- Volume 22 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Intuitive IoT Interface System using 3D Depth Camera
3D 깊이 카메라를 활용한 직관적인 사물인터넷 인터페이스 시스템에 관한 연구
- Park, Jongsub (The Graduate Program on Technology Policy, Yonsei University) ;
- Hong, June Seok (Department of Management Information System, Kyunggi University) ;
- Kim, Wooju (Department of Information and Industrial Engineering, Yonsei University)
- Received : 2017.04.12
- Accepted : 2017.05.08
- Published : 2017.05.31
The decline in the price of IT devices and the development of the Internet have created a new field called Internet of Things (IoT). IoT, which creates new services by connecting all the objects that are in everyday life to the Internet, is pioneering new forms of business that have not been seen before in combination with Big Data. The prospect of IoT can be said to be unlimited in its utilization. In addition, studies of standardization organizations for smooth connection of these IoT devices are also active. However, there is a part of this study that we overlook. In order to control IoT equipment or acquire information, it is necessary to separately develop interworking issues (IP address, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, etc.) and related application software or apps. In order to solve these problems, existing research methods have been conducted on augmented reality using GPS or markers. However, there is a disadvantage in that a separate marker is required and the marker is recognized only in the vicinity. In addition, in the case of a study using a GPS address using a 2D-based camera, it was difficult to implement an active interface because the distance to the target device could not be recognized. In this study, we use 3D Depth recognition camera to be installed on smartphone and calculate the space coordinates automatically by linking the distance measurement and the sensor information of the mobile phone without a separate marker. Coordination inquiry finds equipment of IoT and enables information acquisition and control of corresponding IoT equipment. Therefore, from the user's point of view, it is possible to reduce the burden on the problem of interworking of the IoT equipment and the installation of the app. Furthermore, if this technology is used in the field of public services and smart glasses, it will reduce duplication of investment in software development and increase in public services.
- Bhowmik, A. K., "Real-Time 3D-Sensing Technologies and Applications in Interactive and Immersive Devices," SID 2016 DIGEST, pp. 440-443.
- Boo, J. H., "Motion Tracking System using Inertial Sensors," Ulsan University, 2010.
- Brading, M., Salsman, K., Somayaji, M., Dipert, B., Droz, T., Van Nieuwenhove, D., and Gelabert, P., "3-D Sensors Bring Depth Discernment to Embedded Vision Designs," Embedded Vision Academy, 2016.
- Chang, W. S. and Ji, Y. G., "Usability Evaluation for Smart Phone Augmented Reality Application User Interface," The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 35-47, 2011. https://doi.org/10.7838/jsebs.2011.16.1.035
- Evans, D., "The Internet of Things How the Next Evolution of the Inernet," White Paper, Cisco Internet Business Solutions Group, 2011.
- Kaoru, N., Satoshi, M., Yusuke, S., Naoji, T., Akira, H., "Intel RealSense SDK Sensor Programming," 2016.
- Lee, S. H. and Han, K. H., "Detection of Moving Objects using Depth Frame Data of 3D Sensor," The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication, Vol. 14, pp. 243-248, 2014.
- Mckinsey & Company "Global Semiconductor Alliance/Mckinsey Report on IoT," 2015.
- Oh, S. J., "Interoperability method of semantic information based on augmented reality for ad-hoc interface with internet of things," Yonsei University, 2016.
- Park, K. W. and Chae, J. G., "A Landmark Based Localization System using a Kinect Sensor," The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers Vol. 63, No. 1, pp 99-107, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2014.63.1.099
- Son, H. S., "A Study on Improvement of GPS Position Error Range and Accuracy Using NTRIP," Industrial Technology & Management Korea Polytechnic University, 2017.
- Son, J. G. and Joo, B. G., "Deveopment of Location Information Service App Using an Open Source for Augmented Reality," The Journal of the Institute of Internet Broadcasting and Communication, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 267-272, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2013.13.1.267
- WCP(Woodside Capital Partners), "Embedded Camera status At The Edge of Depth," Research Report, 2014.
- Yang, H. J., No, S. J., Kim, I. H., and Eom, Y. I., "Implementation of Internet of Things Control System Using Augmented Reality Interface," Korea Information Science Society, pp. 1445-1447, 2015.
- Yun, C. H., "Research for Indoor positioning system using wireless LAN and Bluetooth beacons," Hallym University, 2015.