- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of SSR markers for classification of Flammulina velutipes strains
팽이버섯 (Flammulina velutipes) 계통의 분류를 위한 SSR 마커개발
- Woo, Sung-I (Mushroom Research Division, National Institute of Horticultural & Herbal Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Seo, Kyoung-In (Korea seed & variety service) ;
- Jang, Kab yeul (Mushroom Research Division, National Institute of Horticultural & Herbal Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Kong, Won-Sik (Mushroom Research Division, National Institute of Horticultural & Herbal Science, Rural Development Administration)
- Received : 2017.03.15
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.30
Microsatellite SSR markers were developed and utilized to reveal the genetic diversity of 32 strains of Flammulina velutipes collected in Korea, China, and Japan. From the SSR-enriched library, 490 white colonies were randomly selected and sequenced. Among the 490 sequenced clones, 85 (17.35%) were redundant. Among the remaining 405 unique clones, 201 (49.6%) contained microsatellite sequences. We used 12 primer pairs that produced reproducible polymorphic bands for four diverse strains, and these selected markers were further characterized in 32 Flammulina velutipes strains. A total of 34 alleles were detected using the 12 markers, with an average of 3.42 alleles, and the number of alleles ranged from two to seven per locus. The major allele frequency ranged from 0.42 (GB-FV-127) to 0.98 (GB-FV-166), and values for observed (
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Beacham TD, Pollard S, Le KD. 2000. Microsatellite DNA population structure and stock identification of steelhead trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) in the Nass and Skeena Rivers in Northern British Columbia. Mar Biotechnol. 2:587-600. https://doi.org/10.1007/s101260000045
- Chiang TY, Lee TW, Lin FJ, Huang KH, Lin HD. 2008. Isolation and characterization of microsatellite loci in the endangered freshwater fish Varicorhinus alticorpus (Cyprinidae). Conserv Gen. 9:1399-1401. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10592-008-9508-2
- Frankham R, Ballou JD, Briscoe DA. 2002. Introduction to conservation genetics. Cambridge University Press. pp. 45-96.
- Jo IH, Bang KH, Kim YC, Kim JU, Shin MR, Moon JY, Noh BS, Hyun DY, Kim DH, Cha SW, Kim HS. 2013. Analysis of mitochondrial DNA sequence and molecular marker development for identification of Panca species. Kor J Med Crop Sci. 21:91-96. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2013.21.2.91
- Kim JH, Seo JW, Byeon JH, Ahn YS, Cha SW, Cho JH. 2014. Morphological characteristics and phylogenetic analysis of Polygonalum species based on chloroplast DNA sequences. Kor J Med Crop Sci. 22:489-496. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2014.22.6.489
- Kitamoto Y, Nakamata M, Masuda P. 1993. Production of a novel white Flammulina velutipes by breeding. Genetics and Breeding of Edible Mushrooms. Gordon and Breach Science Publishers. pp.65-86.
- Koizumi N, Jinguji H, Takahashi H, Higuchi M, Takata K, Minezawa M, Takemura T, Mori A, 2007. Isolation and characterization of polymorphic microsatellite DNA markers in the Omono type of ninespine stickleback, genus Pungitius. Mol Ecol Res. 7:1315-1318.
- Ma KH, Lee GA, Lee SY, Gwag JG, Kim TS, Kong WS, Seo KI, Lee GS, Park YJ. 2009. Development and Characterization of New Microsatellite Markers for the Oyster Mushroom (Pleuroturs ostreatus). J Microb Biotechnol. 19:851-857. https://doi.org/10.4014/jmb.0811.604
- McConnell S, Hamilton L, Morris D, Cook D, Paquet D, Bentzen P, Wright J, 1995. Isolation of salmonid microsatellite loci and their application to the population genetics of Canadian east coast stocks of Atlantic salmon. Aquaculture 137:19-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/0044-8486(95)01111-0
- Moon BC, Kim WJ, Ji Y, Lee YM and Kim HK. 2013. Genetic diversity of Curcuma genus collected germplasm using analysis of AFLP. Kor J Med Crop Sci. 21:455-460. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2013.21.6.455
- Smith CT, Koop BF and Nelson RJ, 1998. Isolation and characterization of coho salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch) microsatellites and their use in other salmonids. Mol Ecol. 7: 1613-1621. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-294X.1998.00474.x
- Sunnucks P. 2000. Efficient genetic markers for population biology. Trend Ecol Evol. 15: 199-203. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-5347(00)01825-5
- Wheeler GL, Dorman HE, Buchanan A, Challagundla L and Wallace LE. 2014. A review of the prevalence, utility, and caveats of using chloroplast simple sequence repeats for studies of plant biology. Appl Plant Sci. 2:2168-0450.
- Williams JG, Kubelik AR, Livak KJ, Rafalski JA, Tingey SV. 1990. DNA polymorphisms amplified by arbitrary primers are useful as genetic markers. Nuc Acid Res. 18:6531-6536. https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/18.22.6531