- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of Feed Substrate Thickness on the Bandwidth and Radiation Characteristics of an Aperture-Coupled Microstrip Antenna with a High Permittivity Feed Substrate
- Kim, Jae-Hyun (School of Electronic Engineering, Soongsil University) ;
- Kim, Boo-Gyoun (School of Electronic Engineering, Soongsil University)
- Received : 2017.12.13
- Accepted : 2018.02.21
- Published : 2018.04.30
The impedance bandwidth and radiation characteristics of an aperture-coupled microstrip line-fed patch antenna (ACMPA) with a high permittivity (
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- Z. N. Chen and K. M. Luk, Antennas for Base Stations in Wireless Communications. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, 2009.
- R. Garg, P. Bhartia, I. Bahl, and A. Ittipiboon, Microstrip Antenna Design Handbook. Boston, MA: Artech House, 2001.
- W. S. T. Rowe and R. B. Waterhouse, "Theoretical investigation on the use of high permittivity materials in microstrip aperture stacked patch antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 51, no. 9, pp. 2484-2486, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2003.816383
- R. B. Waterhouse and W. S. T. Rowe, "MMIC compatible printed antennas," Electronics Letters, vol. 39, no. 21, pp. 1493-1495, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20030964
- R. B. Waterhouse, "Stacked patches using high and low dielectric constant material combinations," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 1767-1771, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/8.817651
- K. Hettak, G. Delisle, and M. Boulmalf, "A novel integrated antenna for millimeter-wave personal communication systems," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 46, no. 11, pp. 1757-1758, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/8.736643
- E. Herth, N. Rolland, and T. Larsi, "Circularly polarized millimeter-wave antenna using 0-level packaging," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 9, pp. 934-937, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2010.2080310
- D. M. Pozar, "A review of aperture coupled microstrip antenna: history, operation, development, and applications," 1996 [Online]. Available: http://www.ecs.umass.edu/ece/pozar/aperture.pdf.
- A. Lai, K. M. K. H. Leong, and T. Itoh, "Infinite wavelength resonant antennas with monopolar radiation pattern based on periodic structures," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 868-876, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2007.891845
- L. Liu, E. Korolkiewicz, Z. Ghassemlooy, A. Sambell, S. Danaher, and K. Busawon, "Investigation of the equivalent circuit parameters and design of a dual polarized dual frequency aperture coupled microstrip antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 2304-2308, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2013.2241716
- S. L. Chuang, Physics of Optoelectronic Devices. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons, 1995, pp. 288-294.
- Y. X. Guo, K. M. Luk, and K. F. Lee, "L-probe fed thick-substrate patch antenna mounted on a finite ground plane," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 51, no. 8, pp. 1955-1963, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2003.815430
- S. Bhardwaj and Y. Rahmat-Samii, "Revisiting the generation of cross-polarization in rectangular patch antennas: a near-field approach," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 14-38, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/MAP.2014.6821758