- Volume 9 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Convergence Study of Health Promoting Behaviors between Nursing Students and General College Students
간호대학생과 일반대학생의 건강증진행위에 관한 융합연구
- Hong, Se-Hwa (Department of Nursing, Hanil University and Presbyterian Theological Seminary)
- 홍세화 (한일장신대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2018.04.05
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.06.28
The purpose of this study was to compare the health promoting behaviors between nursing students and general college students. The participants were 210 students(100 nursing students, 110 general college students). Data were collected by self-reported questionnaires and analyzed by SPSS/WIN 23.0 program. There were not significant differences between two groups in the health promoting behaviors(t=-0.489, p=625). But, significant differences were found in sub-categories of health promoting behaviors according to gender, taking health-related lectures, smoking, and perceived health status. Therefore, it is necessary to develop and intervene various health education programs in order to promote the health of university students in cooperation with universities and local community health organizations.
- G. J. Kim. (2000). Prediction model for health promotion behaviors in middle-aged men. Doctoral dissertation. Hanyang University, Seoul.
- N. J. Pender. (1987). Health Promotion in Nursing Practice. 2nd ed. Norwalk : Appleton & Lange.
- WHO (2017). Health promoting school: an effective approach for early action on NCD risk factors. World Health Organization. http://www.who.int/healthpromotion/publications/health-promotion-school/en/.
- B. K. Kim, M. S. Jung & C. H. Han. (2002). Health promoting behavior of university students and related factors. Journal of Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion, 19(1), 59-85.
- K. S. Han. (2005). Self efficacy, health promoting behaviors, and symptoms of stress among university students. Journal of Korean Academy Nursing, 35(3), 585-592. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.3.585
- K. S. Han. (2005). Self efficacy, health promoting behaviors, and symptoms of stress among university students. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 35(4), 585-592. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.3.585
- Y. A. Ko. (2002). Effect of psychodrama group counselling on physical and mental health of nursing students. Doctoral dissertation. Kyunghee University, Seoul.
- M. Clement, L. W. Jankowski, L. Bouchard, M. Perreault & Y. Lepage. (2002). Health behaviors of nursing students: a longitudinal study. Journal of Nursing Education, 41(6), 257-265.
- S. W. Jung, R. I. Hwang & Y. S. Lee. (2017). Satisfaction to college life and stress of clinical practice among nursing student. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(4), 265-272. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.4.265 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.4.265
- S. H. Hong. (2013). The relationship between perceived health status and health promoting behaviors among nursing students. The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, 19(1), 78-86. DOI : 10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.1.78 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.1.78
- S. N. Walker, K. R. Sechrist & N. J. Pender. (1995). The health promoting lifestyle profileII. Omaha : College of Nursing, University of Nebraska Medical Center.
- H. M. Seo. (2000). Construction of health promoting behavior model in elderly. Doctoral dissertation. Seoul National University, Seoul.
- D. H. Kim. (2012). Comparison of health promoting lifestyle between health department and non-health department university students in Korea. Global Health & Nursing, 2(1), 26-33.
- S. J. Kim & E. Y. Jung. (2015). A relevance on health perception, health knowledge and health promotion behavior of the university students. Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 16(8), 5394-5403. DOI : 10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.8.5394 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.8.5394
- J. H. Park & E. H. Kim. (2017). Relationship of academic stress, ego-resilience and health promoting behaviors in nursing students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 18(9), 193-202. DOI : 10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.9.193 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.9.193
- Y. S. Park & H. K. Lee. (2006). The correlational study of health promotion lifestyle and body composition in a university students. The Journal of the Korean Society of School Health, 19(1), 67-78.
- H. K. Kim. (2007). Gender differences in health promoting behavior and related factors among university students using Pender's health promotion model. The Journal of Educational Research, 21, 198-219.
- Y. H. Chung, N. S. Seo & S. H. Moon. (2011). Related factors in health promotion behavior by gender among college students. The Journal of Korean Society for School Health Education. 12(2), 29-42.
- S. Y. Min & K. S. Paek. (2007). The effects of health education program on health promoting behavior and self-efficacy in university students. Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, 18(4), 562-571.
- K. H. Suh. (2007). Update in the smoking and smoking cessation of Korean women. The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, 12(4), 695-713. https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2007.12.4.002
- M. S. Lee, J. Y. Hong, H. J. Hwang & S. H. Bae. (2010). The factors associated with success of smoking after a 6 month cessation at somking cessation clinic in phblic health center of one metropolotan city. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 1(1), 31-39.
- J. H. Shin, M. H. Seo & M. I. Lee. (2016). Nursing jobs and gender in our age of convergence: research on male nurses. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(3), 287-297. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.287 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.287
- M. S. Duffy & E. MacDonald. (1990). Determinates of functional health of older persons. Genrontologist, 30(4), 503-509. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/30.4.503
- C. L. Cox, E. H. Miller & C. S. Mull. (1987). Motivation in health behavior: measurement, antecedents, and correlates. Advances in Nursing Science, 9(4), 1-15. https://doi.org/10.1097/00012272-198707000-00004