- Volume 54 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A study on improvement of the lower canvas bar for reducing loss of stow net on anchor
안강망 어구의 유실 감소를 위한 하부 종대의 성능 개선 연구
- LEE, Gun-Ho (Fisheries resource and environment Division, West Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NIFS) ;
- CHO, Sam-Kwang (Research cooperation Division, NIFS) ;
- KIM, In-Ok (Fisheries Engineering Division, NIFS) ;
- CHA, Bong-Jin (Fisheries resource and environment Division, South Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NIFS) ;
- JUNG, Seong-Jae (Fisheries resource and environment Division, East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NIFS) ;
- KOO, Myeong-Seong (Fisheries resource and environment Division, South Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NIFS)
- 이건호 (서해수산연구소 자원환경과) ;
- 조삼광 (국립수산과학원 연구협력과) ;
- 김인옥 (국립수산과학원 수산공학과) ;
- 차봉진 (남해수산연구소 자원환경과) ;
- 정성재 (동해수산연구소 자원환경과) ;
- 구명성 (남해수산연구소 자원환경과)
- Received : 2018.09.27
- Accepted : 2018.11.20
- Published : 2018.11.30
In this study, the conventional cylinder-shaped lower bar on the canvas was modified and its performance was tested to improve the opening force of the stow net on anchor. The improved new lower bar used in the test is consisted of 13 flat bars with a length of 1.8 m, a width of 0.075 m and a thickness of 4 mm, and a pipe with a length of 2.0 m and a diameter of 50 mm. A stow net with the improved lower bar and a stow net with an existing lower bar were installed underwater and their trajectories for 21 hours were examined. To confirm their trajectories, GPS loggers were attached to the buoys on the left and right canvases and the buoy of the hauling rope. As a result of the test, the rotation of the gear with the improved bar was smoother than that with the existing bar. As a result of comparing the changes in the interval of the buoys attached to the canvas after the low and high tide, the buoy spacing of the gear with the improved bar is wider than that of the conventional gear; moreover, the larger the interval, the smoother the rotation of the fishing gear was. Therefore, it is considered that using the improved lower bar can enhance the performance of the stow net.
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Cho SK, Lee GH, Cha BJ, Jung SJ and Kim IO. 2016. Effect of flagpole attached to buoy on tension of buoy rope of gillnet. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 52(4), 290-298. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2016.52.4.290) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2016.52.4.290
- Jeon IK, Nam IK, Park SC, Lee UL and Jeong IH. 2012. Hydrography. Donghwa, Gyeonggi, Korea, 404-405.
- Jung JH, Ryu CR and Kim JK. 1996. Holding mechanism of anchor system for fisheries facilities. Bull. Korean Soc Fish Technol 32(2), 613-618.
- Kim DA and Ko KS. 1985. A study for designing the zonal canvas type of stow net. Bull. Korean Soc Fish Technol 18(1), 1-7.
- Kim JK and Yoon GD. 1999. A study on the design of the stern stow net. Bull. Korean Soc Fish Technol 35(4), 343-352.
- Kim TO, Lee BG and Kim JK. 1994. Comparative analysis on the fishing efficiency of stow nets, Traditional and Improved. Bull. Korean Soc Fish Technol 30(1), 1-12.
- Lee GH, Cho SK, Cha BJ and Jung SJ. 2016. Effect of length of buoy line on loss of webfoot octopus pot. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 52(4), 299-307. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2016.52.4.299) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2016.52.4.299
- Lee GH, Cho SK, Kim IO, Cha BJ and Jung SJ. 2017. Effect of the characteristics of buoy on the holding power of trapnet. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 53(4), 309-316. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT. 2017.53.4.309) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2017.53.4.309
- Lee GH, Kim IO, Cha BJ and Jung SJ. 2015. Analysis for gillnet loss in the West Sea using numerical modeling. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 51(4), 600-613. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT. 2015.51.4.600) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.4.600
- Sun M and Xu L. 1991. Application of canvas horizontal spreaders to set nets. Fisheries Research 12, 157-169. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-7836(91)90039-I