- Volume 34 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Who Wrote Huangdi Neijing?: The Authors' Status, Class and Political Ideology
『황제내경』의 저자는 누구인가?: 그들의 신분·계급 그리고 정치적 이념
- Song, Seokmo (Department of Meridian and Acupoint, College of Korean Medicine, Woosuk University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Ryong (Department of Meridian and Acupoint, College of Korean Medicine, Woosuk University)
- Received : 2017.03.27
- Accepted : 2017.05.17
- Published : 2017.06.27
Objectives : The purpose of this paper is to clarify the social characteristics of the authors of Huangdi Neijing such as status, class, and political ideology. Methods : We analyze the Neijing text and the social order and historical situations in the Han dynasty. Results : Some authors of the Neijing were the local medical officers whose salary was 100~400shi. Their positions were medical craftsmen(yigong) or chief medical craftsmen(yigongchang). They would have published the Neijing after the administrative reforms(146-145 BCE) that began after the suppression of the Rebellion of the Seven Kingdoms. The bureaucrat yigong(chang) would have expected to participate in the public health policy of the empire or kingdom as an acupuncture expert. They would have also expected to contribute to the welfare and health of the privileged intellectual group and the public, hoping to ascend in status and class. Conclusions : By investigating the social characteristics of the authors who composed the Neijing, its various aspects would be newly understood.
- Li Jianmin. Faxian Gumai. Zhongguo gudianyixue yu shushu shentiguan (Mai and the Development of Medical Knowledge in Early China). Beijing. Shehui kexue wenxian chuban she. 2007.
- Hebei yixueyuan (tr.). Ling shu jing xiao shi (An annotated translation of Spiritual Pivot Canon). Beijing. Renmin weisheng chuban she. 2009.
- Shandong Zhongyixueyaun, Hebei yixueyuan (tr.). Huangdi neijing su wen xiao shi (An annotated translation of Huangdi's Inner Canon-Basic Questions). Beijing. Renmin weisheng chuban she. 2009.
- Sima Qian. Shiji (Records of the Grand Historian). available from: URL: http://ctext.org/shiji/zh (Chinese Text Project).
- Liu Haifeng. Cong "bai gong" yu "bai guan" de yuci bianqian (On the change of words in "bai gong" and "baiguan"). Journal of ancient Books Collation and Studies. 2004(4).
- Sun Zhouyong. Xizhou shougong yezhe "bai gong" shenfen de kaogu xue guancha-yi zhou yuan yizhi qi qi zhi jue zuofang muzang ziliao wei wei hexin (Archaeological observation on the identity of the "Hundreds of Workers" in the Western Zhou dynasty: a case study of the tombs of Zhouyuan). Huaxia archaeology. 2010(3).
- Yang Wancheol. On the status of the workers in the Han dynasty. Seokdang Journal. 1984(9).
- Luo Qingkang. Tan xihan guanfu shougongye (On the handicraft industry of officialdom in the Western Han dynasty). Journal of Hunan City University. 1987(2).
- Cai Feng. Lianghan siying shougongye shengchan zhe de shenfen yu diwei (The identity and status of the producers of private handicrafts in the Han dynasty). Journal of Shanxi Normal University(Social Science Edition). 2014 ; 41(3).
- Yang Wancheol. A study of the identity of the commoners in the Han dynasty-to doctors and merchants as the central problem. History & the Boundaries. 1983(7).
- Weber M (auth.), Roth G, Wittich C (ed.). Economy and Society: An Outline of Interpretive Sociology (2 vols.). Berkeley and Los Angeles. University of California Press. 2013.
- Mengzi. Mengzi. available from: URL: http://ctext.org/mengzi/zh (Chinese Text Project).
- Hanfeizi. Hanfeizi. available from: URL: http://ctext.org/hanfeizi/zh (Chinese Text Project).
- Xu Dachun. Yixue yuanliulun (On the origin of medicine). Xu Dachun. Xulingtai yixue chuanji. Taiyuan. Shanxi kexuejishu chupanshe. 1999.
- Mozi. Mozi. available from: URL: http://ctext.org/mohism/zh (Chinese Text Project).
- Loewe M. The Government of the Qin and Han Empires: 221 BCE-220 CE. Indianapolis. Hackett publishing. 2006.
- Yan bu ke. Pinwei yu zhiwei. Qinhan weijin nanbeichao guan jie zhidu (Quality and Position: Official System of Qin, Han, Wei, Jin and Northern and Southern Dynasties). Beijing. Zhonghua shuju. 2002.
- Yim Joonghyeok. Naixing in Qin and Han law-concerning the convergence system to shiwu. Historical Studies of ancient and Medieval China. 2008(19).
- Ban Gu. Hanshu(Book of Han). available from: URL: http://ctext.org/han-shu/zh (Chinese Text Project).
- Liu Zhen. Dongguan hanji (East Hall Records of Han). available from: URL: http://ctext.org/dong-guan-han-ji/zh (Chinese Text Project).
- Fan ye. Houhanshu (Book of the Later Han). available from: URL: http://ctext.org/hou-han-shu/zh (Chinese Text Project).
- Institute of archaeology, Chinese academy of Social Sciences. Mancheng Han mu fajue baogao 2 vols.. Beijing. Wenwu chubanshe. 1980.
- Kato Shigeru (auth.), Wu Jie (tr.). Zhongguo jingji shi kaozheng (A textual study on China's economic history). Beijing. Shangwu yin shuguan. 1962.
- Jin Shiqi. Gudai yizhe de jiaose-jianlun qi shenfen yu juese (A study of medical doctors in ancient China with special reference to their social positions). Li jianmin(ed.). Shengming yu yiliao. Beijing. Zhongguo da baike quanshu chubanshe. 2005.
- Zhang Xiaoxia. Handai yi guan kaoshi (yi) (Textual explanations on medical officers in Han dynasty). Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine Management.
- Gao Wei. Xianqin lianghan yi guan zhidu zongshu (A summary of the medical official system in the Pre-Qin and Han dynasties). Journal of Lanzhou University. 2005(01).
- Guo Junran. Chutu ziliao suojian de handai hou guo guanzhi-Yi donghan jun shu houguowei zhongxin (Unearthed information to see the Han Dynasty Hou Guoguan system - to take the Eastern Han Houguo as the central subject). Journal of Weinan Normal University. 2014. 29(2).
- Geng Jianting. Cong xihan yi gong tong pen de faxian lai tansuo "yi gong" zhe yi ming ci de bianhua shiyong (From the discovery of the Western Han dynasty medical copper basin to explore the change of the name of "yigong"). Journal of New Chinese Medicine. 1973(03).
- Zhang Xiancheng. Xianqin lianghan yixue yongyu hui shi (Explanation of medical terms in Pre-Qin and Han dynasties). Chengdu. Bashu shushe. 2002.
- Park Geonju. The problem of service and official in ancient China. The Journal of Chinese Historical Researches. 2013(87).
- Tao Xinhua. Handai de "dai zhao" bulun (A supplement to the theory of "dai zhao" in Han Times). Social Science Front. 2005(6).
- Bielenstein H. The Bureaucracy of Han Times. Cambridge. Cambridge University Press. 1980.
- Yi Yongil. Existential forms of fengjun in nations in the Warring States period. The Journal of Chinese Historical Researches. 2011(74).
- Zhang Shuyi. Lianghan fengjun fenghao kaolun (A study on the title of fengjun in Han dynasty). Journal of Chinese Literature and History. 2011(1).
- Xu Kangsheng. Boshu laozi zhu yi yu yanjiu (On the translation and study of silk manuscript Laozi). Hangzhou. Zhejiang renmin chuban she. 1985.
- Nishijima Sadao (auth.), Choe Deokgyeong (tr,). History of China-Qin and Han. Seoul. Hye-an. 2004.
- Zhang Heyao. Jian lun "qi guo zhi luan" hou xihan zhuhou guo guanzhi yanbian de tezheng (On the characteristics of the evolution of the official system in the Western Han dynasty after the Rebellion of the Seven Kingdoms). Qilu Journal. 2015(1).
- Chen Suzhen. Hanwen di "yi hou yi" ji "ling lie houzhiguo" kao bian (A Textual Research on the Emperor Wen's "To Change Marquis' Town" and "To The Kingdom of Lie Hou"). Historical Research. 2005(5).
- Yi Seonggyoo. On the characteristics of liehou in the Former Han. East Asian Culture. 1977(14).
- Jianglian shan. Shilun xihan guanzhi gaige (On the reform of official system in the Western Han dynasty(2)). Journal of Suihua University. 1985(Z1).
- Roth G. Introduction. Weber M (auth.), Roth G, Wittich C (ed.). Economy and Society : An Outline of Interpretive Sociology (2 vols.). Berkeley and Los Angeles. University of California Press. 2013.
- Weber M (auth.). Hong Yoongi (tr.). Hinduism and Buddhism (Sociology of Religion II). Seoul. Korean Theological Institute. 1986.