- Volume 26 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Effects of Feeding Various Types of Fermented Red Ginseng Marc with Red Koji to Laying Hens on Eggshell and Egg Yolk Quality
여러 제형의 홍국발효 홍삼박을 산란계 사료에 첨가시 난각과 난황 특성에 미치는 영향
- Chung, Tae-Ho (Department of Companion Animals and Animal Resources Science, Joongbu University) ;
- Choi, In-Hag (Department of Companion Animals and Animal Resources Science, Joongbu University)
- Received : 2017.05.28
- Accepted : 2017.07.10
- Published : 2017.07.31
This study was conducted to investigate the effects of dietary supplementation of various types of fermented red ginseng marc with red koji to laying hens on eggshell and egg yolk quality characteristics. A total of 240 Hy-line Brown laying hens (40 wk of age) were randomly allotted to 24 pens (6 replicates per treatment and 10 laying hens per replicate). Experimental diets consisted of 4 treatments containing basal diet (control), 1% fermented red ginseng marc powder with red koji, 1% fermented red ginseng marc pelleted with red koji and 1% fermented red ginseng marc coated with red koji. During the 8-wk feeding trial, there were no significant differences in eggshell strength, eggshell thickness and eggshell color among the treatments, except for eggshell strength at 4 and 8 wk and eggshell thickness at 0 wk. In addition, no differences in egg yolk color and egg yolk index were found for all treatments throughout the 8-wk feeding period, except for egg yolk color at 0 wk. Thus, using various types of fermented red ginseng marc with red koji to laying hens did not improve eggshell and egg yolk quality characteristics.
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원, 농촌진흥청
- Ao, X., Zhou, T. X., Kim, H. J., Hong, S. M., Kim, I. H., 2011, Influence of fermented red ginseng extract on broiler and laying hens, Asia-Australian J. Anim. Sci., 24, 993-1000. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2011.10450
- Chang, E. J., Park, T. K., Han, Y. N., Hwang, K. H., 2007, Conditioning of the extraction of acidic polysaccharide from red ginseng marc, Korean J. Phamacol., 34, 87-92.
- Hong, J. K., Bong, M. H., Park, J. C., Moon, H. K., Lee, S. C., Lee, J. H., Hwang, S. G., 2012, Effects of feeding red ginseng marc on vital reaction in laying hens under stress task, Korean J. Poult Sci., 39, 63-70. https://doi.org/10.5536/KJPS.2012.39.1.063
- Jang, H. D., Kim, H. J., Cho, J. H., Chen, Y. J., Yoo, J. S., Min, B. J., Park, J. C., Kim, I. H., 2007, Effects of dietary supplementation of fermented wild-ginseng culture by-products on egg productivity, egg quality, blood characteristics and ginsenoside concentration of yolk in laying hens, Korean J. Poult. Sci., 34, 271-278. https://doi.org/10.5536/KJPS.2007.34.4.271
- KAFFTC, 2013, Korea agi-fisheries and food trade corporation, Market Report.
- Kang, H. K., Seo, O. S., Choi, H. C., Chae, H. S., Na, J. C., Yu, D. J., Kang, G. H., Bang, H. T., Park, S. B., Kim, M. J., Lee, J. E., Kim, D. W., Kim, S. H., 2010, Effects of feed supplementations for fermented apple pomace and cinnamon on egg quality and performance in laying hens, Korean J. Poult Sci., 37, 63-68. https://doi.org/10.5536/KJPS.2010.37.1.063
- Kim, D. J., Seong, K. S., Kim, D. W., Ko, S. R., Chang, C. C., 2004, Antioxidative effects of red ginseng saponins on paraquatinduced oxidative stress, J. Ginseng Res., 28, 5-10. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2004.28.1.005
- Kim, Y. J., 2014, Effects of dietary supplementation of red ginseng marc and Korean mistletoe powder on performance and meat quality of broiler chicken, Korean J. Poult Sci., 41, 197-204. https://doi.org/10.5536/KJPS.2014.41.3.197
- Kwak, Y. S., Park, J. D., Yang, J. W., 2003, Present and prospect of red ginseng efficacy research, Food Industry and Nutr., 8, 30-37.
- Park, J. H., Shin, O. S., Ryu, K. S., 2005, Effect of feeding wild ginseng culture by-products on performance and egg quality of laying hens, Korean J. Poult Sci., 32, 269-273.
- Park, J. H., Sung, K. S., Kim, S. S., Shim, G. S., Han, C. K., 2012, Effects of puffed and fermented red ginseng on blood glucose-related biomarkers in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats, J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr., 41, 630-637. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.5.630
- SAS Institute, 2002, SAS/STAT User's guide : Version 8.2. SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC.
- Shin, Y. S., 2010, Comparisons of ginsenosides and anti-inflammatory effects of white ginseng and puffed red ginseng, Korean J. Food Cookery Sci., 26, 475-480.
- Shon, K. S., Kwon, O. S., Min, B. J., Cho, J. H., Chen, Y. J., Kim, I. H., Kim, H. S., 2004, Effects of dietary herb products (Animunin Powder) on egg characteristic, blood components, and nutrient digestibility in laying hens, Korean J. Poult Sci., 4, 237-244.
- Yu, Y. M., An, J. N., Chae, H. S., Park, B. Y., Kim, J. H., Lee, J. M., Kim, Y. G., Park, H. Gi., 2004, Characteristics of pork quality during storage fed with ginseng by products, Korean J. Food Sci. Ani. Resour., 24, 37-44.