- Volume 23 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Difference of Perceptions of Seafood and Processed Seafood Products: The Case of University Students in Busan and Gyeongsang Area
수산물 음식과 수산물 가공식품에 대한 인식 조사: 부산·경상도 지역 대학생을 중심으로
- Son, Seon-Ik (Dept. of Food Service Management and Culinary, Dongju College) ;
- Choi, Bong-Im (Dept. of Food Service Management and Culinary, Dongju College)
- Received : 2017.09.19
- Accepted : 2017.10.20
- Published : 2017.10.30
The purpose of this study is to understand the perception of fishery products and processed food of marine products in college students through empirical analysis. 446 questionnaires were used in the analysis. As a result of the empirical analysis, the frequency of consumption of aquatic food was 2~3 times a week, the place of intake was good for taste of home and aquatic foods, respectively. Purchase motifs of processed fish products are easy, the frequency of ingestion is 3 to 4 times a week, the criteria for selection were always consumed, and the taste was considered to be high when purchased. The perception of nutrition and necessity of consumption of aquatic foods was high and radioactivity was low. 133 male students (57.8%) and 98 female students (45.4%) were aware of the aquatic traceability system. The college students generally has a high preference for the taste of marine products and high frequency of consumption, and they recognized that nutritional excellence and necessity were positive. The marketing strategy should be developed by developing proper product considering the age level and sex of consumers. The limitation is that they are college students in Busan and Gyeongsang provinces and coastal areas.
Supported by : 동주대학교
- Cheon, M. S. (2010). Recognition and using realities of nutrition labeling of processed foods (Master's thesis). Daegu Haany University.
- Cho, Y. B., Yoon, T. H., Jung, J. W., & Kim, K. M. (2007). A study of branding local marine products in Busan area. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 13(3), 137-147. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2007.13.3.012
- Choi, E. S. (2010). Survey on knowledge about nutrition indications of processed food ingested as snacks and survey on actual ingestion of street food: Focusing in junior high school students in seoul (Master's thesis). Kyung Hee University.
- Agricultural and Fishery Products Quality Control Act.
- Gwon, J. H. (2014). A study on intake frequency and preference of marine products by Korean adults (Master's thesis). Ulsan University.
- Go, Y. L. (2012). Relationship between eating behavior, physical activity and psychological state of university students in Jeonbuk area (Master's thesis). Wonkwang University.
- Jo, M. Y., Lee, M. J., & Lee, Y. M. (2003). A study on utilization and consumption promotion of seafood in elementary school lunch program. Journal of Korean Society of Dietary Culture, 18(2), 139-150.
- Jung, J. E. (2012). Preference and intake of processed foods among high school students in Daegu (Master's thesis). Keimyung University.
- Jung, M. S., & Im, K. H. (2002). Policies for fostering fisheries processing industry : Focus on the direction of enhancement of competitiveness. Fisheries Fishing Village Research Center, Korea Maritime Institute.
- Jung, W. S. & Hwang, S. J. (2014). A study on the perception, importance and satisfaction with local traditional food among university students. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 20(1), 120-132. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2014.20.1.010010010
- Kim, J. B. (2007). Critical success factors of RFID-based fisheries traceability systems: From the perspectives of consumers and suppliers. The Journal of Fisheries Business Administration, 38(2).
- Kim, J. S. (2011). Study for the selection attributes and benefits of processed fishery products (Doctoral dissertation). Hoseo University.
- Lee, E. J. (2013). A survey on the perception and usage status of school dietitians on seafood in Taegu area (Master's thesis). Yeungnam University.
- Lee, J. H. (2009). The study on the relationships between dining-out activities, eating habits, and the frequency of fast food intake and obesity among the university students in th Busan area. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 15(3), 225-235. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2009.15.3.017017017
- Lee, J. A. (2010). A study on intake and purchasing behaviors of processed foods and recognition of food additives of middle school students in Seoul (Master's thesis). Dongguk University.
- Lee, M. H. (2007). High school students' recognition and taste of seafood in Daegu Gyeongbuk area (Master's thesis). Kyungpook University.
- Lyu, E. S. (1993). A study on the dietary behavior of university students in Busan. Journal of the Korean Society of Dietary Culture, 9(1), 43-54.
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries (2003).
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (2009).
- Monthly Maritime Korea (2011).
- National Fisheries College (2011).
- Nam, H. W., Lee, M. J., & Lee, Y. M. (2002). Consumption and preference of seafood, and desires for the seafood utilization in school lunch program among middle and high school students in Korea. Korea Society of Food & Cookery Science, 18(1), 1-7.
- Oh, J. Y. (2007). A study on preference, intake frepuency, and nutritional knowledge of marine products with of elementary school students in Busan (Master's thesis). Kosin University.
- Oh, S. G. (2010). A study on intake frequency and preference of marine products of high school students in Osan (Master's thesis). Chonnam National University.
- Park, S. S. (2007). Preference of processed food and recognition of food․nutrition labeling by middle school students in Seoul area (Master's thesis). Kyung hee University.
- Sung, S. J (2009). A survey on consumption of ingested processed food from snack in University Students (Master's thesis). Chungbuk University.
- USFDA (United States Food and Drug Administration) (1993a). Guidance Document for Cadmium in Shellfish. 1-44.
- USFDA (United States Food and Drug Administration) (1993b). Guidance Document for Lead in Shellfish. 1-45.
- Yoon, H. L. (2010). College students' dietary behavior for processed foods and the level of perception on food nutrition labeling system according to the level of nutrition knowledge (Master's thesis). Sangji University.