- Volume 67 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Development of a Remote Shoulder Rehabilitation Exercise Device and Monitoring System
원격 어깨재활 운동 디바이스 및 모니터링 시스템 개발
- Kang, Byeong-Gwon (Dept. of Information & Communication Engineering, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Choi, Soon (Youngkook Electronics) ;
- Kim, Jea Min (Dept. of ICT Convergence Rehabilitation Engineering, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Kang, Hyun-Joo (Dept. of Sports Medicine, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Min, Se Dong (Dept. of medical IT Engineering, Soonchunhyang University)
- Received : 2012.07.14
- Accepted : 2018.11.28
- Published : 2018.07.01
In this paper, we developed a shoulder rehabilitation exercise device and monitoring system to remotely provide rehabilitation system for the ones who need shoulder exercises including the patients with rotator cuff rupture. In order to evaluate the severity of shoulder muscle injury, a total of 4 shoulder rehabilitation exercises ((3) shoulder abduction, (2) shoulder flexion, (3) shoulder abduction with elbow flexion, (4) shoulder extension with elbow flexion) were selected and instructed to be performed with a 3 kg dumbbell for 5 times. For EMG (electromyogram) signal analysis, each subject's maximum voluntary contraction (MVC) was measured. EMG signals reflect the activation level of contracting muscles during dynamic exercises. Six participants' muscle activation levels in posterior deltoid, middle deltoid, upper trapezius, and infraspinatus were measured and compared. The mean power spectrum values in the time and frequency domains were compared between two age-matched groups (20s and 50s). The results showed lower muscle activation in the elderly subjects (n=3) compared to that of the ones in their twenties (n=3).
Supported by : 정보통신기술진흥센터
- Bang Hyoji and Lee Hyojeong, "Difference of Early Muscle Strengthening Exercises on Pain, Function and Sleep Quality for Rotator Cuff Partial Tear Patient," Journal of The Korean Society of integrative Medicine, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 1-15, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15268/KSIM.2016.4.3.001
- Seong-eun An, Bum-soo Kim, "The Effect of Rehabilitation exercise programs on Recoverability of muscle functions following the Arthroscopy surgery performed on Rotator cuff tear," The korea Journal of Sport, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 301-309, 2013.
- Cicerone, K. D., Langenbahn, D. M., Kalmar, K., Morse, P. A., et al. "Evidence-Based Cognitive Rehabilitation: Updated Review of the Literature From 1998 Through 2002," Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, vol. 86, pp. 1681-1692. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2005.03.024
- Frederickson, M., & Cannon, N. L., "The Role of the Rehabilitation Physician in the Postacute Continuum," Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, vol. 76, suppl: SC5-9. 1995.
- Mi Jeom Kim, Dong Sam Youm, "The Effect of Constraint-Induced Movement Therapy on the Dexterity and Release Ability of the Affected Hand in Hemiplegic Patient with TBI," The Journal of Korea Aging Friendly Industry Association, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 51-51, 2009.
- Felix Wortmann, Kristina Fluchter, "Internet of Things", Business & Information Systems Engineering, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 221-224, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12599-015-0383-3
- Jayavardhana Gubbi, Rajkumar Buyya, Slaven Marusic, Marimuthu Palaniswami, "Internet of Things (IoT) : A vision, architectural elements, and future directions", Future Generation Computer Systems, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 1645-1660, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2013.01.010
- Jae-Yeon Seo, Myung-Hwi Kim, Baekcheol Jang, "Open Hardware Platforms for Internet of Things : Evaluation & Analysis", Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 47-53, 2017. https://doi.org/10.9708/JKSCI.2017.22.08.047
- Alok Kulkarni, Sampada Sathe, "Healthcare applications of the Internet of Things: A review", International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 6229-6232, 2014.
- Boyi Xu, Li Da Xu, Hongming Cai, Cheng Xie, Jingyuan Hu, Fenglin Bu, "Ubiquitous Data Accessing Method in IoT-Based Information System for Emergency Medical Services", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 1578-1586, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2014.2306382
- Ju-Hyun Choi, Seung-Man Chun, Dong-Hyun Jang, and Jong-Tae Park, "Design and Implementation of Bio-data Monitering System Based on ISO/IEEE 11073 DIM/REST for IoT Healthcare Service", Journal of The Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 3-12, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5573/ieie.2015.52.3.003
- The Korean Journal of Sports Medicine, Sports medicine Field Manual 2, pp. 155-165, 2012.