- Volume 56 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Decreasing Particle Size of (+)-Dihydromyricetin Using Hydrophilic Polymer in Fractional Precipitation
분별침전에서 친수성 고분자 물질을 이용한 (+)-dihydromyricetin의 입자크기 감소
- Ji, Seong Bin (Department of Chemical Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Hyun (Department of Chemical Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2018.02.13
- Accepted : 2018.05.01
- Published : 2018.06.01
In this study, we have applied fractional precipitation with hydrophilic polymer in order to decrease the particle size of the (+)-dihydromyricetin from plant materials. When compared with the case where no hydrophilic polymer was employed, the addition of hydrophilic polymer in fractional precipitation resulted in a considerable decrease in the size of the (+)-dihydromyricetin precipitate. Among the polymers used, HPMC 2910 was the most effective for inhibition of precipitate growth. A polymer concentration of 0.1% (w/v) yielded the smallest particle size. The particle size was reduced by ~40% compared to control. In addition, the precipitate size was inversely correlated with the absolute value of the zeta potential of the suspension with polymer.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- An, S. W., Kim, Y. G., Kim, M. H., Lee, B. I., Lee, S. I., Lee, S. H., Kwon, H. I., Hwang, B. and Lee, H. Y., "Comparison of Hepatic Detoxification Activity and Reducing Serum Alcohol Concentration of Hovenia dulsis Thunb and Alnus japonica Steud," Korean J. Medicinal Crop Sci., 7, 263-268(1999).
- Hase, K., Basnet, P., Kadota, S. and Namba, T., "Effect of Hovenia dulcis on Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Liver Injury in Chronic Alcohol-Fed Rats," J. Trad. Med., 14, 28-33(1997).
- Lee, M. K., Kim, Y. G., An, S. W., Kim, M. H., Lee, J. H. and Lee, H. Y., "Biological Activities of Hovenia dulcis Thunb," Korean J. Medicinal Crop Sci., 7, 185-192(1999).
- Sakai, K., Yamane, T., Saitoh, Y., Ikawa, C. and Nishihata, T., "Effect of Water Extracts of Crude in Decreasing Blood Ethanol Concentrations in Rats," Chem. Pharm. Bull., 35, 4597-4604(1987). https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.35.4597
- Yoo, S. M., Mun, S. and Kim, J. H., "Recovery and Pre-purification of (+)-Dihydromyricetin from Hovenia dulcis," Process Biochem., 41, 567-570(2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procbio.2005.10.008
- Du, Q., Cai, W., Xia, M. and Ito, Y., "Purification of (+)-Dihydromyricetin from Leaves Extract of Ampelopsis grossedentata Using High-Speed Countercurrent Chromatograph with Scale-up Triple Columns," J. Chromatogr. A., 973, 217-220(2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(02)01092-0
- Yohsikawa, M. and Murakami, T., "Four Methyl-Migrated 16, 17-seco-Dammarane Triterpene Glycosides from Chines Natural Medicine, Hoveniae Semen Seu Fructus, the Seeds and Fruit of Hovenia dulcis Thunb," Chem. Pharm. Bull., 44, 1736-1743 (1996). https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.44.1736
- Yohsikawa, M., Murakami, T., Ueda, T., Yoshizumi, S., Ninomiya, K., Murakami, N., Matsuda, H., Satio, M., Fujii, W. and Tanaka, T., "Bioactive Constituents of Chinese Natural Medicines. III. Absolute Stereostructures of New Dihydroflavonols, Hovenitins I, II, and III, Isolated from Hoveniae Semen Seu Fructus, the Seed and Fruit of Hovenia dulcis Thunb. (Rhamnaceae): Inhibitory Effect on Alcohol-Induced Muscular Relaxation and Hepatoprotective Activity," Yakugaku Zasshi., 117, 108-118(1997). https://doi.org/10.1248/yakushi1947.117.2_108
- Cho, E. B., Cho, W. K., Cha, K. H. and Park, J. S., "Enhanced Dissolution of Megestrol Acetate Microcrystals Prepared by Antisolvent Precipitation Process Using Hydrophilic Additives," Int. J. Pharm., 396, 91-98(2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpharm.2010.06.016
- Yeo, S. D., Kim, M. S. and Lee, J., "Recrystallization of Sulfathiazole and Chloropropaide Using the Supercritical Fluid Antisolvent Process," J. Supercrit Fluids. 25, 143-154(2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0896-8446(02)00094-3
- Pyo, S. H., Kim, M. S., Cho, J. S., Song, B. K., Han, B. H. and Choi, H. J., "Efficient Purification and Morphology Characterization of Paclitaxel from Cell Cultures of Taxus chinensis," J. Chem. Technol. Biotechnol., 79, 1162-1168(2005).
- Ruala, J., Eerikaine, H. and Kauppinen, E. I., "Influence of the Solvent Composition on the Aerosol Synthesis of Pharmaceutical Polymer Nanoparticles," Int. J. Pharm. 284, 13-21(2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpharm.2004.07.003
- Chen, X., Young, T. J., Sarkari, M., Williams III, R. O. and Johnston, K. P., "Preparation of Cyclosporine A Nanoparticles by Evaporative Precipitation into Aqueous Solution," Int. J. Pharm. 242, 3-14(2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-5173(02)00147-3
- Vehring, R., "Pharmaceutical Particle Engineering via Spray Drying," Pharm. Res., 25, 999-1022(2008). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11095-007-9475-1
- Weers, J. G., Tarara, T. E. and Clark, A. R., "Design of Fine Particles for Pulmonary Drug Delivery," Expert Opin. Drug Deliv., 4, 297-313(2007). https://doi.org/10.1517/17425247.4.3.297
- Kawashima, Y. and York, P., "Drug Delivery Application of Supercritical Fluid Technology," Adv. Drug Deliv. Rev., 60, 297-298(2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addr.2007.10.011
- Lee, K. H. and Kim, J. H., "Development and Optimization of Fractional Precipitation for the Pre-purification of (+)-Dihydromyricetin," Biotechnol. Bioproc. Eng., 13, 274-278(2008). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12257-007-0199-1
- Lim, M. K. and Kim, J. H., "Improvement of the Fractional Precipitation Process for the Purification of (+)-Dihydromyricetin," Korean J. Biotechnol. Bioeng., 42, 25-31(2014).
- Ha, G. S. and Kim, J. H., "Influence of Zeta Potential on Fractional Precipitation of (+)-Dihydromyricetin," Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 53, 831-835(2015). https://doi.org/10.9713/kcer.2015.53.6.831
- Dong, Y., Ng, W. K., Shen, S., Kim, S. and Tan, R. B., "Preparation and Characterization of Spironolactone Nanoparticles by Antisolvent Precipitation," Int. J. Pharm., 375, 84-88(2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpharm.2009.03.013
- Zhang, H. X., Wang, J. X., Zhang, Z. B., Le, Y., Shen, Z. G. and Chen, J. F., "Micronization of Atorvastatin Calcium by Antisolvent Precipitation Process," Int. J. Pharm., 374, 106-113(2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpharm.2009.02.015
- Dalvi, S. V. and Dave. R. N., "Controlling Particle Size of a Poorly Water-Soluble Drug Using Ultrasound and Stabilizers in Antisolvent Precipitation," Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 48, 7581-7593(2009). https://doi.org/10.1021/ie900248f
- Labouret, A. D., Thioune, O., Fessi, H., Devissaguet, J. P. and Puisieux, F., "Application of an Original process for Obtaining Colloidal Dispersions of Some Coating Polymers. Preparation, Characterization, Industrial Scale-Up," Drug Dev. Ind. Pharm., 21, 229-241(1995). https://doi.org/10.3109/03639049509048106
- Stainmesse, S., Orecchioni, A. M., Nakache, E., Puisieux, F. and Fessi, H., "Formation and Stabilization of a Biodegradable Polymeric Colloidal Suspension of Nanoparticles," Colloid Polym. Sci., 273, 505-511(1995). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00656896
- Thioune, O., Fessi, H., Devissaguet, J. P. and Puisieux, F., "Preparation of Pseudolatex by Nanoprecipitation: Influence of the Solvent Nature on Intrinsic Viscosity and Interaction Constant," Int. J. Pharm., 146, 233-238(1997). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-5173(96)04830-2
- Pouretedal, H. R., "Preparation and Characterization of Azithromycin Nanodrug Using Solvent/Antisolvent Method," Int. Nano Lett., 4, 103(2014).
- Kim, M. J. and Kim, J. H., "Decreasing Particle Size of Paclitaxel Using Polymer in Fractional Precipitation Process," Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 54, 278-283(2016). https://doi.org/10.9713/kcer.2016.54.2.278