- Volume 33 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Correlation between Physicochemical Properties and Peeling Ratio of Korean Chestnut
밤 내피 및 외피의 이화학적 특성 및 박피율과의 상관분석
- Hwang, Ja-Young (Department of Food and Nutrition, Dongnam Health University)
- 황자영 (동남보건대학교 식품영양과)
- Received : 2017.04.04
- Accepted : 2017.04.07
- Published : 2017.04.30
Purpose: The purpose of this paper was to analyze the physicochemical properties related to peeling rate of Korean chestnut. Methods: Analyses were carried out for weight, thickness, polyphenol, amino acid and peeling ratio for Korean chestnut. The correlation between these physicochemical components and peeling ratio of chestnut was measured. Results: The average of thickness for inner shell and outer shell was 0.66 mm and 0.93 mm, respectively. The average peeling ratio was 77.51%. A significant negative correlation was found between peeling ratio and thickness of the inner shell (
- Bartolome B, Bengoechea ML, Galvez MC, Perez-Ilzarbe FJ, Hernandez T, Estrella I, Gomez-Cordoves C. 1993. Photodiode array detection for elucidation of the structure of phenoloic compounds. J Chromatogr A 655(1):119-125. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9673(93)87019-I
- Bartolome B, Hernandez T, Bengoechea ML, Quesada C, Gomez-Cordoves C, Estrella I. 1996. Determination of some structural features of procyanidins and related compounds by photodiode-array detection. J Chromatogr A 723(1):19-26. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9673(95)00839-X
- Bengoechea ML, Sancho AI, Bartolome B, Estrella I, Gomez-Cordoves C, Hernandez MT. 1997. Phenolic composition of industrially manufactured purees and concentrates from peach and apple fruits. J Agric Food Chem 45(10):4071-4075. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf9703011
- Escribano-Bailon T, Guitierrez-Fernandez Y, Rivas-Gonzalo JC, Santos-Buelga C. 1992. Characterization of procyanidins of Vitis vinifers variety Tinta del Pais grape seeds. J Agric Food Chem 40(10):1794-1799. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00022a013
- Food and Agriculture Organization. 2009. Total and agricultural population. Available from: http://www.fao.org/docrep/014/am079m/PDF/am079m01a.pdf. Accessed March 10, 2017.
- Hara H, Matsuda T, Tsukihashi T, Matsuda T. 1995. Morphological studies on pellicle development and removal in chestnut. J Jpn Soc Hort Sci 64(3):485-497. https://doi.org/10.2503/jjshs.64.485
- Heinrikson RL, Meredith SC. 1984. Amino acid analysis by reverse-phase high-performance liquid chromatography: Precolumn derivatization with phenylisocyanate. Anal Biochem 136(1):65-74. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(84)90307-5
- Hwang JY, Hwang IK, Hwang JB. 2001. Analysis of physicochemical factors related to the automatic pellicle removal in Korean chestnut (Castanea crenata). J Agric Food Chem 49(12):6045-6049. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf010744b
- Hwang JY. 2011. Changes in quality characteristics of peeled chestnuts with storage temperature. Korean J Food Nutr 24(1):71-78. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2011.24.1.071
- Jang JH, Ko JA, Park HJ. 2013. Physicochemical properties of hydroxypropylated mung bean, sweet potato, and warter chestnut starches for hard capsules formation. Korean J Packag Sci Technol 19(2):75-80.
- Joo SH, Kim MJ, Kim MS, Lee U. 2016. Comparison of chestnut (Castanea spp.) quality characteristics according to storage temperatures and cultivars. J Korean For Soc 105(1):93-102. https://doi.org/10.14578/jkfs.2016.105.1.93
- Joo SY. 2013. Antioxidant activity and quality characteristics of chestnut cookies. J Korean Soc Food Cult 28(1):70-77. https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2013.28.1.070
- Kim JH, Park JB, Choi CH, Kim JM. 2004. Study on optimization of flame peeling system for chestnut (II) -Optimization of flame peeling process for chestnut-. J Biosyst Eng 29(1):53-58. https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2004.29.1.053
- Kim YC, Hong SG, Choi JU, Lee JB, Chung SK. 1999. Effects of acid and alkali treatment for chestnut peeking and its physical properties. Korean J Postharvest Sci Technol 6(3): 308-312.
- Kim YD, Choi OJ, Shim KH, Cho IK. 2006. Physicochemical properties of chestnut starch according to the processing method. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 35(3):366-372. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.3.366
- Lee HS, Jang YJ, Kim SH. 2016. The study on development of processed foods with chestnut. J Korean Soc Food Cult 31(2):194-203. https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2016.31.2.194
- Meredith FI, McCarthy MA, Leffler R. 1988. Amino acid concentrations and comparison of different hydrolysis procedures for american and foreign chestnuts. J Agric Food Chem 36(6):1172-1175. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00084a011
- Nah YA, Hang CB. 1996. Changes of constituent components in chestnut during storage. Korean J Food Sci Technol 28(6):1164-1170.
- Park YA, Kim JH, Hwang TY, Moon KD. 1999. Physicochemical properties of hydroxypropylated chestnut starch. Korean J Food Sci Technol 31(4):999-1004.
- Tanaka K, Kotobuki K. 1992. Comparative ease of pellicle removal Japanese chestnut (Castanea crenata Sieb. et Zucc.) and Chinese chestnut (C. mollisima Blume) and their hybrids. J Jpn Soc Hort Sci 60(4):811-819. https://doi.org/10.2503/jjshs.60.811