- Volume 23 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Development of Food Truck Concept based on Demographic Characteristics
인구통계적 특성에 기초한 푸드트럭 컨셉개발에 관한 연구
- Kim, Heon Choul (Dept. of Hotel Food Service Culinary Art, Gwangju University)
- 김헌철 (광주대학교 호텔외식조리학과)
- Received : 2017.09.17
- Accepted : 2017.10.20
- Published : 2017.10.30
This study aimed to develop food truck concept based on demographic characteristics by using conjoint analysis. This study investigated the attributes importance and attributes level based on gender, age and income. Results of the research were following. First, as a result of analyzing the attributes importance and attributes level of gender, age, and income, it found that the price was more important than the type of food. The shape of food, a design of the truck and service are the following features of the attributes importance. Second, in the entire of market analysis, packaging was the most important factor next to the price and the food shape. Third, according to gender analysis, male and female prefer Korean style with price range of 5,000~7,000 won. Men prefer take - out menu such as plastic packaging and traditional truck design. Also, the study showed that women prefer having a meal at restaurant, paper packaging style and modern design. Fourth, according to the age analysis results, all of ages group prefer the price range of 5,000~7,000 won except for people who are 60s and beyond. Also, in the food type, people prefer Western style in their 20s, Japanese style in their 30s and Korean style in their 40s, 50s, 60s. Fifth, according to income analysis, Western menus with income of 4,000,000~5,000,000won are preferred a price range of 7,000~10,000won and Japanese menus with income more than 5,000,000won are preferred a price range of 7,000~10,000won.
Supported by : 광주대학교
- Baek, S, W., Kim, S. H., & Yu, C. J. (2012). Analysis of consumer preference of eggs using conjoint analysis. Journal of the Korean Society of Foodstuffs, 29(1), 57-72.
- Choi, H. R. (1994). A study on the development of packaging design for information age. Korea Product and Culture Design Society, 1, 103-128.
- Customer Support Officer, Planning and Coordination Center (2017). National Newspaper of Cyber Counseling, Food and Drug Administration.
- Fao, O. (2009). Food for the cities, street foods. Retrived from http://www.fao.org/fcit/food-processing/street-foods/en/
- Filitrault, P., & Ritchie, B. (1998). The impact of situational factors on the evaluation of hospitality service. Journal of Travel Research, 26(4), 29-37. https://doi.org/10.1177/004728758802600406
- Haley, R. (1971). Beyond benefit segmentation. Journal of Advertising Research, 11(4), 3-8.
- Hong, J. S., & Jeong, Y. K. (2011). A study on the type of restaurant choice for restaurant consumers using conjoint analysis. Korean Society for Food Service Management, 14(5), 93-111.
- Jang, D. S. (1998). New management culture for Koreans in the IMF period. Bum Publishers.
- Jeon, Y. M. (2017). A study on influence of family restaurant image on satisfaction, trust and revisit intention. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 23(2), 74-85. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2017.23.4.008008008
- Kang, T, W. (2007). Determinants of educational performance of entrepreneurship programs: Focused on short-term entrepreneurship education programs (Master's thesis), Jinju National University.
- Kim, H. C. (2007). A study on menu development of hotel banquet western table d' hotel menu (Doctoral dissertation). Kyungsung University.
- Kim, H. C. (2017). A study on the preference analysis according to the usage behavior of grilled beef restaurant by conjoint analysis. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 23(4), 93-103. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2017.23.4.010
- Kim, H. C., & Hong, K. W. (2008). Study on development of motivation scale for restaurant establishment and validation. Hotel Tourism Research, 29, 57-69.
- Kim, K. J., & Park, K. Y. (2007). A study on the development of korean restaurant concept by conjoint analysis: Focused on the morning food service industry market. Journal of Tourism Research, 31(5), 319-336.
- Kim, K. Y. (1999). A study on the development method of establishment type of restaurant. Korea tourism industry association. Tourism Research, 13(l), 69-84.
- Kim, M. K., & Lee, A. J. (2015). A study on relative importance and priority of successful factors of small-scale catering establishment using layered analysis technique(AHP). Journal of Food Service Management, 18(3), 105-126.
- Korean Statistics Information Service(2015). The 9th revised wholesale and retail trade survey (including accommodation and restaurants). Statistical Office.
- Kotler, P., & Gary, A. (2000). Principles of marketing, 9th ed., Prentice-Hall.
- Lee, H. Y. (2008). Professor Lee Hoon Young's research methodology. Cheoram.
- Lee, S. G. (2010). A study on the market segmentation characteristics according to golf choice attribute. Journal of Tourism Research, 24(2), 181-197.
- Lee, T. H., & Yu, Y. J. (2011). The effect of external environment of franchise headquarters on management performance. The Startup & Business Journal, 11(3), 351-367.
- Lim, H. L,. & Kim, H. S. (2017). A study on the customers' perception and intention to purchase food according to food styling. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 23(3), 1-7. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2017.23.7.001001001
- Lim, S. I., Han, K. S., Peter, B., & Seo, K. M. (2009). Assessing relative preference for hot/spicy sauces by conjoint analysis, Focusing on English consumers. Korean Journal of Food Culture, 24(1), 51-57.
- Moscardo, G., Pearce. P., & Morrison, A. (2001). Evaluation different bases for market segmentation, a comparison of geographic origin versus activity participation for generating tourist market segments. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 10(1), 29-49. https://doi.org/10.1300/J073v10n01_03
- Song, K. S. (2013). The effects of the attributes of the establishment of the foodservice industry on the customer orientation and the establishment performance. Korea Content Research, 13(6), 481-495.
- Statistics Korea (2011). Survey of nationwide businesses (by city and province industry, organizational type).
- Tinker, I., & Fruge, M. (1982). Street food project. Assignment Children, 57/58, 191-193.
- Yang, J. J., & Nam, J. H. (2015). The effects of entrepreneurship motivation and entrepreneurial education satisfaction on entrepreneurial readiness behavior, self - Efficacy and intention to start a catering business. Tourism Research, 30(6), 47-66.
- Youn, S, H., & Yoo, J. S. (2012). An exploratory study on the Korean baristar training program. Tourism Research, 27(5), 407-422.