The Journal of Korea Institute of Information, Electronics, and Communication Technology (한국정보전자통신기술학회논문지)
- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study of system using load cell for real time weight sensing of artificial incubator
인공부화기의 실시간 중량감지를 위한 로드셀을 이용한 시스템 연구
- jeong, Jin-hyoung ;
- Kim, Ae-kyung ;
- Lee, Sang-Sik (Department of biomedical engineering, Catholic kwandong University)
- Received : 2017.12.13
- Accepted : 2018.04.17
- Published : 2018.04.30
The eggs are incubated for 18 days through the generator and incubated in the developing incubator. During the developmental period, the weight loss of the fetus is correlated with the ventricular formation, and the proper ventricular formation is also associated with the healthy embryonic hatching and the egg hatching rate. However, in the incubator period of the domestic hatchery, it is a reality to acquire the resultant side by the Iranian standard weight measurement with the experience of the hatchery and the person concerned and the development period without the apparatus for measuring the present weight. As a result, prevalence of early mortality, hunger and illness during hatching are frequent. Monitoring the reduction of weaning weight is crucial to obtaining chick quality and hatching performance with weight changes within the development machine. Water loss is different depending on the size of eggs, egg shell, and elder group. We can expect to increase the hatching rate by measuring the weight change in real time and optimizing the ventilation change accordingly. There is a need to develop a real-time measurement system that can control 10 to 13% reduction of the total weight during hatching. The system through this study is a way to check the one - time directly when moving the existing egg, and it is impossible to control the measurement of the fetal water evaporation within the development period. Unlike systems that do not affect the hatching rate, four load cells are connected in parallel on the Arduino sketch board and the AT-command command is used to connect the mobile phone and computer in real time. The communication speed of Bluetooth was set to 15200 to match the communication speed of Arduino and Hyper-terminal program. The real - time monitoring system was designed to visually check the change of the weight of the fetus in the artificial incubator. In this way, we aimed to improve the hatching rate and health condition of the hatching eggs.
Grant : Regional Specialized Industry Development Program
Supported by : Korea Institute for Advancement of Technology(KIAT)
- Tohru Kitagawa, Sadao Ohyoshi, Yasuh iro Ushijima'Load cell weighing appar atus', US4726435 A, 1986.
- Keith Reichow, Bill Zimmerman 'Load cell assemblies for off-center loads and associated methods of use and manufacture', US 9726535 B2, 2017.
- Hamid Hussain Hadwan, Y. P. Reddy, 'Smart Home Control by using Raspberry Pi & Arduino UNO', No 1919-1925.
- Arduino UNO Product Manual.
- Kim Baraka, Marc Ghobril, Sami Malek, Rouwaida Kanj, Ayman Kayssi, "Low cost Arduino/Android-based Energy-Efficient Home Automation System with Smart Task Scheduling", Fifth International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon, 2013.
- Bin Dai, Rung-Ching Chen, Wei-Bin Yang, 'Using Arduino to Develop a Bluetooth Electronic Scale for Water Intake', No 16248577, 2016.
- FB155BC bluetooth Product Manual.
- Dennis Sullivan, 'Design of remote control of home appliances via Bluetooth and Android smart phones' No.17062677, 2017.
- Choi, Yeom-Soon, et al. "Comparison of carcass and meat quality characteristics between Korean native black pigs and commercial crossbred pigs." Korean Journal for Food Science of Animal Resources 25.3 (2005): 322-327.