- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Self-Esteem and Self-Efficacy on Ego-Resilience of Nursing Students
간호대학생의 자아존중감과 자기효능감이 자아탄력성에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Sun Young (Department of Nursing Gongju National University) ;
- Lee, Jung Suk (Department of Nursing Sangmyung University) ;
- Kim, Yunyoung (Department of Nursing Andong National University)
- Received : 2017.02.09
- Accepted : 2017.05.20
- Published : 2017.05.28
The purpose of this study was to identify the relationship of self-esteem, self-efficacy and ego-resilience of nursing students and to evaluate the effect of self-esteem and self-efficacy to ego-resilience. In this study, 247 data was collected from nursing students of G-city in South Korea from Sep. 2016 to Nov. 2016, and the collected data was analyzed with SPSS 22.0 Statistics Program. The result showed that self-esteem had positive correlation with both of self-efficacy and ego-resilience, and self-efficacy had positive correlation with self-efficacy. Both of self-esteem and self-efficacy were significant to ego-resilience with the explanation power of 59.2%. It is necessary for nursing students to improve their self-esteem and self-efficacy from college education to cope and adapt to various stress situations experienced in the clinical field, and it is required to develop the ego-resilience improvement program using self-esteem and self-efficacy.
Supported by : 안동대학교
- S. K. Lee, S. N. Park, S. H. Jeong, "Nursing care competencies needed in the fields of nursing practice for graduates in nursing," Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, Vol .18, No. 4, pp. 460-473, 2012.
- Y. J. Kim, “Type of Coping with Stress of Nursing Students,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 29-39, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.3.029
- H. J. Lee, “Convergence Study on Nursing Students' Stress and Satisfaction with Clinical Practice,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 75-83, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.075
- H. J. Park, I. S. Jang, “Stress, depression, coping styles and satisfaction of clinical practice in nursing students,” The Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 14-23, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2010.16.1.014
- B. H. Kim, B. Y. Chung, J. K. Kim, A. Y. Lee, S. Y. Hwang, J. A. Cho, J. A. Kim, "Current situation and the forecast of the supply and demand of the nursing workforce in Korea," Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, Vol .25, No. 6, pp. 701-711, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.6.701
- E. J. Jung, G. S. Chae, W. J. Noh, M. M. Park, U. Y. Cho, H. J. Kim. "Korean hospital nurses association," Hospital Nurses Association, pp. 77-86, 2013.
- E .C. Klohnen, "Conceptual analysis and measurement of the construct of ego resilience," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 70, pp. 1067-1079, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.117
- H. J. Park, "Perceived stress, coping and depression of ego-resilience". Unpublished maser's thesis, Korean University of Korea, Seoul, pp. 1-70, 1996.
- J. A. Park, E. K. Lee, “Influence of ego-resilience and stress coping styles on college adaptation in nursing students,” Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 267-276, 2011. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.3.267
- Y. S. Park, Y. H. Kwon, “Ego resilience, problem solving process and clinical practice competency in nursing students,” The Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 341-350, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.3.341
- M. O. Chae, “Ego resilience, empathic ability and interpersonal relationship ability in nursing students,” Journal of the Korea Academia Industrial, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 95-103, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.5.95
- M. G. Choi, H. K. Kim, “The effect of workplace bullying and ego-resilience on turnover intention of nurses in the public hospital,” Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 3257-3267, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.5.3257
- B. Gray-Little, V. S. L. Williams, T. D. Hancock, "An item response theory analysis of the rosenberg self esteem scale, Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, Vol. 23, pp. 443-451, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1177/0146167297235001
- A. Bandura, Self-efficacy toward a unifying theory of behavioral change, Psychological Review, Vol. 84, pp. 119-215, 1977.
- Y. R. Kweon, “Relationships of self-esteem, resilience, and occupational self efficacy among nursing students,” Women Health, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 1-18, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1300/J013v17n01_01
- D. J. Kim, J. S. Lee, “Influence of ego-resilience and self-efficacy on satisfaction in major of nursing student,” The Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 244-254, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.2.244
- J. Block, J. H. Block, "The role of ego-control and ego-resiliency in the organization of behavior," Minnesota Symposia on Child Psychology, Vol. 13, pp. 19-101, 1980.
- C. H. Kim, "A study on the problem of returnees's adaptation and self-esteem," Unpublished Maser's Thesis, Seoul Women's University, pp. 1-79, 1995.
- M. Sherer, J. Maddux, "The self efficacy scale: construction and validation," Psychological Reports, Vol. 51, pp. 663-671, 1982. https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.1918.104.22.1683
- H. Y. Hong, "The relationship of perfectionism, self-efficacy and depression," Master Dissertation, Ewha Woman's University, pp. 1-90, 1995.
- H. J. Park, "Perceived stress, coping, depression and ego resilience," Unpublished Maser's Thesis, Korea University, pp. 1-80, 1997.
- E. K. Lee, J. A. Park, “Ego resilience and the clinical competence of nursing students,” Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 293-303, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2013.27.2.293
- H. I. Jo, N. Y. Lee, “A study on the relationship between academic achevement and ego resiliency: Focusing on mediating effects of self determination motivation,” Youth Research, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 1-20, 2010.
- N. Garmezy, M. Rutter, "Stress, coping, and development in children," McGraw-Hill, New york, 1983.
- Y. K. Lee, H. L. Kim, “The relationship of ego resilience and involvement with the experience of anxiety and perceived stress in nursing students,” Journal of the Korea Academia Industrial, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 1953-1962, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.1953
- H. Y. Jung, J. O. Kwon, “A study on the stress, self esteem, and mental health in nursing students,” The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 191-204, 2013. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2013.7.4.191
- M. O. Chae, “Ego resilience, empathic ability and interpersonal relationship ability in nursing students,” Journal of the Korea Academia Industrial, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 99-103, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.1.99
- K. H. Kim, E. H. Hwang, “Influence of ego resilience, critical thinking disposition, and self leadership on career decision making self efficacy in nursing students,” Journal of Korea Academia Industrial, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 436-445, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.2.436
- M. M. Tugade, B. L. Fredrickson, "Resilience individuals use positive emotions to bounce back form negative emotional experiences," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol .86, No. 2, pp. 320-333, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1240
- H. S. Jang, “Resilience as a factor interrupting psychological disorders,” Korean Journal of Psychology: Development, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 105-119, 2001.