- Volume 42 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Bluetooth Tunneling Method for Wireless Docking System Based on Wi-Fi Direct
Wi-Fi Direct 기반 무선 Docking 시스템을 위한 Bluetooth Tunneling 연구
- Lee, Jaeho (Seowon University, Department of Information and Communications Engineering)
- Received : 2016.08.05
- Accepted : 2016.11.09
- Published : 2017.03.31
Wireless Docking system can provide enhanced convenience to user experience of handheld device such as smart phone by using previously deployed peripheral devises such as monitor and keyboard. In this environment, user can easily use the handheld device with variable peripheral devices at any docking system place. This system would be composed of peripherals except host computing device contrarily to previous desktop and laptop environment. For this system, Wi-Fi Alliance has been developing standard technology based on Wi-Fi Direct(Wi-Fi Peer-to-Peer Technical Specifications v1.2, 2010) technology. However, this system can make a problem which may lead to complex connectivity on handheld device due to non-compatible communication interface. To address given problem, we designed a new method of Bluetooth tunneling technology via previous Wi-Fi Direct communication, and evaluated it with experiment results.
- Wi-Fi Docking Technical Specification Draft (V0.15), Wi-Fi Alliance, 2015
- Wi-Fi Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Technical Specification v1.2, Wi-Fi Alliance, 2010.
- IEEE Standard for Information technology--Telecommunications and information exchange between systems--Local and metropolitan area networks--Specific requirements-Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications Amendment 3: Enhancements for Very High Throughput in the 60 GHz Band, IEEE Std 802.11ad, 2012.
- WiGig Specification v1.0, Wi-Fi Alliance, 2009.
- Wi-Fi Display Technical Specification v1.1, Wi-Fi Alliance, 2012.
- Wi-Fi Serial Bus Technical Specification, Wi-Fi Alliance, 2015.
- Bluetooth Core Specification 2.1, Bluetooth SIG, Jun. 2007.
- Bluetooth Core Specification 4.2, Bluetooth SIG, Dec. 2014.
- Marketing Requirements Document for Interoperability Testing of Wi-Fi Docking, Wi-Fi Alliance, 2013.
- J. Lee, "A new routing scheme to reduce traffic in large scale mobile ad-hoc networks through selective on-demand method," Wirel. Netw., vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 1067-1083, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11276-013-0668-8
- D. Camps-Mur, A. Garcia-Saavedra, and P. Serrano, "Device-to-device communications with wi-fi direct: Overview and experimentation," IEEE Wireless Commun., pp. 96-104, 2013.
- H. Joh and I. Ryoo, "A hybrid Wi-Fi P2P with bluetooth low energy for optimizing smart device's communication property," Peer-to-Peer Networking and Appl. 8.4, pp. 567-577, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12083-014-0276-0