- Volume 24 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on Electromagnetic Interference of Electric Vehicles with Variations of Charging Device Inlet Location
전기자동차 충전구 위치에 따른 전자파 방사특성에 관한 연구
- Gwon, Sunmin (Mobility Engineering / Type Approval, TUV Rheinland Korea) ;
- Woo, Hyungu (School of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Kyungil University)
- Received : 2016.08.11
- Accepted : 2016.09.07
- Published : 2016.11.01
According to revolutionary developments in automobile technologies, eco-friendly advanced vehicles (hybrid vehicle, hydrogen fuel-cell vehicle, electric vehicle, etc.) are rapidly increasing. The electromagnetic compatibility is getting more important for development of a vehicle because those advanced vehicles are driven by electric energy and equipped with more electric systems. In general, electromagnetic compatibility tests consist of an electromagnetic interference(EMI) test and an electromagnetic susceptibility(EMS) test. EMI test of the electric vehicles are needed not only in driving mode but also in charging mode because they must be recharged by much electric energy for driving. Depending on vehicle manufacturers, the charging device type and the location of charging device inlet in electric vehicles are various. In this paper, in order to investigate EMI of electric vehicles in charging mode in consideration of the direction of measuring antenna and the location of charging device inlet, a series of electromagnetic emission tests are conducted using three electric vehicles (neighborhood electric vehicle, electric vehicle and electric vehicle-bus). The test results show that electromagnetic emission measurements in charging mode are dependent on the direction of measuring antenna and the location of charging device inlet.
- M. W. Kim and H. G. Woo, "A Study on Narrowband Electromagnetic Interference in the Cabin of Vehicle," Transactions of KASA, Vol.8, No.2, pp.30-36, 2016.
- H. S. Kim and B. J. Yong, "Analysis of Electromagnetic Interference Noise for Eco-friendly Vehicle," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.19, No.6, pp.76-81, 2011.
- J. S. An, S. B. Kim, J. H. Bae and G. J. Yong, "Conformance of Electro-magnetic Compatibility Safety Standards for Advanced Vehicles," KSAE Annual Conference Proceedings, pp. 1462-1469, 2011.
- G. J. Choe, " A Study on the Radiating Source of Electro-magnetic Waves in the Cabin of Automobile," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.14, No. 5, pp.107-114, 2006.
- S. M. Gwon, Study of Electro-magnetic Interference of Electric Vehicle's Charging Mode, M. S. Thesis, Kyungil University, Gyeongbuk, 2012.
- S. B. Kim, J. J. Kang, J. S. An, J. H. Bae and J. H. Lee, "A Study of Electro-magnetic Compatibility about Electric Vehicle's Charging Mode," 23rd International Technical Conference on the Enhanced Safety of Vehicles, 2013.
- S. B. Kim, J. J. Kang, J. S. An, J. H. Bae and H. B. Kwon, "A Study of EMC about EV's Charging Mode," KSAE Annual Conference Proceedings, pp.1529-1533, 2012.
- S. B. Kim, S. M. Gwon, T. W. Oh, J. S. An and J. H. Bae, "Considerations for Electromagnetic Compatibility from NEV's Charging Mode," KSAE Spring Conference Proceedings, pp.1245-1250, 2011.
- UNECE/TRANS/WP.29 Regulation No. 10 Rev. 5, Uniform Provisions Concerning the Approval of Vehicles with regard to Electro-magnetic Compatibility, 2014.
- 국토교통부, "전자파 적합성 기준," 자동차 및 자동차부품의 성능과 기준에 관한 규칙, 별표 30의3, 2010.
- 국토교통부, "전자파적합성시험," 자동차 및 자동차부품의 성능과 기준에 관한 규칙의 시행 세칙, 2014.