 weeks weight training on fitness & body composition in college women. Kongju National University Graduate School of Education Thesis, 37.
- Koo, Woo-Young.Kang, Soon-Kwang(2003). The effects of adult women's obesity condition on Body composition, Fitness ability and Cardiopulmonary. Journal of the Korea Sports, 12(1), 447-448.
- Korea Society for Exercise Nutrition(2001). Exercise Nutrition, Seoul; Hanmi Publishing Medical, 113-114, 125, 305-306.
- Lee, Hank-Yung.Yoo Ho-Gil.Kim, Gye-Ju.An, Byung-Geun.Lee, Sang-Ki.Chae, Ji-Won.Choi, Sam-Byung(2002). Making body and Bodybuilding. Book Publishing Hong Kyungt; Seoul, 123.
- Oh, Kyung-Mo(2005). Phycal fitness and Body composition on influence of resistance tranining and Aerobic exercise. Pukyong National University Graduate Thesis, 2-5, 45-49.
- Park, Chang-Hyeon(2005). The effects of natural protein and supplementary protein on physical composition, strenght, and blood compornents in long-term training. Yongin University, Master's Thesis, 1-9, 32-33.
- Park, Gi-Duck(2005). Analysis of Change of 1RM and body composition according to intensity of exercise in 12-weeks muscular resistance training program for elderly women with obesity, Journal of the Korea Sports, 48(3), 567-576.
- Scjokman, C. P..H. Ingrid, E. Rutishauser, & R. J. wallace(1999). Rre and post game macronutrient intake of a group of a group of elite Australian football players. International Jouranl Sport Nutrition Exercise Metabolism, 9, 60-96.
- Seo, Yeo-Gyong(2003). (The) effect of 25% Hyper-Protein Diet and Aerobic exercise on Body Composition, Fitness and Blood Lipids in Young Women. Kookmin National Universitygraduate school thesis, 6-10, 57.
- Seok, Min-Hwa.Lim, Mi-Young.Sin, Yoon-Ah.Kim, Gi-hong(2010). The Effect of Resistance Training with Protein Supplement on the Body Composition and the Immune Response. Kirean Associction of Physical Education and Sport for Girls and Women Journal. 24(2). 72-82.
- Son, Yeong-Jin(2011). The effect of difference of weight training method and detraining on the body composition, growth hormone, Testosterone, Adiponectin and Cortisol. Pukyong National Universitydoctoral thesis, 14.
- Sung, Ki-dong.Son, Won-Mok.Baek Youn-Ho (2012). Effects of Aerobic Exercise and a Protein Diet on Serum Lipid Profiles, Liver Function, and Immunoglobulin in Rats. Journal of the Life Science, 22(1), 92-97. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2012.22.1.92
- Yoon Soug-Won.Kin, Gi-Jin.Gi, Chang-Gyun.Kim, Hyeong-don.Kim Hoon, Na.Young-il, Park.Tong-ho, Sin.Seung-Yun, Lee.Byung-Keun.Lee, Han-Kyung.Im, Wan-gi.Jeong, Dong-Chun.Hong, Gwan-Ni.Hong, Gil-dong translator (2002). Strength Training and Conditioning. Seoul; Daehan media., 95, 105, 233.
- Yun, Seong-deok.Jeong, Gyeong-Nyeol.Kim, Sa-Yeop.Cheon, Nu-Gwang(2010). The Effects of Strength Training for 12 Weeks on Isokinetic Muscular Function, 1RM, Basic Physical Fitness and Body Composition of University Students. Journal of the Korea Development Growth. 18(3), 179-185.