- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Optimal Current Control Method of BLDC Motor Utilizing Maximum Torque Point
- Park, Chang-Seok (Dept. of advanced engineering, Graduate school Kyungnam University) ;
- Jang, Jung-Hoon (Dept. of advanced engineering, Graduate school Kyungnam University) ;
- Jung, Tae-Uk (Dept. of Electrical engineering of Kyungnam University)
- Received : 2017.05.16
- Accepted : 2017.06.12
- Published : 2017.07.31
This paper proposes an optimal current control method for improving efficiency of Brushless Direct Current (BLDC) motor. The proposed optimal current control method is based on the maximum torque point analysis of Finite Element Analysis (FEA). The proposed method can increase the effective voltage at the maximum torque point of BLDC motor and increase the output torque per unit current to increase the efficiency. In order to verify the proposed optimal current control method, have developed the prototype of a 50 [W] class motor drive and experimented by 20 [W] motor using the dynamometer set. This was verified.
- Mei Ying, Pan Zaiping, "A Novel Starting Method of Sensorless BLDC Motor for Electric Vehicles," International Conference on Electrical and Control Engineering, pp. 3212-3215, Jul. 2010.
- Pillai, N.S, Vipin, A.M, Radhakrishnan, R, "Analysis and simulation studies for position sensorless BLDC motor drive with initial rotor positionestimation," International Conference on Nascent Technologies in the Engineering Field (ICNTE), pp. 1-6, Jan. 2015.
- Jianwen Shao, Nolan, D, Hopkins, T, "Improved direct back EMF detection for sensorless brushless DC (BLDC) motor drives," Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, vol. 1, pp. 300-305, Feb. 2003.
- S. K. Safi, P. P. Acarnley and A. G. Jack, "Analysis and simulation of the high-speed torque performance of brushless DC motor drives", IEE Proc.-Electr. Power Appl., Vol. 142, No. 3, May 1995.
- C. C. Chan, J. Z. Jiang, W. Xia and K. T. Chau, "Novel Wide Range Speed Control of Permanent Magnet Brushless Motor Drives", PEDS'95, Feb. 1995.
- J. H. Choi, J. S. Park, J. H. Kim and I. S. Jung, "Conrol Scheme for Efficiency Improvement of slim type BLDC Motor", ISLPED '14, pp. 820-824 Aug. 2014.
- W. S. Im, J. P. Kim, J. M. Kim and K. R. Baek, "Torque Maximization Control of 3-Phase BLDC Motors in the High Speed Region", JPE, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp. 717-723, Oct. 2009.
- B. G. Gu, J. H. Choi and I. S. Jung, "Simple Lead Angle Adjustment Method for Brushless DC Motors", JPE, Vol 14, No. 3, pp. 541-548, Dec. 2013.
- C. G. Kim, J. H. Lee, H. W. Kim and M. J. Youn, "Study on maximum torque generation for sensorless controlled brushless DC motor with trapezoidal back EMF" IEE Proc.-Electr. Power Appl., Vol. 152, No. 2, March 2005.
- J. J. Moon, W. S. Im and J. M. Kim, "Novel Phase Advance Method of BLDC motors for wide range speed operations", APEC'13, pp. 2343-2348, May. 2013.