- Volume 12 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of Interoperability Technology in Railway Wireless Communication Systems
철도 무선통신시스템 연동 기술 개발
- Received : 2017.06.30
- Accepted : 2017.08.01
- Published : 2017.08.31
Currently, railway wireless communication systems adopt several communication schemes depending on the specific region. To increase data rate and achieve high fidelity in railway wireless communication systems, LTE-R scheme has been developed. In this paper, We introduce interoperability technology which converges several railway communication systems including LTE-R. First, we consider two interoperability methods and their standardization. Some empirical test results of interoperability technology are also introduced. It is expected to provide seamless and statable railway communication environments by applying interoperability technologies to railway wireless communication systems.
현재 우리나라의 철도 무선통신시스템은 각 지역에 따라 서로 다른 통신방식을 사용하고 있다. 철도 무선통신시스템에서 데이터의 전송률을 높이고 고신뢰성을 확보하기 위해 LTE-R방식의 도입이 연구되고 있다. 본 논문에서는 LTE-R방식을 포함한 다양한 철도통신 방식을 연동하는 기술 개발에 대해 소개한다. 먼저 다양한 철도통신 방식을 연동하는 두 가지방식의 개념 및 표준에 대해 소개한다. 또한 연동방안에 대한 실제 실험결과에 대해서도 일부 소개한다. 본 논문에서 소개하는 연동 기술을 철도 무선통신망에 적용함으로써 끊김 없고 안정적인 철도 무선통신환경이 제공될 것으로 예상된다.
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- C. Kim, B. Kim, and S. Lee, "A study on the necessity of integrated radio networks for domestic railways," In Proc. Fall Conf. of The Korea Society for Railway, Jeju, Korea, Oct. 2011, pp. 2808-2813.
- Y. Song, Y. Kim, and J. Baek, "Development of integrated wireless network for railway," J. of the Korean Society for Railway, vol. 16, no. 6, 2013, pp. 551-557. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.6.551
- B. Kim, "The operation conditions of domestic railway wireless communication networks and those technical trends," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 11, no. 4, 2016, pp. 379-385. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2016.11.4.379
- J. Calle-Sanchez, M. Molina-Garcia, J. I. Alonso, and A. Fernandez-Duran, "Long Term Evolution in high speed railway environments: feasibility and challenges," Bell Labs Technical J., vol. 18, no. 2, 2013, pp. 237-253. https://doi.org/10.1002/bltj.21615
- T. Zhou, C. Tao, S. Salous, L. Liu, and Z. Tan, "LTE-based channel measurements for high-speed railway scenarios," In Proc. of IEEE Global Communications Conference, San Diego, CA, Dec. 2015, pp. 1-6.
- K. Guan, Z. Zhong, and B. Ai, "Assessment of LTE-R using high speed railway channel model," In Proc. of Third International Conference on Communications and Mobile Computing, Qingdao, China, Apr. 2011, pp. 461-464.
- A. Sniady and J. Soler, "LTE for railways: Impact on performance of ETCS railway signaling," IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014, pp. 69-77. https://doi.org/10.1109/MVT.2014.2310572
- TTAK.KO-06.0437," LTE based railway communication system requirements (Conventional and high speed railway)".
- TTAK.KO-06.0438," LTE based railway communication system architecture (Conventional and high speed railway)".
- W. Cho, H. Choi, and H. Cho, "A study on integration scheme of wireless communications in railway wireless network," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 10, no. 9, 2015, pp. 659-664. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2015.10.6.659
- W. Cho, "Comparison study of interoperability of railway wireless communication networks," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 11, no. 8, 2016, pp. 729-734. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2016.11.8.729