- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Patent Data Analysis and Competitive Advantage Strategy using TF-IDF and Network Analysis
TF-IDF와 네트워크분석을 이용한 특허 데이터 분석과 경쟁우위 전략수립에 관한 연구
- Yun, Seok-Yong (Dept. of IT Policy Management, Graduate School, Soong-sil University) ;
- Han, Kyeong-Seok (School of Business Administration, Soong-sil University)
- Received : 2018.03.22
- Accepted : 2018.03.29
- Published : 2018.03.31
Data is explosively growing, but many companies are still using data analysis only for descriptive analysis or diagnostic analysis, and not appropriately for predictive analysis or enterprise technology strategy analysis. In this study, we analyze the structured & unstructured patent data such as IPC code, inventor, filing date and so on by using big data analysis techniques such as network analysis and TF-IDF. Through this analysis, we propose analysis process to understand the core technology and technology distribution of competitors and prove it through data analysis.
- S.Y.Park and H.W.Park. "The Relationship between Technology Innovation and Firm Performance of Korean Companies based on Patent Analysis". Korea technology innovation society. Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 1-25, 2006.
- J, B, Woo and Y, M, Jung, "Analysis of Factors Influencing Patent Citations", Korea Society for information management Vol. 27 No. 1, pp.103-118 2010.
- S. H. Jun "Technology Forecasting of intelligent systems using patent analysis", Korea intelligent information system society, Vol 21, No. 1, pp.100-105, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2011.21.1.100
- H. J. Kang, "Study on the Projection of the Promising Fusion Technologies by US Patent Analysis", KOSIME, Vol. 14 No. 3 pp. 111-115. 2007.
- S, H, Jun, S, S, Park,, " Forecasting Vacant Technology of Patent Analysis System using Self Organizing Map and Matrix Analysis", KOCON Vol. 10 No. 2, pp. 462-480, 2010.
- J, H, Choi, H, S, Kim " Keyword Network Analysis for Technology Forecasting", KIISS, Vol. 17 No. 4, pp.227-240 2011.
- C, H, Kim, "Identifying the linkage between technologies using co-classification analysis", KIOIE Vol. 2006, No. 11, pp. 711-717, 2006.
- G. J. Gwon, "The determinants of technology innovation in ICT firms", KIAA Vol. 28, pp. 139-157, 2009.
- W. J. Kim, "Network Centricity Theory", Koos Book, Vol. 111, No. 23, pp. 109-111, 2015.
- Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications(2012), Japan, "Information Communication White Paper"
- Max H. Boisot, Ian C. MacMillan, Kyeong Seok Han. "Explorations in Information Space", Oxford University, Vol. 228, No. 24, 2007
- Jun Sunghae, "A Big Data Learning for Patent Analysis", Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent System Vol23, No. 5, 2013.
- Gerard Salton, "Term-weighting approaches in automatic text retrieval", Information Processing & Management Vol24 No. 5 1988.
- "Guide to the International Patent Classification", WIPO, 2017
- The Economist, https://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21721656-data-economy-demands-new-approachantitrust-rules-worlds-most-valuable-resource
- World Intellectual Property Organization, http://www.wipo.int
- Patent office, http://www.kipo.go.kr
- Patent Information Net, http://www.kipris.or.kr