- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Physical Properties of Recycled Asphalt Mixtures Using Glass Fiber Reinforcement
유리섬유 보강재를 이용한 재활용 아스팔트 혼합물의 물리적 특성에 관한 연구
- Received : 2018.08.01
- Accepted : 2018.08.10
- Published : 2018.08.16
PURPOSES : The objective of this study is to evaluate the physical properties of recycled asphalt mixtures reinforced with glass fiber. METHODS : Firstly, mixing design was conducted on recycled asphalt mixture for use of 50% recycled aggregate. Various laboratory tests were performed on four types of recycled asphalt mixtures with different glass fiber content to evaluate the physical properties. The laboratory tests include indirect tensile strength test, dynamic modulus test, Hamburg wheel tracking test and tensile-strength ratio to evaluate cracks, rutting and moisture resistance of mixtures. RESULTS : The indirect tensile strength of fiber reinforced glass increased about 139.4%. As a result of comparing the master curves obtained by the dynamic modulus test, the elasticity was low in the low temperature region and high in the high temperature region when the glass fiber was reinforced. The glass fiber contents of PEGS 0.3%, Micro PPGF 0.1% and Macro PPGF 0.3% showed the highest moisture resistance and rutting resistance. CONCLUSIONS : The test results show that use of glass fiber reinforcement can increase the resistance to cracking, rutting, and moisture damage of asphalt mixtures. It is also necessary to validate the long-term performance of recycled asphalt mixtures with glass fiber using full scale pavement testing and field trial construction.
Supported by : 한국건설기술연구원
- AASHTO T 324 (2016). Standard method of test for hamburg wheel-track testing of compacted hot mix aspahlt. American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials.
- Engineering daily (2017). Severe road aging, over 60% durability on public roads. Available at: http://www.engdaily.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=7482 (Accessed: Feburary 6, 2018).
- KS F 2382 (2013). Standard test method for indirect tension of asphalt mixtures. Korean Standard Association.
- KS F 2398 (2017). Standard test method for resistance of compacted asphalt mixtures to moisture induced damage. Korean Standard Association.
- KS F 2485 (2005). Standard test method for dynamic modulus of asphalt mixtures. Korean Standard Association.
- Ministry of Environment (2014). Recycling Aggregates Recycling aggregates and recycled aggregates in construction work Notification on the use and use of recycled products.
- Ministry of Environment (2015). Law Enforcement Order to Promote Recycling of Construction Wastes.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Trasport (2018). Road Statistics and Maintenance Information System. Available at: http://www.rsis.kr/maintenance_summary_profit.htm (Accessed: Feburary 6, 2018).